Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > WISH Journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 10:47 AM   #16
mpeanut
Mouseketeer

Day 14-
I decided to workout at the gym today because I needed to make use of the babysitting room. I was planning on riding the bike for some cross training, but all the bikes were being used (it seemed extra busy today), so I decided I'd walk on the treadmill. I felt an urge to jog, so I started and it went pretty well. I didn't follow the next C25k workout and instead just ran for 4 minutes and walked for 2 minutes for 30 minutes. It was actually quiet nice. My legs felt fine and although I was sweating like crazy because the gym seemed to think it was a good idea to have the heat blasting, my lungs felt fine. Tomorrow I'll have a little more time at the gym, so I think I'll use the bike for an hour and then Wednesday I have a babysitter so I'll plan to jog outside and tackel C25k week 5 day 2.
In terms of weight loss I've only lost half a pound, but I've been having too many sweets. This week I'm challenging myself to eat a piece of fruit or an extra serving of veggies with each meal. I'll see if that helps to fill me up and avoid the late afternoon/evening sweet treat downfall.
Old 03-02-2013, 04:48 PM   #17
mpeanut
Mouseketeer

After 2 days of rest for what I suspected was the start of a shin splint, I decided to try weke 5 day 2 of c25k again today. I was really happy with the results. My legs and lungs felt fine. I'd like to try to take advantage of the decent weather we are having and go for another walk/jog tomorrow, but I'll just go slow and for about 2 miles since it would normally be a cross-training or rest day.
I've been doing well with more fruits and veggies. My skin looks better which is an added bonus!
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: