Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2013, 12:22 PM   #1
Chabby
Mouseketeer

Dining with Mickey?

Hi guys:
Is there a character meal featuring Mickey at any of the parks?
DS2 loves Mickey and I would like to include a character breakfast, but we won't rent a car and would rather not have to go from my resort to a park, and then to another resort early in the morning (and risk run into issues with Disney buses and run late).
Any suggestions?
TIA.
Chabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:33 PM   #2
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chabby
Hi guys:
Is there a character meal featuring Mickey at any of the parks?
DS2 loves Mickey and I would like to include a character breakfast, but we won't rent a car and would rather not have to go from my resort to a park, and then to another resort early in the morning (and risk run into issues with Disney buses and run late).
Any suggestions?
TIA.
Hmm i don't think so. You could do Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary and just take the bus to mk and walk over to the Contemporary. That would be my suggestion. Then you could just walk back to MK for the day.

Actually donald's safari breakfast at Tusker house has mickey :-) (i believe lol)

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2013, 12:46 PM   #3
Chabby
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra View Post
Hmm i don't think so. You could do Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary and just take the bus to mk and walk over to the Contemporary. That would be my suggestion. Then you could just walk back to MK for the day.

Actually donald's safari breakfast at Tusker house has mickey :-) (i believe lol)
Thanks! I checked that one and it says Donald and friends, so I guess Mickey may or may not be there at any given day?
Old 02-11-2013, 12:53 PM   #4
lyra2007
Mouseketeer

I think he is at Garden Grill in Epcot as well. 99% sure.
lyra2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:56 PM   #5
melifeld
Mouseketeer

We have been to Tusker House twice and Mickey was there both times. The breakfast there is also pretty good!
Old 02-11-2013, 12:59 PM   #6
Chabby
Mouseketeer

Thanks guys!! I think we'll choose Tusker House!
Old 02-11-2013, 01:02 PM   #7
OhThePain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra2007 View Post
I think he is at Garden Grill in Epcot as well. 99% sure.
Garden Grill only serves dinner. However, if the OP was open to doing a character dinner instead of character breakfast, Garden Grill has the best character interaction, from our experience.

Besides GG, TH is the only other character meal inside the parks I can think of that includes Mickey (you are greated by Donald while Mickey, Daisy and Goofy visit the tables).

Breakfast at 'Ohana and all-day at Chef Mickey's will also have Mickey. Both 'Ohana at the Poly and CM at CR are easy to get to in the mornings. Just take any Disney bus to MK and then either walk over to CR or hop on the monorail to the Poly.

Also note, as a general rule characters are subject to change. The only character meal where you can be 100% sure to see Mickey is at Chef Mickey's (I have NEVER heard of Mickey not showing up there).

1988- Contemporary Resort / 1990- Big Red Boat and Buena Vista Palace / 1993- CBR / 1997- ASMusic / 1998- CBR / 1998- ASSports / 2008/9- POR / 2009- Convention at Gaylord Palms / 2010- POR / 2011- AKL-CL (with 3 "bonus" nights AKL non-CL) / 2013-BWV / 2014- POR
OhThePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:31 PM   #8
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhThePain

Garden Grill only serves dinner. However, if the OP was open to doing a character dinner instead of character breakfast, Garden Grill has the best character interaction, from our experience.

Besides GG, TH is the only other character meal inside the parks I can think of that includes Mickey (you are greated by Donald while Mickey, Daisy and Goofy visit the tables).

Breakfast at 'Ohana and all-day at Chef Mickey's will also have Mickey. Both 'Ohana at the Poly and CM at CR are easy to get to in the mornings. Just take any Disney bus to MK and then either walk over to CR or hop on the monorail to the Poly.

Also note, as a general rule characters are subject to change. The only character meal where you can be 100% sure to see Mickey is at Chef Mickey's (I have NEVER heard of Mickey not showing up there).
'Ohana breakfast isn't lilo and stitch anymore?

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
Old 02-11-2013, 01:59 PM   #9
Chabby
Mouseketeer

Thanks guys!
Chef Mickey is also a good option. I'm going with my elderly parents, how long is the walk from MK to Contemporary?

I was also under the impression that Ohana had Lilo&Stitch. I was planning that for dinner (with no characters).
Old 02-11-2013, 02:44 PM   #10
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chabby
Thanks guys!
Chef Mickey is also a good option. I'm going with my elderly parents, how long is the walk from MK to Contemporary?

I was also under the impression that Ohana had Lilo&Stitch. I was planning that for dinner (with no characters).
Hmmm depends on how eldery/able they are. My folks are pushin 70 but ok with walking. It's about a third of a mile I would say, with the last part being a bit uphill. It's really not a bad walk at all. Are your folks going to be ok walking the parks? You could always take a cab there and then walk or take the monorail to MK. The walk to MK is all downhill. Cabs have never been more than $10-$15 and we found a few times it was really worth it for us to just take a cab. Good luck!

Old 02-11-2013, 03:03 PM   #11
elgerber
Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet & see a movie alone
Likes to grill year round

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chabby View Post
Thanks guys!

As the pp said, it's not a bad walk. It's also the first Monorail stop from the MK, so you could take the monorail over, and walk back, so they only had to walk one way.
Well you can also take the monorail back, but that takes time because of all the stops.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:51 PM   #12
Chabby
Mouseketeer

My mom will be 70 and my father close to 78. They are pretty healthy but 2/3 of a mile with the last portion uphill may not be a good option for them. We went last year and they were able to walk the park but slowly. This will probably be their last trip because of their limited ability to walk.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:17 PM   #13
conniehar90
DIS Veteran

We love Chef Mickey's for dinner. It is easy to take the monorail there and back. The restaurant is located right at the bottom of the escalator when you get off the monorail. It is also a nice break from MK. We go every trip and Mickey is always there. We have also gone to Garden Grill but the kids don't like the food there as much as Chef Mickey's. Never been to Tusker House.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:19 PM   #14
Marthasor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chabby View Post
Thanks guys!

O'hana breakfast is Lilo, Stitch. Mickey and Pluto. The food is not so great. Tusker House is so much fun! Garden Grill dinner is excellent. Those are my two favorite Mickey meals!

The walk from CR to MK is fairly long. You may want to just get on the monorail.
Marthasor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:43 AM   #15
Chabby
Mouseketeer

Thanks!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: