Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 03:32 PM   #16
tnkrbell
DIS Veteran

She will not be going in we will stay in the family areas.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:40 PM   #17
Silver Queen
DIS Veteran

As long as it's before 9:00 pm she can join all of you in the club areas.
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2013, 03:43 PM   #18
neg58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnkrbell View Post
Like I originally posted "please do not attack" I was just asking a question. My daughter will be 2 months from being 18 and is the only minor in our group so I was just wondering if she could come sit with us if we wanted to check out the district.
You were asking, and I think the answers were unfair to you. Many of us are from areas where children are allowed into bars and clubs with parents. In Wisconsin it is even okay for them to drink if the parents are okay with it.

I appreciate Disney not making exceptions because as we all know, if they make an exception for someone who is 17, then someone will want one for a 16 year old, or a drink for a child from a country where children drink wine at dinner.

But it is hard in situations like yours where all are excluded from the teen clubs because everyone else in the group is over 18, yet your daughter wants to be with the family. You'll find plenty to do with the entire group, either before 9 or just in the general family areas.

Nancy
Old 02-11-2013, 03:58 PM   #19
delo4
Mouseketeer
I am not a fancy food eater

I have a cousin who sailed with us when she was in her mid-30's. Because she is very short, under 5 ft, they carded her everytime she entered the adult only venues at night. We always thought it was pretty funny and if they would have known her real age, they probably would have been embarrassed.

The other funny thing, is that our daughter who was just over 18, on the same cruise, was hardly ever asked about her age. She is 5"8 so maybe they thought she was older.

They did the same thing to my cousin at Serenity Bay, where they also asked about her age. It got to be quite a joke and she was not offended at all. I guess after all these years, she is used to it.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:10 PM   #20
bahacca
Mouseketeer

Personally, I'd be freaked if my 17 yo DD went in there and was hit on by some guy who ASSUMED, and rightfully so, that she was 18 or over
Old 02-11-2013, 04:17 PM   #21
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

On the classic ships, the Promenade Lounge is open to families all the time (well, at least, I've always seen all ages there regardless of the time of day/night). It's really a bar with entertainment at night. Is there a place like that on the Dream class ships?

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
Old 02-11-2013, 04:21 PM   #22
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

She can go in with you anytime prior to 9 PM.

After 9 PM it's 18 and up only, no exceptions. If she is asked to show her key card she will also be asked to leave the area, whether she's with her family or not.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:42 PM   #23
Melissa S
DIS Veteran

A lot of people have been posting that kids are allowed in before 9pm. Apparently there are exceptions to this rule. On our last sailing DH took DD to one of the sports clubs during the day so they could play foosball and they were kicked out. Apparently there was a big game on and it was made into an adult only event. Be sure to check the Navigator before going through the hassle.

Magic October 27, 2013 (5 night Halloween on the High Seas)
Wonder March 2, 2013 (5 night)
Magic September 7, 2012 (5 night)
Magic June 2, 2012 (8 night)
Dream December 26, 2011 (3 night)
Old 02-11-2013, 05:05 PM   #24
KingRichard
DIS Veteran

Plenty for families to do up till 9pm and then adults after 9pm.

Nightclubs & Lounges – Disney Cruise Line

Disney Cruise Line offers a vast array of uniquely themed bars, nightclubs and lounges aboard their entire fleet of ships, where adults can mingle over mixed drinks, listen to live music, and dance.

687, a contemporary sports bar located on Deck 4, Aft in The District area on the Disney Dream, is a sophisticated yet friendly venue where families can partake in activities and games during the day, and adults can unwind with a cocktail at night.

687 - Disney Dream

Bon Voyage, a relaxing bar located on Deck 3, Midship aboard the Disney Dream and the Disney Fantasy, is a cozy space where families can enjoy a refreshing beverage or snack throughout the day.

Bon Voyage - Disney Dream
Bon Voyage - Disney Fantasy

A Couple Enjoy Quiet Drinks While Seated at the Sleek Bar
Cadillac Lounge
Cadillac Lounge, a piano bar located on Deck 3, Forward in the Route 66 section on the Disney Wonder, is an intimate spot with a classic Cadillac theme, where adults can listen to live music, enjoy a cocktail and unwind.

Cadillac Lounge - Disney Wonder

Baristas Work Behind the Polished Wood Counter
Cove Café
Cove Café, an adults-only lounge located on Deck 9, Midship on the Disney Magic and the Disney Wonder, and on Deck 11, Forward aboard the Disney Dream and the Disney Fantasy, is a casual hotspot where adult Guests can enjoy beverages and snacks while perusing a magazine, watching television or surfing the Internet.

Cove Café - Disney Dream
Cove Café - Disney Fantasy
Cove Café - Disney Magic
Cove Café - Disney Wonder

Currents
Currents
Currents, a cozy bar located on Deck 13, Forward on the Disney Dream and the Disney Fantasy, is a breezy spot with a commanding view where Guests can relax and unwind while sipping a cool cocktail.

Currents - Disney Dream
Currents - Disney Fantasy

District Lounge, a lively bar located on Deck 4, Aft in The District area aboard the Disney Dream, is an intimate nighttime spot with an attractive modern design. During the day, Guests of all ages can enjoy a variety of refreshing beverages; while at night, adults are invited to mingle over mixed drinks.

District Lounge - Disney Dream

A Comfortable Lounge That Feels Like Home
Diversions
Diversions, a sports pub and lounge located on Deck 3, Forward in the Beat Street section on the Disney Magic and in the Route 66 section on the Disney Wonder, is a cozy venue where families can take part in fun-filled activities or watch a televised sporting event during the day; and adults can sing karaoke or enjoy a cocktail at night.

Diversions - Disney Magic
Diversions - Disney Wonder

Evolution, a dance club located on Deck 4, Aft in The District section on the Disney Dream, is a butterfly-themed hotspot celebrating all styles of music. During the day, Guests of all ages can partake in a number of fun-filled games and activities; while at night, adults are invited to dance, enjoy a mixed drink or sing karaoke.

Evolution - Disney Dream

O'Gill's Pub, a rollicking Irish bar with dark woods, brass accents and a selection of Irish beers, is located on Deck 4, Aft in the Europa district on the Disney Fantasy. Here, adults can enjoy a pint and watch live sporting events on high-definition televisions.

O'Gills Pub - Disney Fantasy

La Piazza, an adults-only lounge located on Deck 4, Aft in the Europa district on the Disney Fantasy, is a delightful retreat inspired by Italian cities and their decorative outdoor plazas, and features Venetian masks, a classic Vespa with a sidecar and even a bar modeled after a colorful vintage carousel.

La Piazza - Disney Fantasy

Meridian, an adults-only bar located on Deck 12, Aft between Palo and Remy aboard the Disney Dream and the Disney Fantasy, is an intimate nighttime spot inspired by the early days of sea travel, where Guests can enjoy a pre- or post-dinner cocktail amid an indoor ocean view setting or breezy outdoor deck.

Meridian - Disney Dream
Meridian - Disney Fantasy

An Upper-Deck Outdoor Bar Offering Ocean Views
Outlook Café
Outlook Café, an adults-only, 65-seat, indoor lounge located on Deck 10, Forward aboard the Disney Wonder, is a stylish retreat where Guests 21 years of age or older can relax with a refreshing cocktail and enjoy the seaside view.

Outlook Café - Disney Wonder

Pink an adults-only bar located on Deck 4, Aft in The District area on the Disney Dream, is an elegant nightspot designed to look like the inside of a Champagne bottle, where adults can savor a cocktail and relax.

Pink - Disney Dream

The Hanging Sign of the Promenade Lounge, Disney Cruise Line
Promenade Lounge
Promenade Lounge, an elegant Art Deco venue located on Deck 3, Aft on the Disney Magic and the Disney Wonder, is the perfect place for families to enjoy a refreshing beverage or snack, surf the Internet or partake in fun activities that occur throughout the day.

Promenade Lounge - Disney Magic
Promenade Lounge - Disney Wonder

An Interior View of Rockin' Bar D on the Disney Magic
Rockin' Bar D
Rockin' Bar D, a venue located on Deck 3, Forward in the Beat Street section on the Disney Magic, is a roadside-themed club celebrating all styles of music amidst a fun, rowdy atmosphere. During the day, Guests of all ages can partake in a number of fun-filled games and activities; while at night, adults are invited to listen to live music, dance or sing karaoke.

Rockin' Bar D - Disney Magic

Disney Cruise Line Guests Enjoy a Cocktail at Sessions Nightclub on the Disney Magic
Sessions
Sessions, a piano bar located on Deck 3, Forward in the Beat Street section of the Disney Magic, is a romantic nighttime spot in an attractive Art Deco theme where adults can listen to live music, savor the flavor of a mixed drink and unwind.

Sessions - Disney Magic

The Marquee for Signals on Board the Disney Magic and Disney Wonder
Signals
Signals, an adults-only bar located on Deck 9, Midship on the Disney Magic and the Disney Wonder, is a cozy spot where Guests 21 years of age or older can unwind with a refreshing cocktail or snack.

Signals - Disney Magic
Signals - Disney Wonder

Skyline, an adults-only cocktail lounge located on Deck 4, Aft in The District area on the Disney Dream, is a cosmopolitan sky bar boasting sweeping—and magically transforming—views of some of the world's most famous cities, where adults can savor a selection of the world's finest beverages.

Skyline - Disney Dream
Skyline - Disney Fantasy

The Tube, an adults-only nightclub located on Deck 4, Aft in the Europa district on the Disney Fantasy, transports Guests to a vibrant metropolitan club complete with an illuminated Union Jack dance floor, "mod" furniture, popular cocktails and four iconic English phone booths.

The Tube - Disney Fantasy

Vista Café, a café/bar located on Deck 4, Midship aboard the Disney Dream and the Disney Fantasy, is a cheery onboard destination for Guests looking to enjoy coffee and a pastry in the morning and a pre- or post-dinner cocktail at night.

Vista Café - Disney Dream
Vista Café - Disney Fantasy

Cozy Tables and Comfortable Chairs Are Clustered Around the Small Stage
WaveBands
WaveBands, a club located on Deck 3, Forward in the Route 66 section on the Disney Wonder, is a futuristic-looking venue that resembles the interior of a giant radio. During the day, Guests of all ages can participate in a number of fun-filled games and activities; while at night, adults are invited to mingle over mixed drinks, dance or sing karaoke.

WaveBands - Disney Wonder

Waves, a breezy bar located on Deck 12, Aft aboard the Disney Dream, is a scenic spot overlooking Mickey's Pool where Guests of all ages can relax with a refreshing beverage.

Waves - Disney Dream
Waves - Disney Fantasy

Ooh La La, an adults-only lounge located on Deck 4, Aft in the Europa district on the Disney Fantasy, is reminiscent of an elegant French boudoir and features Louis XIV chaises, velvet-tufted walls, Victorian furniture, ornate mirrors and more.

Ooh La La - Disney Fantasy

GRAND SLAM COMPLETE! Feb. 11 Dream, April 12 Wonder(Hawaii), Feb. 13 Fantasy, Feb. 14 Magic, June 14 Wonder(Alaska) 36 NOB
Old 02-11-2013, 05:28 PM   #25
tnkrbell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahacca View Post
Personally, I'd be freaked if my 17 yo DD went in there and was hit on by some guy who ASSUMED, and rightfully so, that she was 18 or over
That could happen anywhere on the ship!! lol lol
Old 02-11-2013, 06:57 PM   #26
pyramid2000
Member of the DD Geek invasion of CC
How exacty do you iron on a T-****?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa S View Post
A lot of people have been posting that kids are allowed in before 9pm. Apparently there are exceptions to this rule. On our last sailing DH took DD to one of the sports clubs during the day so they could play foosball and they were kicked out. Apparently there was a big game on and it was made into an adult only event. Be sure to check the Navigator before going through the hassle.
I could be wrong, but I believe some of the bars are adults only even before 9.

1988- 1st trip to WDW/senior class trip : 1990- Carnival cruise from Puerto Rico : 5/00- 3 night CB/4 night Magic : 9/05- 4 night PO/3 night Wonder : 1/06 - 7 night Western Magic: 7/06- 5 night RCCL Explorer (Bermuda):12/09/06- 7 night Magic-DD Geek Party: 8/17/08- 15 night EBPC Magic : 11/01/09- 4 night Wonder:: 2/20/11- 4 night Dream : 11/10/11 - 3 night Dream : 10/13/12 - 7 night Western Fantasy : 04/04/13 - 4 night Miami Wonder : 01/13/14 - 4 night Magic :
Old 02-11-2013, 07:14 PM   #27
dunnhorn
I'd rather be at Castaway Cay

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnkrbell View Post
please do not attack!!! Just a question... How strict are they about letting teenagers in The District with their family???
My niece went on a cruise (I think it was on the Dream?) at age 17 and she was asked to leave the quiet cove pool. She wasn't doing anything but sitting there with her mom, quietly reading. Wasn't talking or doing any "kid" oriented things. They walked up to her and asked how old she was and when she said 17 they asked her to leave.

During the day, there might be DVC presentations in the District and kids are certainly allowed then, but during nighttime hours - unless you are willing to say your kid is 18 - probably best to avoid.

Leslie Ann
Me, DH, DS 12, DD 10

DVC Homes: SSR, HH, BLT, BWV, VWL
Resorts visited: Every WDW resort except for Coronado and Art of Animation. I am boycotting the Poly due to lack of hot tub.

4 day Disney WONDER May '09.
4 day Disney DREAM April '11.
7 day Disney FANTASY Western May '12.
7 day RCCL OASIS OF THE SEAS Eastern April '13
4 day Disney MAGIC March'14

Looking forward to the DVC MEMBER CRUISE on the Disney DREAM in 8/14, and a 7 day ALASKAN cruise on the Disney WONDER in June '15.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:45 PM   #28
tessa67
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnhorn View Post
My niece went on a cruise (I think it was on the Dream?) at age 17 and she was asked to leave the quiet cove pool. She wasn't doing anything but sitting there with her mom, quietly reading. Wasn't talking or doing any "kid" oriented things. They walked up to her and asked how old she was and when she said 17 they asked her to leave.

During the day, there might be DVC presentations in the District and kids are certainly allowed then, but during nighttime hours - unless you are willing to say your kid is 18 - probably best to avoid.
Glad to hear Disney is enforcing this restriction.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:26 PM   #29
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnhorn View Post

Quiet Cove Pool is for 18 plus so DCL had every right to ask her to leave...it did not matter that she was not being disruptive...she was underage. Adult areas onboard are strictly enforced, and rightly so.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

Old 02-11-2013, 10:01 PM   #30
nurse2011
Earning My Ears

Although the bars are only 18+ after 9pm, there are occasions when children are not allowed during the day. I think mostly when the activity the family is trying to attend is listed under the adult programming in the navigator.

For example, there was a 90s music trivia in O'Gills. A family was there is their 10ish and 7ish year old sons. Robbie did tell them that FYI this is an adult only event as it was listed as adult in the navigator. He did let them stay since there was only us and them for the trivia. I think if there were more adults they would ask them to leave though.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: