Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2013, 11:04 PM   #1
DisneyDreamer0610
Earning My Ears

Best Stroller for Disney?

Hey all! I am planning my trip for June 2013 and am planning on buying a stroller for my DD (2). I want a stroller that is lightweight that I can expand and collapse quickly and easily at the airports and at Disney, a stroller that is lightweight, has a canopy cover, a under storage area, can go into a lay back position and has a place to hang a purse or bag.

Is there such a stroller that exists? Does anyone recommend a type of stroller that is close to these wants that they loved? I really hope there is such a stroller out there. Any suggestions/recommendation are appreciated!
DisneyDreamer0610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:11 AM   #2
BoyMom81
Earning My Ears

We are taking a Chicco Liteway for our 3 year old. It is lightweight and folds up well, but a little bigger than an umbrella stroller. It also reclines and has a pretty decent basket underneath.
BoyMom81 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-12-2013, 03:31 PM   #3
livsmom04
DIS Veteran

We have a Maclaren Volo and love it. We have had it for over 5 years now and it still works perfect for us. We have even taken it on a flight to Disney World and back with no issues at all.

7/96-Offsite, 5/98-Offsite, 5/10-ASM, 7/11-POP, 4/12 -POP, 8/12-Coronado Springs, 6/13-Coronado Springs, 6/13 AKV, 9/14 POP

Trip Reports:
TR IN Progress-A Family Trip Full of Surprises: Updated 6/3 Epcot Day Part 3!

livsmom04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:47 PM   #4
huhwhat
Mouseketeer

look at one with a higher seat height.....
PoP 2010,2011,2011
WDL 2008
huhwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:48 PM   #5
DznyPrnces
Mouseketeer

I have a baby jogger city mini. It reclines flat (or almost flat), has a huge canopy, the newer model has an improved basket underneath, and has a truly 1 hand fold. Amazing, I love the folding mechanism. Just buy a hook to hang in the handle bar for bags and it has everything you want. My almost 4 year old fits in it comfortably and it pushes like a dream with her in it (which is rare because it's her baby brother's stroller).

I can't speak to the flying part yet, we are taking our first flight with it next week.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:59 PM   #6
MistressMerryweather
DIS Veteran

City Mini is amazing. The fold and canopy alone are worth it. Every time someone sees us fold our stroller before getting on the bus, someone says something. The canopy is huge and incredible coverage from the sun. Not like any I have seen before. The back lays nearly flat. It's just .

You must see the fold at the end.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbpZRBcx1O8

Me ~ DH ~ Ds(10) ~ Dd(9) ~ Ds(5) ~ Dd(3) ...our Sept. 2010 DW souvenir ~ SURPRISE little one born Aug. '13

Last edited by MistressMerryweather; 02-12-2013 at 05:13 PM.
MistressMerryweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:40 PM   #7
DisneyDreamer0610
Earning My Ears

WOW! I'm sold I want one of those! Too bad it's $250 - I was hoping to find something a bit cheaper than that but just may have to find somewhere else to cut back to get it! Thanks for the help!
DisneyDreamer0610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:08 PM   #8
MistressMerryweather
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer0610 View Post
WOW! I'm sold I want one of those! Too bad it's $250 - I was hoping to find something a bit cheaper than that but just may have to find somewhere else to cut back to get it! Thanks for the help!
There are stroller rentals that deliver to your hotel. They mostly have city minis. I heard someone on here say something about a special $5.00/day, but not sure which or for when. I'm a big help. LOL

Me ~ DH ~ Ds(10) ~ Dd(9) ~ Ds(5) ~ Dd(3) ...our Sept. 2010 DW souvenir ~ SURPRISE little one born Aug. '13

Old 02-12-2013, 07:09 PM   #9
Fueledbycoffee
Mouseketeer

Might want to also check out a Combi Cosmo... Very light weight, shoulder strap for carrying, recline & more affordable than some of the others mentioned. Only drawback is that i would test drive before you buy if you are are tall because it's easy to kick to wheels.

Another affordable option that is really nice is the Chicco Lightway.
Fueledbycoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:34 PM   #10
MistressMerryweather
DIS Veteran

Found it! Apple Scooters. Very reputable and just starting renting city mini and city mini doubles along with their scooters. Only $5.00/a day.
We rented a scooter from them for my dad last sept/oct.

Old 02-14-2013, 06:40 AM   #11
DisneyFEB2013
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistressMerryweather
Found it! Apple Scooters. Very reputable and just starting renting city mini and city mini doubles along with their scooters. Only $5.00/a day.
We rented a scooter from them for my dad last sept/oct.
We just returned home from Disney and rented a stroller the ought Apple scooter. Excellent service and great price! Highly recommend them.
DisneyFEB2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:34 PM   #12
Malakaiii
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFEB2013 View Post
We just returned home from Disney and rented a stroller the ought Apple scooter. Excellent service and great price! Highly recommend them.
Did the rental come with the rain cover and parent console? And how much is the insurance? I can't seem to dig that info up on their site.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:39 PM   #13
DznyPrnces
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakaiii

Did the rental come with the rain cover and parent console? And how much is the insurance? I can't seem to dig that info up on their site.
I've been wondering the same thing.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:25 AM   #14
MistressMerryweather
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakaiii View Post
I don't know about the rain cover and parent console, but the rental and delivery is free because of the promotion. The $5/day is the insurance they charge.

Old 02-15-2013, 10:20 AM   #15
BayGirl22
DIS Veteran

I'm renting from Apple too. Our rental will be $25 for a double! I think the BJCM is perfect as a Disney stroller.
I don't think they include a console. You can get a Sunshine Kids/Diono parent console for about $10 and it fits any stroller using velcro. Its a great console and easy to pack, 2 insulated cup holders, a zipper pocket and a large open space. We put two on a double.

We've never used a rain cover with our BJCM, the canopy and a blanket are always enough. But we don't have downpours where I live so YMMMV at WDW.
BayGirl22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: