|02-12-2013, 01:46 AM||#1|
Join Date: Jan 2013
I have so many random questions... Help!
We are going on the z7 day Western Caribbean Cruise on the Fantasy- stops: Costa Maya, Cozumel, Grand Cayman, & Castaway Cay...
- do we tip when we drop off our bags before boarding the ship?
- how many are in the port adventure groups?
- do we give tips for port adventure guides?
- which port adventures are most popular?
- do we make a reservation for mini golf on the ship?
- I know about dinner rotations- what about breakfast and Lunch?
- is one dinner rotation more popular then another?
- room service- Food is free? we just tip? Order 24-7? Room service Breakfast castaway cay- how early should we order it for?
- should we get a water proof container for our cards and cash?
- spa villa worth it?
- is the daily rainforest spa pass worth it? Why?
- what are some MUST DO's on the ship or ports?
- I've seen "this spot is saved" for castaway cay beach on etsy.com - do people respect the signs or ignore? Does Disney allow saved seats?
- is a cd of all the pictures from shutters worth the price?
|02-12-2013, 03:36 AM||#2|
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Athens, Greece
Hello! Sounds like a wonderful cruise. I am afraid I will only be able to help with a few of your questions.
1. I, for one, have always tipped when dropping off my bags at the cruise port.
3. I have read that it is recommended to tip for the outstanding service you are sure to have.
5. No reservations were necessary on the Dream in August 2011.
6. Some dining rooms and the buffet will be open for breakfast and lunch. The hours will be noted in the navigator (the little daily newspaper of events). Just show up during those hours and you will be seated and taken care of I never found them crowded.
7. Some people like to theme the restaurant to the 'night' for example, being in a specific restaurant on 'formal' night.
8. Tips are always recommended for Room service. Everything is free apart from alcohol, soda, pre-packaged snacks (someone please correct me if I am mistaken).
9. I had one, and it leaked anyway YMMV
As for the rest, I am afraid I have no experience to help you
Have a great cruise!
|02-12-2013, 05:43 AM||#3|
It could end up curdled
Join Date: Feb 2011
Have a great cruise!
|02-12-2013, 06:04 AM||#4|
Join Date: Mar 2011
[QUOTE=Princess Denise;47480498]We are going on the z7 day Western Caribbean Cruise on the Fantasy- stops: Costa Maya, Cozumel, Grand Cayman, & Castaway Cay...
- do we tip when we drop off our bags before boarding the ship?Yes, just like porters at the airport.
- how many are in the port adventure groups?Depends on the adventure, but usually 1 bus load full.
- do we give tips for port adventure guides?you don't have to, but if they're wonderful I usually do.
- I know about dinner rotations- what about breakfast and Lunch?don't know, usually ate b-fast in the buffet or room service.
- room service- Food is free? we just tip? Order 24-7? yup, free, just order and tip.
I answered the ones I could.
|02-12-2013, 08:47 AM||#6|
Earning My Ears
Join Date: Jul 2012
[QUOTE="Princess Denise"]We are going on the z7 day Western Caribbean Cruise on the Fantasy- stops: Costa Maya, Cozumel, Grand Cayman, & Castaway Cay...
1. Yes usually $1-2 per bag
2. The port adventure groups can be quiet large. Especially the ones for sting
Ray city. I felt bad for the 100+ people on the ships port adventure group since there was only 6 people in my privately booked sting ray city adventure
3. I think it is nice to tip the guides. Especially if they made your time extra special.
4. which port adventures are most popular? Not sure about this one.
5. No reservation needed for mini golf, but it does get quite busy with lines. We went after our excursion on grand cayman day & there was nobody up there.
6. There are no rotations for lunch. You can just check your daily navigator to see what options are available that day.
7. I have heard talk about certain rotations wing more popular, and I know that a lot of people prefer main dining at 545. We had ERAERRA 2nd dining and quite enjoyed that. I think we were in Royal Court for both formal & semi-formal night.
8. There are a few things that cost extra from room service that others have mentioned. Otherwise yep all you need is a tip.
9. Didn't use a water proof container.
10. Didn't go to spa, as there was so much other things to do on our first cruise.
11. I didn't use the rainforest pass for the same reason listed above. I do plan to buy the couples week pass for next cruise though. The private hot tub & heated loungers sound great!
12. Must Dos: sting ray city ( I would suggest a private tour though... Way more personal of experience) midship detective agency, aqua duck (although IMO it was super tame, but do it at least once), mini-golf, Aladdin show, & others I can't think of.
13. There is a no spot saving policy on the ship, so I probably wouldn't waste money on the sign although it does sound super cute. Also no spot saving on pool decks or in the theater.
14. Honestly I think the photo cd is worth it if you make a conscious decision to take advantage of all of the photo ops you can. There were many photos I had taken with my camera that weren't 1/2 as good as the ones they took. We kinda blew off the picture taking, but next time I am going to get a lot of pictures taken & buy the cd.
Congrats on booking your cruise! The Fantasy is amazing!! You will certainly enjoy regardless of what port adventures and activities you decide to do!
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|