Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 07:36 PM   #91
StitchesGr8Fan
DIS Veteran

Unfortunately, if you are at that stage when your friends have kids and you don't, you sometimes have to do "kids stuff" if you want to see your friends. I don't think you should have to spend tons of $ to go to an amusement park though. But if she offers an opportunity to see her again and it is an inexpensive kid-oriented experience, you might want to consider going just to spend time with her.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:06 PM   #92
luv4u859
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashbb View Post
Honestly, that is the exact same reason I gave friends for not wanting to do similar run (and it was the truth). I didn't want to do a race in which I was being chased. Whether that makes sense to you or not, it is the truth. My friends accepted it (okay, one mocked me a bit, but none accused me of lying).
i didn't accuse her of lying. just didn't like getting the run around, just say no and its only because she has done it twice before.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-12-2013, 08:20 PM   #93
crashbb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv4u859 View Post
i didn't accuse her of lying. just didn't like getting the run around, just say no and its only because she has done it twice before.
How is she giving you the run around? She said "no" and explained why. How is that giving you the run around? Sorry, but I really don't understand what is wrong with what she did.

Sorry, since you said that what she did was wrong (giving you the run around), I assumed that you were suggesting that you didn't believe her or that she was being evasive.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:52 PM   #94
luv4u859
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashbb View Post
How is she giving you the run around? She said "no" and explained why. How is that giving you the run around? Sorry, but I really don't understand what is wrong with what she did.

Sorry, since you said that what she did was wrong (giving you the run around), I assumed that you were suggesting that you didn't believe her or that she was being evasive.
She did not say no.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:55 PM   #95
luv4u859
Mouseketeer

plus, I found cake classes (guess that's what you call them) at my local michael's. it starts in march.

Last edited by luv4u859; 02-12-2013 at 10:52 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:35 AM   #96
Mkrop
I just cant go on demand
Hi my name is Mkop and I am a cart leaver!

Quote:
plus, I found cake classes (guess that's what you call them) at my local michael's. it starts in march.
Hope you enjoy them! Go in with an open mind, this may be the class where you find a friend but it may not be. Just enjoy getting out and meeting the people regardless of where the relationships go!
June 2008 Contemporary
Dec 2008 Boardwalk Inn
June 2009 Disneyland Hotel and DCA
Jan 2010 DVC Boardwalk Villas
Dec 2010 DVC BLT
July-Aug 2011 Disneyland Park Vue Inn
Dec 2011 DVC BW
July 2012 DVC BC
Dec 2013 DVC AKL/BW
Aug 2014 DVC DCA
Old 02-13-2013, 07:11 AM   #97
Skywalker
Finds good homes for stray tags
Elevators freak me out
Have you seen my coolness?
If hell exists, it will be filled with spiders

Quote:
because she has always gave me the run around. Invited her to my house warming and she told me she was coming until the day off she just couldn't come anymore and said her mother in law told her she couldn't come.

for our birthdays which is close to each other, we had planned to go out to eat, 2 days before she just texts me and says she couldn't go anymore. no reason.
I am just commenting because I have been like your friend before. In my case it was because of social anxiety issues, I would say yes to things, thinking I could do them and then as the time came closer I would panic and not be able to show up. Other people have issues too, maybe this is hers, maybe not. But you are supposed to BE a friend too...realize that other people have their own stuff going on and maybe you could be supportive of them.

To be honest, you sound very negative as well as argumentative and actually selfish to me. I know you think in you heart you are good, nice person, but even good and nice people have their negative qualities. I think you should look inside how to work on your own issues instead of thinking everyone else is always the problem. And reach out and be supportive with others instead of always judging them.

I am not meaning to be rude, but I am giving you my view as bluntly as I can.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:05 PM   #98
luv4u859
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker

I am just commenting because I have been like your friend before. In my case it was because of social anxiety issues, I would say yes to things, thinking I could do them and then as the time came closer I would panic and not be able to show up. Other people have issues too, maybe this is hers, maybe not. But you are supposed to BE a friend too...realize that other people have their own stuff going on and maybe you could be supportive of them.

To be honest, you sound very negative as well as argumentative and actually selfish to me. I know you think in you heart you are good, nice person, but even good and nice people have their negative qualities. I think you should look inside how to work on your own issues instead of thinking everyone else is always the problem. And reach out and be supportive with others instead of always judging them.

I am not meaning to be rude, but I am giving you my view as bluntly as I can.
I am no where near selfish and don't appreciate you calling me it. I never once said I wasn't negative, but selfish I will never be, I was not raised that way. Gave people money when they had NOTHING, over 300 dollars I gave a friend throughout the years we have been friends and never once asked for any of it back. That to me does not equal selfish.

And I doubt she has social anxiety, she goes everywhere else with anybody else cuz she tells me, but whenever I plan stuff it gets canceled.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:25 PM   #99
kwelch10377
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=luv4u859;47495123]I am no where near selfish and don't appreciate you calling me it. I never once said I wasn't negative, but selfish I will never be, I was not raised that way. Gave people money when they had NOTHING, over 300 dollars I gave a friend throughout the years we have been friends and never once asked for any of it back. That to me does not equal selfish.

And I doubt she has social anxiety, she goes everywhere else with anybody else cuz she tells me, but whenever I plan stuff it gets canceled.[/QUOTE]

If the bolded is true I would think about why she is just cancelling on you.

In this thread you come across as very defensive when anyone tries to give you feedback that isn't positive. No one likes to hear someone be critical of them but sometimes you really need to take that feedback to hear, especially if you are looking to change something in your life. People don't always realize that they are coming across a certain way and they only way you will ever know is if some one tells you and you really listen to them.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:47 PM   #100
okeydokey
Frosty the Snowman scared me as a child
It will always be beautiful no matter what it looks like naked

I know it is hard, but sometimes the problem is you. If everyone seems to treat you a certain way, you may need to step back and try to figure out what YOUR role in it is. I know it is easier and more pleasant to think over and over again that it is someone else's fault or problem, but thinking that doesn't change anything.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:51 PM   #101
luv4u859
Mouseketeer

And it's all being put on me. Yes I may have issues, but people cancel on me all the time, for whatever reason. I had a house warming party. Everyone I invited said the would come. I even texted everyone the day before saying how to find my apartment & etc. ask me out of 16 friends I invited came, ONE. ONE PERSON and just my family. Everyone just texted me with excuses or didn't say anything at all. So it is not always MY FAULT. yes I have to blame because I don't let people get smart with me but its not always my fault people cancel on me. You only know what I am telling you.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:54 PM   #102
Arielle22
We have had spirits
I had never heard of it before the Dis
this is how we show love, get used to it

Quote:
I am no where near selfish and don't appreciate you calling me it. I never once said I wasn't negative, but selfish I will never be, I was not raised that way. Gave people money when they had NOTHING, over 300 dollars I gave a friend throughout the years we have been friends and never once asked for any of it back. That to me does not equal selfish.

And I doubt she has social anxiety, she goes everywhere else with anybody else cuz she tells me, but whenever I plan stuff it gets canceled.
To me, saying you don't want to go to Sesame Street, even to spend time with a friend, because you won't get your money's worth does come across as selfish.
CB 03/92
CSR and BC 08/09
BWI 11/11
OFF SITE 88,94,96,00
Old 02-13-2013, 01:57 PM   #103
okeydokey
Frosty the Snowman scared me as a child
It will always be beautiful no matter what it looks like naked

Quote:
And it's all being put on me. Yes I may have issues, but people cancel on me all the time, for whatever reason. I had a house warming party. Everyone I invited said the would come. I even texted everyone the day before saying how to find my apartment & etc. ask me out of 16 friends I invited came, ONE. ONE PERSON and just my family. Everyone just texted me with excuses or didn't say anything at all. So it is not always MY FAULT. yes I have to blame because I don't let people get smart with me but its not always my fault people cancel on me. You only know what I am telling you.
I didn't say it was ALWAYS your fault. Just ask yourself why 16 people would cancel on you at the last minute and not tell you. Maybe they are all jerks, and you just need a new class of people to hang with. Maybe somehow you are making it unpleasant to be around you and your friends are not wanting to spend time with you. it is impossible for US to know. I am just saying that if the same thing keeps happening to you over and over again, maybe you are the common denominator and need to to take a good look at how you relate to people.

I know it is hard to hear criticism, but it can be a growing experience. I think people here sincerely want to help you.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:01 PM   #104
luv4u859
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arielle22 View Post
To me, saying you don't want to go to Sesame Street, even to spend time with a friend, because you won't get your money's worth does come across as selfish.
your opinion. would you spend the money you didn't have right now?
Old 02-13-2013, 04:05 PM   #105
luv4u859
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by okeydokey View Post
I didn't say it was ALWAYS your fault. Just ask yourself why 16 people would cancel on you at the last minute and not tell you. Maybe they are all jerks, and you just need a new class of people to hang with. Maybe somehow you are making it unpleasant to be around you and your friends are not wanting to spend time with you. it is impossible for US to know. I am just saying that if the same thing keeps happening to you over and over again, maybe you are the common denominator and need to to take a good look at how you relate to people.

I know it is hard to hear criticism, but it can be a growing experience. I think people here sincerely want to help you.
i do think of that. I do ask what is wrong with me. But when you have people who you has done the same thing for years, say they will do or go somewhere with me and don't and they have done it many times, i know its not me. That was a very hard day for me because I realized then I had nobody but family, NOBODY came, NO ONE.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: