Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2013, 10:28 AM   #1
Serrina89
Mouseketeer

Booking Room only vs package: How it affects My magic Band!

Hey DISers!

I booked a room only trip yesterday to AOA for an August 2013 trip (yay!) and was curious as to how I could use the MyMagic Band without getting tickets added to make a package (because the cancellation policies are much different!) I was informed by the Disney agent that only guests who had packages could use the MyMagic Band and room only guest still had to use the KTTW card. I then asked the agent, how long I had until I could change the booking to a "package" by adding tickets so that I could make use of the MyMagic FP+. She said that only plans with dining would be considered a package. I thought this was weird as from what I had read from mousesavers and several other sites, that adding tickets to a room only reservation would make it a Magic Your Way package. My questions to you guys are:

(1) am I right about the room + tickets = a package
(2) What are your thoughts about only people with a dining package getting to use MyMagic Bands (as from a financial stand point and a person on a diet ---that unless dining is free, it is not worth it)?
(3) Anybody else know if the agent was mistaken about mymagic bands excluding resort guests without dining plans?
Serrina89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:41 AM   #2
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serrina89 View Post
Hey DISers!

I booked a room only trip yesterday to AOA for an August 2013 trip (yay!) and was curious as to how I could use the MyMagic Band without getting tickets added to make a package (because the cancellation policies are much different!) I was informed by the Disney agent that only guests who had packages could use the MyMagic Band and room only guest still had to use the KTTW card. I then asked the agent, how long I had until I could change the booking to a "package" by adding tickets so that I could make use of the MyMagic FP+. She said that only plans with dining would be considered a package. I thought this was weird as from what I had read from mousesavers and several other sites, that adding tickets to a room only reservation would make it a Magic Your Way package. My questions to you guys are:

(1) am I right about the room + tickets = a package
(2) What are your thoughts about only people with a dining package getting to use MyMagic Bands (as from a financial stand point and a person on a diet ---that unless dining is free, it is not worth it)?
(3) Anybody else know if the agent was mistaken about mymagic bands excluding resort guests without dining plans?
Call-center CMs are notoriously bad at giving out correct information. Every indication from the Terms and Conditions of the new app/Web site say you will be able to apply paper tickets (Undercover Tourist, Old Disney tickets, etc.) to your My Disney Experience account, thus allowing you to make FP+ reservations once that part of the system rolls out.

Plus, VP Tom Staggs told the N.Y. Times that all resort guests will get Magic Bands for free.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Missyrose is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2013, 12:02 PM   #3
GaSleepingBeautyFan
DIS Veteran

The person you spoke with was incorrect. A room plus tickets has always been a package without dining. I'm sure that won't change with Magic band.

All indications are that you will be able to add any paper tickets to the magic band based the terms and conditions of the magic band on the website.

I'm waiting on info regarding the magic band/fast pass plus and AP's.
It's going to affect me since I'm the only member of my family with an AP - I like to go often by myself - the others will have paper tickets from undercover tourist to add to the magic band. We are going in June together so maybe it won't affect us on this trip at all.

As far as is the dining plan worth it for someone on a diet - I've never, ever gotten the dining plan because we don't eat the way the dining plan is set up so it's never been worth it for us.

Connie

WDW: 16 family trips, 10 solo trips - resorts stayed at: offisite(6) AoA, AKL(2), BWI, CR (2), WL (2), CBR, CSR, POFQ (3), POP (3), POR (6) ASMo, ASMu
DISNEYLAND: 1 family trip, 2 1 day trips chaperoning
US/IOA: 5 family trips
GaSleepingBeautyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:59 AM   #4
Serrina89
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for your help!
Serrina89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: