Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2013, 12:10 AM   #31
Mama Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmochick View Post
If you are smack dab in the middle you ought to check out the deals Frontier has from Columbia to Orlando. The only fly a couple days a week but it *might* work for ya!
That's exactly where we are. XD

I've been checking daily and so far Southwest is cheaper.

We are really torn on driving vs. flying, though. This is going to be a tough decision.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:31 AM   #32
photos_101
Mouseketeer

Where we stay on the way/back really depends on what time we leave. We have stayed several places and never had any problems. I do plan out my drive and kinda have a an idea of where we would get to before we would stop. I know my family would rather drive as far as possible. This last trip we were not able to leave home until about 2:30pm we went south to little rock and then over towards memphis. We made it to around the Tupelo area (small town past but before Birmingham), spent the night. And made it to disney the next day around 3pm I believe(I would have to look the exact times up).
Coming home we left Disney around noon and made it to a town just before Memphis, spent the night and was able to make it home around 4pm or so.

I really like to leave early morning. When we do that we can make it to Valdosta, GA. We stay at the Hilton Garden Inn there and are to Disney within a few hours the next morning! Really if you don't mind driving, you only lose 1 full day on the road. Granted my kids are older now, but even when they were younger, it would still allow us to spend some time in the parks the day we arrive. Last time we went, we scheduled a room only for the first night. Arrived early afternoon on Sunday and spent the afternoon at the resort/downtown disney. Went to bed fairly early and was ready to go Mon.

The really nice thing is, we have our car to go where we want, when we want. We have even went to the outlet malls on a few trips. No waiting on buses, trying to get out of the parks when they close is crazy and the bus stops are FULL. So it is nice to go right to our car and on our way instead of waiting on a bus and be packed into it for the ride back to resort.

I would just have a talk with your DH and see what he is comfortable with. There are days while we are that we just like to take the buses and give DH a break from driving around. So we do take the buses but only on the non busy days. lol
I think you are about 4hrs closer to disney than us? I wish we were closer. As in, within a couple hrs of Disney...
photos_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2013, 08:00 PM   #33
arihillfarm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Mouse View Post
Just curious, how are you finding these numbers? Is this based on everything pieced out separately?
Sorry, I'm just now getting back to this thread! I priced the spring room only offer, added the tickets for the package discount on 4 day or more base tickets and just added the cheapest RT air offered by Disney on the agent's website from STL to MCO to get that quote for 2 adults and one child for the dates that you listed. If you can tweak your dates or departure airport, you may be able to save even more. Adding just the air was about $1,000 from STL to MCO. The room (standard, not preferred) and tickets together are $1735. If you have an agent or call Disney yourself to book, ask for the spring room only discount first and then add the tickets to make a package. If you just book the MYW package, you won't get the discounts on the room and tickets.

-Astrid
arihillfarm is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: