Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2013, 07:25 AM   #16
winnieatepooh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLFan123 View Post
I can't believe you got that whole thing done in one day! Wow! I enjoyed reading your reviews and looking at the pics. You basically eat the same foods as DP and I. I am so excited that Sunshine Seasons has the gardein chicken option now! Can't wait to try it. I love those noodles already (we have had them with fried crispy tofu in the past). Nice to hear how Ohana accomodated your special requests. We have avoided that restaurant to some degree because we didn't know how they'd make up for our requests for no meat. That pasta at MM looks delicious and that is what I will be having when we go in May! Thanks for this report!
Haha yes I have been snowed in for four days so I've had a lot of time on my hands to get knock this out! It was nice to relive my trip to some degree. The gardein chick'n was delicious, so crispy and flavorful on its own it didn't even need the sauce they put on top! And I've seen a variety of things being made for people at 'Ohana that request vegetarian...you just need to tell your server and they'll whip something up for you! They were incredibly accommodating. And the pasta from Mama Melrose WAS delicious, I would definitely recommend it to anyone who loves cheese as much as I do Thanks so much for reading! This was fun, can't wait to do another.

2013 - POP
2012 - CSR
2011 - Off Site
2005 - Off Site
1998 - Off Site
winnieatepooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:19 AM   #17
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Thank you so much for your report! You did a fabulous job!

With DH and DKs - CR TPV, CSR, AKL CL, WL CY, Poly GV (x3), Poly GVC, Courtyard by Marriott DTD, CBR
Numerous trips as kids to CR, Poly, Golf Resort
iloveeeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-12-2013, 07:49 PM   #18
DLFan123
living the dream-literally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnieatepooh View Post
Haha yes I have been snowed in for four days so I've had a lot of time on my hands to get knock this out! It was nice to relive my trip to some degree. The gardein chick'n was delicious, so crispy and flavorful on its own it didn't even need the sauce they put on top! And I've seen a variety of things being made for people at 'Ohana that request vegetarian...you just need to tell your server and they'll whip something up for you! They were incredibly accommodating. And the pasta from Mama Melrose WAS delicious, I would definitely recommend it to anyone who loves cheese as much as I do Thanks so much for reading! This was fun, can't wait to do another.
I will definitely order my sauce on the side at Sunshine Seasons! Thanks for the tip!
DLFan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:20 PM   #19
sheila <3 WDW
DIS Veteran

Fabulous reviews!!! I just told my DH that when we go (we leave in 22 days!!) I must eat at Yak and Yeti! I have got to try those wontons!

The third time’s the charm! A March 2013 10th anniversary pre-trip report! The 3rd time's the charm! Our 10th anniversary March 2013 TR!
The 3rd time's the charm! Our 10th anniversary 03-2013 Dining Report!
sheila <3 WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:46 PM   #20
Tiggerella
Mouseketeer

Quote:
As my title suggests, I'm a bit late with these reviews. However, I am missing WDW a lot today (snowed in!) and thought this would help me feel a little bit better. I hope my reviews will be helpful for someone out there...or at least make someone a bit hungry!

Let's get to it, shall we? This is my first dining review, so please be kind

The partners in crime are myself (Sandy) and my guy (my fiance). I am a pescatarian but eat mostly vegetarian, and he is a full blown meat eater. Here we are with the man, the myth, the legend, Mickey Mouse, and Miss Minnie herself! Being excited to meet Minnie is an understatement!

Our trip was from September 25 to October 4 2012 - We stayed at Coronado Springs. This was our first time staying on Disney property, and we will never go back to staying off property again! We were also spoiled with free dining. We had 9 CS, 9 TS, and 9 snacks to eat...Needless to say we ate very well on this trip! I have photos of most of what we ate but not everything...sometimes I was just too hungry to wait But don't worry, I'll do my best to describe what isn't pictured.

I hope you'll enjoy! Thanks for reading!
Thank you for sharing! I have to say, your pictures of the House of Blues food has sold me dining there. I was starting to waiver but that picture and your commentary of the shrimp and grits plate sealed the deal!

On a side note, how did you like CSR? We will be staying there a couple nights on our upcoming stay.

Disney Dream Cruise-06/25/2013-07/02/2013
Wilderness Lodge-08/22/11-08/29/11
Port Orleans French Quarter-08/17/09-08/24/09
Port Orleans Riverside - 08/07 (Our first WDW trip!)
Tiggerella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:44 AM   #21
winnieatepooh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveeeyore View Post
Thank you so much for your report! You did a fabulous job!
Thank you, I had fun writing it!

2013 - POP
2012 - CSR
2011 - Off Site
2005 - Off Site
1998 - Off Site
Old 02-15-2013, 09:46 AM   #22
winnieatepooh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila <3 WDW View Post
Fabulous reviews!!! I just told my DH that when we go (we leave in 22 days!!) I must eat at Yak and Yeti! I have got to try those wontons!
Thank you! I really liked Yak & Yeti - The food was fresh and very good, the service was excellent, but the dessert just knocked it out of the park!

2013 - POP
2012 - CSR
2011 - Off Site
2005 - Off Site
1998 - Off Site
Old 02-15-2013, 09:50 AM   #23
winnieatepooh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerella View Post
Thank you for sharing! I have to say, your pictures of the House of Blues food has sold me dining there. I was starting to waiver but that picture and your commentary of the shrimp and grits plate sealed the deal!

On a side note, how did you like CSR? We will be staying there a couple nights on our upcoming stay.
You're welcome! I too was so wary about eating at House of Blues but I'm so glad we did. It's a bit noisy in there, but otherwise we had a great experience. The food was just delicious...especially the shrimp & grits! They were incredible, exactly what I was hoping they would be!

I liked CSR...it is a very big resort, which I knew going in, but still wasn't really prepared for. It was gorgeous, the views especially at sunset were unbeatable. It was such a clean resort, never a leaf out of place. Our room was decent and was always cleaned. We ate at the food court twice and both meals were good, nothing I'm dying for again, but good! We stayed in the Casitas section because it was the prettiest in my opinion, and it was about a 5-8 minute walk to the main building and a 2 minute walk to the bus stop. We only had a problem once or twice waiting for the busses to come, but usually the bus we wanted came in less than 5 minutes. I would definitely stay there again someday, but we'd like to try all of the moderates first before we return to see which one we like best. I hope you have a great trip!!! Say "hi" to the world for me... I have to wait until December!

2013 - POP
2012 - CSR
2011 - Off Site
2005 - Off Site
1998 - Off Site
Old 02-15-2013, 12:26 PM   #24
DonoMoose
Mouseketeer

Hi great photos!! Question, what is in the Fishermans Pie from Ireland @ Epcot?? Looks good, but what's in it??

9/13(POP) 3/13(AKL) 3/09(Pop) 3/07 (ASM)
9/06(Pop) 04(OP)

ME DH DS11 DS2 DD8
DonoMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:26 AM   #25
winnieatepooh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonoMoose View Post
Hi great photos!! Question, what is in the Fishermans Pie from Ireland @ Epcot?? Looks good, but what's in it??
Thank you! The fishermans pie is lobster & scallops in a creamy sauce, topped with mashed potatoes & cheese

2013 - POP
2012 - CSR
2011 - Off Site
2005 - Off Site
1998 - Off Site
Old 02-17-2013, 11:11 PM   #26
DonoMoose
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thank you! The fishermans pie is lobster & scallops in a creamy sauce, topped with mashed potatoes & cheese
wow! looks & sounds to die for!! mmm

9/06(Pop) 04(OP)

ME DH DS11 DS2 DD8
Old 02-17-2013, 11:19 PM   #27
DonoMoose
Mouseketeer

Hi, I really want to get that fishermans pie LOL.. Ireland is not one of the countries at Epcot, did you mean United Kingdom perhaps??

9/06(Pop) 04(OP)

ME DH DS11 DS2 DD8
Old 02-17-2013, 11:22 PM   #28
DonoMoose
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hi, I really want to get that fishermans pie LOL.. Ireland is not one of the countries at Epcot, did you mean United Kingdom perhaps??
Never mind, it was at wine & food festival. sorry about that, what a bummer for me lol

9/06(Pop) 04(OP)

ME DH DS11 DS2 DD8
Old 02-18-2013, 05:09 PM   #29
winnieatepooh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Never mind, it was at wine & food festival. sorry about that, what a bummer for me lol
You have to go to WDW for the food & wine festival someday...it's a food lovers dream! The fishermans pie has been there for the past few years so I'm sure it will be there for many more!

2013 - POP
2012 - CSR
2011 - Off Site
2005 - Off Site
1998 - Off Site

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: