Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-11-2013, 10:39 AM   #1
NewJersey04
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 13

Poly is on hold

Hello!
I am new to this site. I just put the Poly on hold, end of Sept. We need the Volcono pool to be open!! I'm reading on this site that refurbs are going on soon. Can some of the experts direct me to a site that has dates and what refurbs are going on? I need the pool with the slide to be open during the end of Sept, or I have to cancel this hold and choose a different hotel.

Last year we stayed at CSR, awesome awesome awesome!!! I want to try other hotels, but my kids want CSR again, but being the Poly looks to be awesome, they will be happy, but I need the pool to be open!!

Thanks, any help is appreciated
NewJersey04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:43 AM   #2
taylor3297
DIS Veteran
 
taylor3297's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 3,981

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJersey04 View Post
Hello!
I am new to this site. I just put the Poly on hold, end of Sept. We need the Volcono pool to be open!! I'm reading on this site that refurbs are going on soon. Can some of the experts direct me to a site that has dates and what refurbs are going on? I need the pool with the slide to be open during the end of Sept, or I have to cancel this hold and choose a different hotel.

Last year we stayed at CSR, awesome awesome awesome!!! I want to try other hotels, but my kids want CSR again, but being the Poly looks to be awesome, they will be happy, but I need the pool to be open!!

Thanks, any help is appreciated
http://www.tikimanpages.com/tiki/
Try tikiman, he usually knows what is going on.
__________________
taylor3297 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-11-2013, 10:44 AM   #3
Mac4life30
DIS Veteran
 
Mac4life30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,157

you can still put rooms on hold without a deposit?
Mac4life30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:49 AM   #4
NewJersey04
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 13

yes, its on hold until the 17th, no deposit,no c.c.
NewJersey04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:34 PM   #5
lanejudy
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,871
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac4life30 View Post
you can still put rooms on hold without a deposit?
WDW will hold a reservation for 1 week pending receipt of deposit if you wish to mail a check rather than use a credit card.
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:00 PM   #6
Marthasor
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,835

Volcano Pool is scheduled to be closed 3/4 - 3/15. That's all that is posted at this point.
Marthasor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:59 AM   #7
NewJersey04
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 13

Thank you!! I can't spend all this money and if the kids don't have a slide ugh....
NewJersey04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:04 AM   #8
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran
 
iloveeeyore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Westchester County, NY
Posts: 3,251

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJersey04 View Post
Thank you!! I can't spend all this money and if the kids don't have a slide ugh....
You will be allowed to change your reservation if the pool is closed during your stay. Disney is reasonable like that. Also, if you DO stay at the Poly and the pool is closed, you will be allowed to use the feature pool over at the GF, and a special shuttle boat will be available to transport you directly there lickety-split.

I know what you are talking about...the rumor that MAJOR work will be done to the pool, adding a hot tub, etc, "late summer." That rumor has been going on and off for years and years, so until Disney officially announces it, it is just rumors. I'd book if the Poly is where you really want to stay, and if you have to change, just change.
__________________
:DH Me DD 18 DS 16
Recent reports: No longer "LIVE" AUGUST 2012 TRIP REPORT!
Last Dining Report, summer 2012: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2922227



With DH and DKs - CR TPV, CSR, AKL CL, WL CY, Poly GV (x3), Poly GVC, Courtyard by Marriott DTD, CBR
Numerous trips as kids to CR, Poly, Golf Resort
iloveeeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.