Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2013, 01:14 PM   #16
DSLRuser
Age is a state of mind

always crowded.

ate lunch there in 2010, and it was great.

because of the 2010 lunch, we wnet for lunch in 2011 and it was very mediocre at best. we skipped it for this 2013 trip.

many times they can be so busy, the servers dont have time to "interact" and do their "schtick".
Port Orleans FQ x3
Coranado Springs
Caribbean Beach Club
Contemporary Resort
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yacht Club
Polynesian Resort
<<Disney Wonder>>
Marriot Sable Palms x 4
Marriot Royal Palms x 4
Bonnet Creek x 3
Marriot Cypress Harbor x 2
Marriot Grande Vista
DSLRuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:21 PM   #17
winnieatepooh
Mouseketeer

I forget what our servers name was, but he was our "cousin." He was extremely sarcastic and very "blah, why am I here, I'm a teenage boy and I'm better than this..." It was amusing but not over the top, which was what I was worried about. I didn't want to be embarrassed and was quite nervous about it, but he was fine. He made fun of me when I didn't finish my meal and wanted dessert, but he still let me have it (and didn't bring me any gross green beans with whipped cream). I did see another woman through the window who I think was a groups "grandma" and she was much more into it than our server was. If your group wants a more low key server, be sure to request it at the check-in...they will accommodate you!

2013 - POP
2012 - CSR
2011 - Off Site
2005 - Off Site
1998 - Off Site
winnieatepooh is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2013, 06:23 PM   #18
JiminyCricut
Earning My Ears

50s Primetime Cafe is a MUST (Because I told you so)

My family loves the 50s Primetime Cafe. It is on the "must-do" list every time and we highly recommend it to our friends with kiddos. Our 3 and 8 year olds thought it hilarious that Mommy and Daddy had somebody telling them what to do! I had the pot roast and it literally transformed me back to the day, sitting in Grandma's kitchen on a Sunday afternoon. As with anything Disney, nothing was lost in the details. Our server even sat down towards the end of the meal and had a lovely conversation with the kiddos (nothing derogatory or berating at all). Perhaps we just hit it with a fantastic server as I would find nothing enjoyable about a twit coming at me with a whistle and loud mouth! And I am fun, I really am! Before crossing the Cafe off your list, I would suggest having a quiet word with the hostess explaining that you want the experience, but on a low-key level. I'm sure they can adjust accordingly.
JiminyCricut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:40 PM   #19
jude&jonah
Mouseketeer

I love love love this restaurant when with a big group of good sports. I went 6 years ago and was unfortunately the person who was put into the corner I think my elbows were on the table, I can't remember.

Agree with everyone else it SO depends on the waiter- it is such a hit or miss.

1995- Caribbean Beach / 1998 x2- Boardwalk & Fort Wilderness / 2002- Sheraton Vistana
2006- Sheraton Vistana / 2006 to 2007- Grand Floridian Cast Member /
2011- Coronado Springs / 2013 Caribbean Beach & Polynesian Split-Stay / 2014 POR FQ
Planning a magical honeymoon for Sept 2015!
jude&jonah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:47 PM   #20
spodie
Mouseketeer

We typically make it here about once every other trip, so we end up there quite often. Like others have said, it really depends on the waiter, and I think they are pretty good at getting the vibe of the table right off the bat. However, I have found that, more often then not, it's just a normal dining experience where we can sit back and watch certain other tables going through the antics.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:55 PM   #21
RnbwSktles
DIS Veteran

I had lunch here 3 or 4 years ago and enjoyed the meal. I don't remember our server really being in character, but we were a group of 3 23-26 year olds, so maybe she assumed we just wouldn't be into it. I really enjoy the atmosphere and milkshakes, so I don't mind how the servers act.

I am going back in Jan 2014 and plan to make another lunch ADR here. I looked at the menu and it seems to be the same for lunch and dinner? Is that correct? Last time I visited I had a turkey club sandwich, or something similar, and I don't see any sandwiches on the menu now. Am I looking at the menu wrong? The meals listed seem a little heavy for lunch IMHO.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:04 PM   #22
Masonmj84
DIS Veteran

I was very skeptical about this place the first time we went (mostly booked it for the benefit of my MIL who is a 50's nostalgia nut).

It's turned into a virtual must-do (we like to go for lunch).

Food quality-wise, it can probably best be described as being somewhat similar to a Cracker Barrel or Bob Evans (which are not places I'd normally choose to patronize at home).

But I like the theming and kind of get a kick out of the shtick (an I'm very much of an introvert who isn't normally into this sort of thing).

Plus, I'm hooked on the fried chicken and PB&J milkshake.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:10 PM   #23
Orsino
Mouseketeer

We were there two weeks ago and did not enjoy it. I can see it appealing to some, but we are clearly not the intended audience.

I kind of wanted to try the smores dessert, but my nephew was so upset, we needed to get out of there as quickly as possible.
Orsino is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: