Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 07:23 PM   #16
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

I've only flown to/from Florida with Virgin and been very happy with them. As we always stay the night before we like to use the twilight check-in and if it's Orlando that you're going to then the Downtown Disney check-in on the last morning is a godsend. We're flying with BA for our next holiday (not Florida) for three reasons - 1) BA has two flights daily whereas Virgin doesn't fly every day, 2) BA's hand luggage allowance is also 23kg and saves us having to pay for an extra suitcase or three in the hold, and 3) BA was cheaper. This would usually be the most important consideration for me but on this occasion the more frequent services and better hand luggage allowance were and it's just a bonus that it's also cost less.

As for Gatwick I think you'll find it easier to navigate than Heathrow as it's smaller and the train between the two terminals only takes minutes. There's lots of places to eat/drink both before and after security at both terminals but we really like Giraffe at the south terminal (before security).
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:41 AM   #17
mikki.young
Knows Dreams do come true!

I'm just going to add one bit of information: the flights I had with virgin in October and January both took 10 hours on the way out. That is much longer than normal. Both on the Airbus.

Like others I have flown with both and service is hit and miss.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2013, 05:55 PM   #18
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Location: sur les cases bleues du monopoly -1 mile from Disneyland Paris

Thank you all so much for your thoughts and comments

I finally booked with BA yesterday and will hopefully have a great flight in 96 days time

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:12 PM   #19
bazzanoid
where'sthespacebar?

We prefer BA to Virgin, but having said that it's 10 years since we last went with them, and since they had a great deal in their january sale (£585 each from LGW) we've booked with them for our upcoming october trip. BA just couldn't get close on price, so VS won out!

bazzanoid is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: