Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2013, 02:43 PM   #1
pandv_2000
Mouseketeer

Our ADRs

We have a week before we can make our reservations and after a looooot of thinking I think we are nearly decided on our ADRs.

On the list we have: -

Rose and Crown
Be Our Guest x 2 (thinking if we don't like it we can cancel one but it has pretty good reviews)
Boma
Teppan Edo
T-Rex
Crystal Palace -this is our only breakfast
Sanaa
Mama Melrose Fantasmic
Biergarten
Citricos
Jiko

Citricos is non-negotiable lol as I love it here and it will be where we have my birthday meal. I'm thinking of bumping Jiko for HDDR as we did this in 2008 and really enjoyed it and it will be more fun for the kids but Jiko is handy as we are at AKL.

We were also tempted by Big River Grille, La Hacienda de san angel and DH would like to go back to Le Cellier for the Unibroue beers but we also have quite a few Epcot restaurants already.

What do you think?

Jun 2007 AKL, Aug 2008 AKL, Oct 2010 HRH & OKW, Oct 2012 Tokyo including Disney Sea, Aug 2013 HRH & AKL, Aug 2014 Japan including Tokyo Disney, Aug 2015 YC (and probs HRH)

Last edited by pandv_2000; 02-12-2013 at 04:20 AM.
pandv_2000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:11 PM   #2
scoobydooby
Dreaming of next Disney trip

Sounds good. The only two I would not choose are Biergarten (just personal taste, I love the show) and T-Rex. I really thought the food there (all four meals) was inedible.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-12-2013, 03:09 AM   #3
ChipnDaleRule
DIS Veteran

We loved Citricos.Biergarten was one of my favourite buffet style meals,the entertainment was fun too. We went to Big River Grill last year,the ribs are to die for,and they have a great beer selection
Old 02-12-2013, 03:59 AM   #4
orangetiggs
Married my sweetheart in DISNEY!!!!!

I loved bog last nov, we were lucky to get an adr on a preview night
Old 02-12-2013, 04:22 AM   #5
pandv_2000
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the responses. We've done Biergarten a few times and I'm sure both DS's will love dancing to the band. I edited my first post as I put the wrong restaurant at the end. DH really wants to do Le Cellier again for the Unibroue beers. I will let him know that Big River Grille have a good beer selection as that might change things!

We've never tried T-rex but we did RFC at AK once and enjoyed it. It does seem to get a lot of mediocre reviews though so we might switch that for Big River Grille.

Jun 2007 AKL, Aug 2008 AKL, Oct 2010 HRH & OKW, Oct 2012 Tokyo including Disney Sea, Aug 2013 HRH & AKL, Aug 2014 Japan including Tokyo Disney, Aug 2015 YC (and probs HRH)

Old 02-12-2013, 05:42 PM   #6
tinkerpea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandv_2000
Thanks for the responses. We've done Biergarten a few times and I'm sure both DS's will love dancing to the band. I edited my first post as I put the wrong restaurant at the end. DH really wants to do Le Cellier again for the Unibroue beers. I will let him know that Big River Grille have a good beer selection as that might change things!

We've never tried T-rex but we did RFC at AK once and enjoyed it. It does seem to get a lot of mediocre reviews though so we might switch that for Big River Grille.
We kept reading the so so reviews for T-Rex but we booked anyway as we have 3 Boys one of which is dinosaur crazy!! Lol.
We loved the place everything about it so much we we t back another 2 times in the 16 days, each meal was fab they have huge selections.

It's now a must do for us

Me 28,DH 32,DS 10, DS"Twins"8
tinkerpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:31 PM   #7
DISWolves
Dreams really can come true !!!!

A nice wide and varied selection!
Like all dining, a lot can depend on the server
Not sure how you intend to book them, but if planning to try online - GOOD LUCK !!!!!!!!
I am in the process of booking mine right now and like many other people, cannot get the accommodation to link with DDP
I have UK (6 digit) - US (ABC12345) and also US(12 digit) booking references but none will create a link. Even after contacting Disney online tech help via phone, they were unable to sort it, despite confirming that all of the res. numbers were correct.
Fortunately so far, by telephone, I have managed to book all of our requested times except for Be Our Guest, which was available 30 minutes after our requested time.
DISWolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:01 PM   #8
pandv_2000
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISWolves View Post
A nice wide and varied selection!
Like all dining, a lot can depend on the server
Not sure how you intend to book them, but if planning to try online - GOOD LUCK !!!!!!!!
I am in the process of booking mine right now and like many other people, cannot get the accommodation to link with DDP
I have UK (6 digit) - US (ABC12345) and also US(12 digit) booking references but none will create a link. Even after contacting Disney online tech help via phone, they were unable to sort it, despite confirming that all of the res. numbers were correct.
Fortunately so far, by telephone, I have managed to book all of our requested times except for Be Our Guest, which was available 30 minutes after our requested time.
The plan was to book online, but as seems to be the case at the minute it wouldn't link to our booking so I had to call them. It took about 1/2 an hour but we got everything we wanted except for T-Rex but I'm going to call them direct as all WDW Dining could give us was 9pm. We decided to pay for CP OOP (or see what we have credit wise as I think DS who will have just turned 10 may still want to order off the kids menu in a couple of places) and only booked 1 BOG and we have booked Le Cellier as DH really wants those Unibroue beers. I wanted to swtich it out for HDDR as we enjoyed that a few years ago and I think the kids would enjoy it but I've picked everything else so thought I'd better let DH have 1 choice!

Old 02-18-2013, 03:13 PM   #9
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

we ADORE citricos!!! best food and service on property (other than V&A)

as for the other ADRs - here's my 2 cents:

Rose and Crown - one of our favorite restaurants - really like their salmon!!
Be Our Guest - never been (it wasn't open yet), but if it is good, it's about time they had a good restaurant at MK!!! i'll try it the next time we're there..
Boma - really enjoyed it there....lots of veggies, which i love!!
Teppan Edo - really enjoyed teppan edo!!
T-Rex - never been
Crystal Palace -we used to love CP, but had a really horrible lunch there last year (DD even ended up in the bathroom, losing it)....but breakfast should be good...i mean, what can they do to breakfast?
Sanaa - never been
Mama Melrose - never been to mama melrose...never could get an ADR for it!
Biergarten - never been
Citricos - LOVE IT!!!!!
Jiko - never been..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: