Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2013, 05:29 PM   #916
DVC Daisy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlesparkler View Post
Thanks for the encouragement It didn't feel so good seeing my name at the bottom.

Great job on the recent runs for everyone!!

I'm off to get some DFL socks.
Yup! Way ahead of all of those that didn't go!
Old 06-23-2013, 05:33 PM   #917
DVC Daisy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffreelancer View Post
Now you can buy DFL (dead f'n last) socks. It's a tradition in our running group if you finish last you buy the socks.
Oh - in case I ever need them, and I might where do you get them?
Register to remove

Old 06-23-2013, 06:57 PM   #918
littlesparkler
Mouseketeer

Thanks, DVC -- makes me think of the saying, "I may be slow, but I'm lapping those on the couch!". lol

I'm not sure where to get the socks, but I think I need some
littlesparkler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:32 AM   #919
Figment1990
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know what time the expo is open until on Saturday before the Tinker Bell half? It would be cheaper for me to fly into SNA on saturday but I wouldn't arrive until 1:40. I THINK that would give me enough time to pick up my bib but I know it's cutting it a tiny bit close. Sure would feel better if I knew I when the expo closed.

First trip: Mar 90, Polynesian Most recent trips: Feb '14, Princess 1/2 - GF; Jan '14, Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon! - GCH; Nov '13, Wine & Dine 1/2Marathon - BWI! In-between: Grand Floridian, AKV-Kidani, Poly, WL, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Coronado Springs, Disneyland Hotel
Figment1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:42 AM   #920
kimber23
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment1990 View Post
Does anyone know what time the expo is open until on Saturday before the Tinker Bell half? It would be cheaper for me to fly into SNA on saturday but I wouldn't arrive until 1:40. I THINK that would give me enough time to pick up my bib but I know it's cutting it a tiny bit close. Sure would feel better if I knew I when the expo closed.
I *think* the expo will close at 5pm? You could make it, but it would be cutting it close with baggage claim, getting a taxi/shuttle and then traffic. If you're planning on stopping at the expo, you might not have much time.
Wine & Dine 2014

Running Blog: http://www.domesticgoddessconfessions.blogspot.com/
kimber23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:22 AM   #921
BlazerFan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment1990 View Post
My active.com confirmation from GSC/Tink early registration says Saturday 9:00-5:00**. ** hours subject to change.

FWIW it also lists the expo as Thurs-Sat even though runDisney.com lists Fri-Sat with no times listed.
BlazerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:10 PM   #922
29apr00
Momma to a Princess and a little Prince!

I signed up for Tink when i registered for Princess.....so i'm in for C2C. any more info on the Tink 10K rumors? doubt i would do it as RunDisney has enough of my money, but i could change my mind if the medal is really cool.

I hope the Expo is on Thursday, i could go as soon as we get there and not worry about wasting park time on Friday.

29apr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:44 PM   #923
AZlady
DIS Veteran

Technical registration question??

I want this to be smooth when registration opens...
I have an active.com sign in, so I'm set. My DD13, does not. Can I register her under my account? (With her name on her bib) Or does she need her own account?
What do people do who sign up multiple people?
Please share stressed out....eeekkk!
Old 06-24-2013, 01:21 PM   #924
Figment1990
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimber23 View Post
I *think* the expo will close at 5pm? You could make it, but it would be cutting it close with baggage claim, getting a taxi/shuttle and then traffic. If you're planning on stopping at the expo, you might not have much time.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking too..... I wonder if I can bribe my sister to pick up my bib for me early on Saturday..... Considering I paid for her Pre-Race Taste during wine & dine this year, and she will probably be staying with us that weekend (for free).... it's the least she can do, no???

First trip: Mar 90, Polynesian Most recent trips: Feb '14, Princess 1/2 - GF; Jan '14, Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon! - GCH; Nov '13, Wine & Dine 1/2Marathon - BWI! In-between: Grand Floridian, AKV-Kidani, Poly, WL, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Coronado Springs, Disneyland Hotel
Figment1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:07 PM   #925
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZlady View Post
Technical registration question??

I want this to be smooth when registration opens...
I have an active.com sign in, so I'm set. My DD13, does not. Can I register her under my account? (With her name on her bib) Or does she need her own account?
What do people do who sign up multiple people?
Please share stressed out....eeekkk!
It will give you an option to sign up additional people. First sign yourself up, then they will ask if you want to sign up others. I've signed up my sister and my other family members through my account.

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:47 PM   #926
AZlady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post

It will give you an option to sign up additional people. First sign yourself up, then they will ask if you want to sign up others. I've signed up my sister and my other family members through my account.
Thank you longhorns2!!
Old 06-24-2013, 06:16 PM   #927
caitie86
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know of a USATF certified 10k in the southeast before the cut off time for Tink Half? I'm having trouble finding one. I signed up for the St. Augustine Half on Nov 16 but obviously that is too late to qualify for this race. I'm willing to drive to one. I would just rather not be in the last corral if I don't have too. Thanks!!

- best running partner, Marley

caitie86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:25 PM   #928
Jeffreelancer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by caitie86 View Post
Does anyone know of a USATF certified 10k in the southeast before the cut off time for Tink Half? I'm having trouble finding one. I signed up for the St. Augustine Half on Nov 16 but obviously that is too late to qualify for this race. I'm willing to drive to one. I would just rather not be in the last corral if I don't have too. Thanks!!
Try this website. It doesn't list every race, but it is pretty comprehensive.
Jeffreelancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:34 PM   #929
caitie86
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffreelancer View Post
Try this website. It doesn't list every race, but it is pretty comprehensive.
Thanks!

Darn.......didn't really find anything there. I did find Under the Oaks 10k and half in Jekyll Island , GA on Oct 12. Everything on their site stated they are a USATF sanctioned race, so I emailed them. They responded right away!! This race will be a certified USATF by race day. I live in Orlando and am willing to drive. Would be nice to have a group to represent the Tink Half there......any takers?!?! I'll probably sign up in the next few days ($30).

- best running partner, Marley

caitie86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:43 PM   #930
littlesparkler
Mouseketeer

Is registration going to be that hard? Everyone everywhere is talking about registering at the very moment it opens... it's making me nervous!
littlesparkler is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: