Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 04:18 PM   #76
luv4u859
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurvy View Post
I'm a little bit confused by this. If I'm understanding correctly, the girl contacted you because she wanted to hang out with you more, so you suggested the Color Run. That wasn't something she's interested in doing, so she suggested Sesame Place. You aren't interested in that. All that sounds totally normal - but you sound almost angry that she suggested Sesame Place. Are you?

I might be completely misreading you and if so I apologize, but between that and the comment about kissing someone's behind, and the one about deleting the whole thread if someone doesn't answer your text, I get the impression you might have higher expectations for relationships than many people do. That might be making it more difficult for you to maintain friendships.
no I was not angry because she suggested sesame place, I just didn't see a point of me spending all the money to go there when I don't have kids. I can only ride like 5 things there. It is a better place for kids to go to. I went a couple years ago, but that's only because my aunt was taking her daughter and I took my little cousin, but now he's 13 and i'm sure he doesn't want to go to sesame place anymore lol

I got mad because I asked her and she gave me the run around. Saying she would be scared or think monsters are gonna get her, when she could have just said no I'm not interested. I'll rather people tell me no straight out then give me the run around.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:20 PM   #77
luv4u859
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvjules View Post
Can't that be switched around to she aked you to do something but you said no? Yes, I know you don't have kids but for crying out loud, it would get you out and socializing. Does all of your socializing with your friends have to be "my way or the highway"? Go, have fun, enjoy being with adults that aren't family. I don't see anything she has said or done in that post that warrants the "Perfect example of someone who claims to be my friend," Same could be said of you, no?
sesame place is REALLY expensive. I don't see the point of paying when I can only go on like 5 rides and that would be it, not including food. I already have a season pass to great adventure, which was also expensive, but I can go on everything there.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-12-2013, 04:22 PM   #78
wvjules
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv4u859 View Post
no I was not angry because she suggested sesame place, I just didn't see a point of me spending all the money to go there when I don't have kids. I can only ride like 5 things there. It is a better place for kids to go to. I went a couple years ago, but that's only because my aunt was taking her daughter and I took my little cousin, but now he's 13 and i'm sure he doesn't want to go to sesame place anymore lol

I got mad because I asked her and she gave me the run around. Saying she would be scared or think monsters are gonna get her, when she could have just said no I'm not interested. I'll rather people tell me no straight out then give me the run around.
Can't the bolded be true? Maybe the thought of it would scare her.

And going to Sesame place isn't for you to ride rides, it's for you to hang out with your friend.

It seems to me that you are too "short" with your friends and can be difficult to get along with. They either do what you want when you want it, or you get mad at them. Relax and roll with it a little bit.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:23 PM   #79
luv4u859
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier's*Sweeties View Post
Are there any Hobby Lobbys in your area? I know they have classes.
no closes on is an hour and a half away :-(
Old 02-12-2013, 04:29 PM   #80
Scurvy
Kungaloosh!

Quote:

Maybe that was her way of saying no. What makes you think she was tring to give you the run around? She might have wanted to give you the reason she was not interested in participating in the Color Run rather than just saying "No" with no other explanation. To me, it sounds like the two of you might just have different communication styles. What was your response when she asked you about Sesame Place?
Old 02-12-2013, 04:29 PM   #81
luv4u859
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Can't the bolded be true? Maybe the thought of it would scare her.

And going to Sesame place isn't for you to ride rides, it's for you to hang out with your friend.

It seems to me that you are too "short" with your friends and can be difficult to get along with. They either do what you want when you want it, or you get mad at them. Relax and roll with it a little bit.
if i'm gonna pay my money, I am going to want to get my money's worth.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:31 PM   #82
luv4u859
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Maybe that was her way of saying no. What makes you think she was tring to give you the run around? She might have wanted to give you the reason she was not interested in participating in the Color Run rather than just saying "No" with no other explanation. To me, it sounds like the two of you might just have different communication styles. What was your response when she asked you about Sesame Place?
because she has always gave me the run around. Invited her to my house warming and she told me she was coming until the day off she just couldn't come anymore and said her mother in law told her she couldn't come.

for our birthdays which is close to each other, we had planned to go out to eat, 2 days before she just texts me and says she couldn't go anymore. no reason.

when she asked me, I said for what? and then I told her no I don't want to go because i don't have kids.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:31 PM   #83
wvjules
DIS Veteran

Quote:
if i'm gonna pay my money, I am going to want to get my money's worth.
Gotcha

Too bad forming a friendship doesn't fall under that category. BTW, how much was the Color Run?
Old 02-12-2013, 04:34 PM   #84
luv4u859
Mouseketeer

I was even trying to possible move into a house and get a roommate, that would really help me get close to someone else. I am going to keep looking for someone who may want to go half on rent with me. its not the money issue, it would just be having someone to be around. we could have parties lol
Old 02-12-2013, 04:37 PM   #85
Soldier's*Sweeties
I WILL walk three miles in the snow, uphill, barefoot for a Pumpkin Spice Latte
I'll take the Palmettos

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv4u859
I was even trying to possible move into a house and get a roommate, that would really help me get close to someone else. I am going to keep looking for someone who may want to go half on rent with me. its not the money issue, it would just be having someone to be around. we could have parties lol
I wouldn't count on a roommate situation turning into a best friend situation.

In my experience, living with someone(other than DH) has not helped our relationship.

I lived with my VERY best friend after HS. Worst mistake we have ever made. It was fun at first but once you bring money/household responsibilities into the mix it changes things.
Bonus book #26- Parasite(Parasitology #1) Mira Grant
2014 Reading Challenge: 35 Books
#1-Bad Monkey Carl Hiaasen, #2- Undead and Unwed MaryJanice Davidson, #3- New Year Island Paul Draker, #4- Belle de Jour: Diary of an Unlikely Call Girl Anonymous, #5-Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers Mary Roach,
#6- Undead and Unemployed MaryJanice Davidson, #7- Infected Scott Sigler, #8- Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex Mary Roach, #9- Flesh Worn Stone John Burks, #10- Uganda Be Kidding Me Chelsea Handler,
#11- The Witness Sandra Brown, #12-Midnight Crossroad Charlaine Harris, #13- Under the Dome Stephen King, #14- Monument 14 Emmy Laybourne, #15- Monument 14: Sky on Fire Emmy Laybourne, #16- The Magicians Lev Grossman, #17, #18, #19- The Strain Trilogy Guillermo Del Toro,
#20- A Discovery of Witches Deborah Harkness, #21- Postmortem Patricia Cornwell, #22- The Darkest Minds Alexandra Bracken, #23- The Heist Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg, #24- The Town Bentley Little, #25- The Chase Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg
Old 02-12-2013, 04:49 PM   #86
Scurvy
Kungaloosh!

Quote:
because she has always gave me the run around. Invited her to my house warming and she told me she was coming until the day off she just couldn't come anymore and said her mother in law told her she couldn't come.

for our birthdays which is close to each other, we had planned to go out to eat, 2 days before she just texts me and says she couldn't go anymore. no reason.

when she asked me, I said for what? and then I told her no I don't want to go because i don't have kids.
Well, you could be right. She could just be stringing you along and doesn't really intend to hang out with you when you make plans together. But she could also just be flaky or have something going on in her life that causes her to be unable to follow through with the things she plans. Given that she contacted you to say she wanted to hang out, that makes me think she isn't really trying to give you the run around. Whether she is or not, the fact that she flakes on plans is definitely a valid reason for you not to want to hang out with her.

However, the more you post the more I think that communication style and expectations are playing a role in this. Your response to her seems brusque and not particularly friendly. Your posts on here are not exactly warm and fuzzy. Please don't think I'm criticizing you - some people are more warm and fuzzy and some are more blunt. You seem more blunt. Obviously I only "know" you from your posts on here and you might be nothing like that in real life. But if you communicate in real life the way you do on here, it's possible that you are being direct, negative or short enough that it makes some people uncomfortable.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:51 PM   #87
luv4u859
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Gotcha

Too bad forming a friendship doesn't fall under that category. BTW, how much was the Color Run?
right now there's a special until march 1st is $35 dollars, after that it goes back up $40, $45 and $50.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:53 PM   #88
luv4u859
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Well, you could be right. She could just be stringing you along and doesn't really intend to hang out with you when you make plans together. But she could also just be flaky or have something going on in her life that causes her to be unable to follow through with the things she plans. Given that she contacted you to say she wanted to hang out, that makes me think she isn't really trying to give you the run around. Whether she is or not, the fact that she flakes on plans is definitely a valid reason for you not to want to hang out with her.

However, the more you post the more I think that communication style and expectations are playing a role in this. Your response to her seems brusque and not particularly friendly. Your posts on here are not exactly warm and fuzzy. Please don't think I'm criticizing you - some people are more warm and fuzzy and some are more blunt. You seem more blunt. Obviously I only "know" you from your posts on here and you might be nothing like that in real life. But if you communicate in real life the way you do on here, it's possible that you are being direct, negative or short enough that it makes some people uncomfortable.
i'm really not blunt, half the time I am scared to speak up and tell people how i feel, that's another reason why I feel that I can taking advantage of sometimes because I don't speak up for myself.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:55 PM   #89
luv4u859
Mouseketeer

I started the power90 workout and i invited her over to do it with me whenever she has time.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:20 PM   #90
crashbb
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Honestly, that is the exact same reason I gave friends for not wanting to do similar run (and it was the truth). I didn't want to do a race in which I was being chased. Whether that makes sense to you or not, it is the truth. My friends accepted it (okay, one mocked me a bit, but none accused me of lying).

Last edited by crashbb; 02-12-2013 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Second paragraph was not needed or helpful
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: