Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2013, 04:32 PM   #1
cmsnyder77
Mouseketeer

Use CS credits for snacks???

I was reading another thread and the OP said he had unused CS credits on the final day and was allowed to use them for snacks. Is this typically allowed?
2007 - First Mother/Daughter cruise - 7 day Western April 7-14!!!
2008 - 9 day Mother/Daughter WDW trip at CSR!

Coming up - Art of Animation April 1-8!!!!!
cmsnyder77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:35 PM   #2
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmsnyder77 View Post
I was reading another thread and the OP said he had unused CS credits on the final day and was allowed to use them for snacks. Is this typically allowed?
I was able to do it in 2010 at the food court in ASMo. I've seen mixed reports since then though. It wouldn't be something I'd count on, but if you end up with leftovers on your checkout day or something it wouldn't hurt to ask a food court CM.

I haven't seen anything official one way or the other.

aaarcher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2013, 08:13 PM   #3
ses1230
DIS Veteran

We were able to do it at the Contempo Cafe in 2011. I have only seen people post that they were able to do it at the resorts, never at the parks.

1978 CR 2006 CR 2007 OKW 2008 SSR 2009 GF 2010 BLT 2011 BLT 2012 AKV 2013 DCL - Wonder
2013 BC 2014 Pop 2014 BLT
ses1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:05 AM   #4
married2mm
DIS Veteran

We tried last year at por- it was not permitted.
married2mm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:08 AM   #5
3pletprincesses
DIS Veteran

Last AUgust we had to do pretend meals at POR to get it. Dh got to the cash and the lady said you can't. Dh said, let pretend I have a lovely salad with water and this lovely snack. Now can I have my snack. We were able to trade 1 cs for 1 snack and that was during free dining.,
Old 02-11-2013, 10:03 AM   #6
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Saw a guy sort of start an argument with a cashier last month because he was not permitted to do this at the Polynesian. He said he had heard he could do it and was dismayed at Disney's inconsistency regarding the dining plan.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:12 AM   #7
6disneykids
Mouseketeer

I wouldn't plan on that. As has been pointed out, there is an inconsistency with different cashiers doing different things. I can hear the consistency script now, something akin to "unfortunately, we are unable to redeem counter service credits for snacks" I have no idea it this will actually happen, but it would be consistent
6disneykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:26 PM   #8
tinkerpea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pletprincesses
Last AUgust we had to do pretend meals at POR to get it. Dh got to the cash and the lady said you can't. Dh said, let pretend I have a lovely salad with water and this lovely snack. Now can I have my snack. We were able to trade 1 cs for 1 snack and that was during free dining.,
There is 6 in our family and as we upgraded our 7 yr old twins to the adult plan they shared at each meal so we had alot of QS left over from our 16 night stay at SSR
Anyways

We did exactly the same thing at AOA lol, we had actually stayed at SSR but on our change over day we had 22 CS meals left lol we knew we had a fridge and so we went and had all the drinks plus the sides ( just cut out the meal part ) and they was fine with this! We looked insane with all our drinks and bags of sweets!

Before they stopped the 3 snacks for 1QS at the end of our 3wk stay we had a lot of QS meals left as the kids was little and shared their kids meals, so we at AKl exchanged around 26 QS meals for snacks which included bags of jelly beans we took home so much sweets and lolli pops we had to buy an extra case lol!

We went into a candy store and got 63 snack credit items!!! ( we never needed to use them with the DDP and refill mugs) we took our mugs to the parks in My mums ECV basket and at the end of our meals got refills and poured them into our own mugs lol.... They lasted us all day!

Then on top of that the counter service lady made sure we didn't waste our credits and have us around 26 QS snacks x 3 we was eating Disney stuff for a whole yr

Me 28,DH 32,DS 10, DS"Twins"8
tinkerpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:51 PM   #9
Ds4angels
Mouseketeer

We couldn't do it in the park, but at ASMo they let us get one drink and one snack/desert for each unused meal. We had 7 meal credits left over, most were the kids meals

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: