Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2013, 09:26 AM   #1
mommy2twingles
Mouseketeer

Ticket Option Busch Gardens Williamsburg and Sea World

We are planning a trip to Busch Gardens Williamsburg this summer and also thinking about stopping at Sea World in November. Is there any type of combo ticket available for these two parks. I have looked at both websites but don't see an option. There is one to combine Sea World and Bush Gardens Tampa but that won't help us

mommy2twingles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:06 AM   #2
gshumaker
DIS Veteran

platinum pass gets you access to all their parks - only option for those 2 parks

here in VA we can get a 2 park pass for BGW and Water Country and I'm sure the same is true for those in FL with BGT and SW but since those 2 parks are different geographies, they will not offer a bundled deal
Aug 09 - Offsite @ Disneyland
Aug/Sep 11 - Universal/POP Century
Aug 14 POP Century/Universal

gshumaker is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2013, 11:16 AM   #3
johde
DIS Veteran

As gshumacker said, a Platinum Pass is your only option that includes both parks. Since you live in Eastern PA, the Cheapest Option would be to pick up a Super Grover Pass for Sesame Place. Now through 3/1, you can buy the Super Grover Pass for $169, It's normally just over $200. It is nearly identical to the Platinum Pass. A 2 year Platinum Pass at Busch Gardens Williamsburg is $360. I've heard mixed results about buying a Super Grover Pass online and activating it at a different park. Here's a thread from late last year on the Super Grover Pass http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3020962

Several Trips off site and at Grandma house going back to 1976
Dec 2002 OKW; Dec 2003 OKW; Sept 2004 BWV&OKW; Dec 2005 OKW Sept 2006 BWV: Sept 2007 BWV & AKV
Dec 2009 AKV & BWV: Sept 2011 VCG and the Disneyland Half Marathon: Jan 2013 OKW and AKV New years at Disney. Jan. 2015 AKV/ Cabana Bay?
johde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:38 PM   #4
mommy2twingles
Mouseketeer

Thanks. Looks like we will be better off getting single day tickets via AAA. We can get a one day Sea World ticket which includes one meal voucher for 78.99 adults and 70.99 kids and then get BG tickes for 62.50 and 52.50. Making the adults cheaper by $27.50 and the kids ticket cheaper by $45.50

mommy2twingles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:13 PM   #5
ncfamily
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2twingles View Post
Thanks. Looks like we will be better off getting single day tickets via AAA. We can get a one day Sea World ticket which includes one meal voucher for 78.99 adults and 70.99 kids and then get BG tickes for 62.50 and 52.50. Making the adults cheaper by $27.50 and the kids ticket cheaper by $45.50
I'd buy a Super Grover pass for someone in your party for the free parking and the 10% discount.
ncfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:23 PM   #6
Belle & Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2twingles View Post
I would get the Super Grover in hopes of going to another park or spending another day at those parks while there.
If I had them, I would be looking for a long weekend or school break to squeeze in another trip or two or three.
Plus, you get the free preferred parking, food and merch discounts, preferred seating at shows, ride again.
Depending when your summer trip is, you might be able to buy the Super Grover that will be good from then until Dec. 31, 2014.
Belle & Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:46 PM   #7
MondaysChild
Mouseketeer

We bought our super Grover's today. We have always been sesame pass holders but this year we upgraded all of us so we could do sea wold in fl and hopefully ca later this year. I think it is a great deal! Our bonus is that we actually go to sesame too and the pass saves a bundle there! Plus you get discounts on guest passes. Love it!
MondaysChild is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: