Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 07:02 AM   #151
A&M's Mommy
Mouseketeer

Why are you all even wasting your time? It is clear the OP is only interested in hearing what she wants to hear. No constructive criticism is accepted. She is belligerent, combative, and is picking fights with anyone trying to help her.

So I ask again: why are you wasting your time?
Old 02-14-2013, 07:04 AM   #152
LiveYourLife
I am the one who knocks...

Wasted keystrokes and energy here, people. All of your very helpful advice is falling on deaf ears of someone who is so blind to their own personal issues that they only project blame on to others.

Run like the wind and let this thread die.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2013, 07:05 AM   #153
LiveYourLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M's Mommy View Post
Why are you all even wasting your time? It is clear the OP is only interested in hearing what she wants to hear. No constructive criticism is accepted. She is belligerent, combative, and is picking fights with anyone trying to help her.

Lol! JINX! We were posting the same thing at the same time!
Old 02-14-2013, 07:06 AM   #154
crashbb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveYourLife View Post
Wasted keystrokes and energy here, people. All of your very helpful advice is falling on deaf ears of someone who is so blind to their own personal issues that they only project blame on to others.

Run like the wind and let this thread die.
Sometimes people reading the thread (who may not be posting) can gain something from the things posted, even if the OP is being obstinate, so it isn't' wasted keystrokes or energy. Or, that's what I tell myself.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:07 AM   #155
Allison
- Join date March 2004 -

Quote:

I have to agree. People have really been patient and offered feedback but it's not going anywhere. Maybe the OP can let this sit for awhile and then go back and reflect on how she has interacted with people here. It would help her see why she has problems in the real world. However, I am not optomistic that will happen.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:14 AM   #156
LiveYourLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashbb View Post
Sometimes people reading the thread (who may not be posting) can gain something from the things posted, even if the OP is being obstinate, so it isn't' wasted keystrokes or energy. Or, that's what I tell myself.
I agree with you 100%!!! There has been some really good advice suggested on this thread, but when it gets to page 11 of arguing on the part of the OP with responses that have to have her ****ing out her words, it becomes a waste of time and energy for people to continue to engage. At this point is anyone really helping her? No, because each post results in a ****ing laden response and to me she is just looking to argue and rile people up at this point.

Remember Baby Henry from Canada people!!!!
Old 02-14-2013, 07:18 AM   #157
lovemygoofy
Man I shot myself in the foot
I got new moves and everything ready for some serious tips
No, in case you ever wondered, golf carts can't float
Loved by many!

OP, stop and read what I'm writing and stop and read it again. And just think about what I am saying. You don't even have to comment.

I move alot. I understand how difficult it is to make friends and it is a hassle to find new friends. You are in a different stage of your life. Your old friends have started their new lives and you have a different life as well. You have a friend with children and sometimes it will require you to do the kiddy things to see those friends and keep those friends because frankly their life is just different from yours. Think about your friends past or current and where your lives are right now.

People are not going to fall out of the sky to be your friend. They are not going to run to you on the sidewalk and shout they want to be BFFs. It takes time and it takes having a good attitude about everything and most of all it takes effort. You want to take a cake decortaing class and that's great. Understand that alot of the people will probably be moms or married and have different ideas of what fun is.

You are going to school, right? What is wrong with the students in your class? Right away you have something in common if you are in a class together. That is a great ice breaker to comment on a teacher or a homework assignment. What about other students not even in your class? Are there functions on campus that interest you? It could be related to your field of study or something that interest you. It might not always fit your schedule but maybe rearrange.

You are young single and looking to have fun. Right now you need to find those kind of friends as well. Don't be afraid to go out by yourself to bars or movies or dinner on a patio. It will give you confidence. If you are somewhat shy, there are some great books for introverts on how to overcome or compensate for it.

There will always be reasons why friendships don't stick in there. And maybe it's not a friendship in your mind if you can't hang out and do this that or the other. Figure out what kind of friends you are looking for right now.

My BFF lives 1100 miles away and we talk/text maybe once a month. She has children and lives the homestyle life. I'm an army wife and move and have no children. I would go to the gates of hell for her and she would with me because in the end we love each other and accept the others life for what it is.

Figure out where you are in life and what friends do you need right now to make you happy.

Love doesn't make the world go around, it makes the ride worthwhile...
Old 02-14-2013, 07:20 AM   #158
NHdisneylover
Lanyards are taking all my poor organizatioanl skills
mice and such creatures tend to like to travel aorund

Quote:

I keep asking myself that But, I keep getting suckered in

My blog about my wanderings and ramblings in Europe, Disney and where ever else life takes me:

http://hadleyswanderingsandramblings.blogspot.de/
Old 02-14-2013, 07:25 AM   #159
wishesuponastar
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHdisneylover View Post
me too! But I do have to agree that maybe this thread is helping someone else see something that can help them.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:31 AM   #160
A&M's Mommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHdisneylover

After I posted that I realized it is because you all are good people who are trying to help the OP. Unfortunately, the OP doesn't appear to want to help herself.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:07 AM   #161
Mkrop
I just cant go on demand
Hi my name is Mkop and I am a cart leaver!

Quote:

I am not sure why either...except I see she is young and keep hoping she will listen to some of us who are older and wiser and have been there done that

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemygoofy View Post
OP, stop and read what I'm writing and stop and read it again. And just think about what I am saying. You don't even have to comment.

I move alot. I understand how difficult it is to make friends and it is a hassle to find new friends. You are in a different stage of your life. Your old friends have started their new lives and you have a different life as well. You have a friend with children and sometimes it will require you to do the kiddy things to see those friends and keep those friends because frankly their life is just different from yours. Think about your friends past or current and where your lives are right now.

People are not going to fall out of the sky to be your friend. They are not going to run to you on the sidewalk and shout they want to be BFFs. It takes time and it takes having a good attitude about everything and most of all it takes effort. You want to take a cake decortaing class and that's great. Understand that alot of the people will probably be moms or married and have different ideas of what fun is.

You are going to school, right? What is wrong with the students in your class? Right away you have something in common if you are in a class together. That is a great ice breaker to comment on a teacher or a homework assignment. What about other students not even in your class? Are there functions on campus that interest you? It could be related to your field of study or something that interest you. It might not always fit your schedule but maybe rearrange.

You are young single and looking to have fun. Right now you need to find those kind of friends as well. Don't be afraid to go out by yourself to bars or movies or dinner on a patio. It will give you confidence. If you are somewhat shy, there are some great books for introverts on how to overcome or compensate for it.

There will always be reasons why friendships don't stick in there. And maybe it's not a friendship in your mind if you can't hang out and do this that or the other. Figure out what kind of friends you are looking for right now.

My BFF lives 1100 miles away and we talk/text maybe once a month. She has children and lives the homestyle life. I'm an army wife and move and have no children. I would go to the gates of hell for her and she would with me because in the end we love each other and accept the others life for what it is.

Figure out where you are in life and what friends do you need right now to make you happy.
June 2008 Contemporary
Dec 2008 Boardwalk Inn
June 2009 Disneyland Hotel and DCA
Jan 2010 DVC Boardwalk Villas
Dec 2010 DVC BLT
July-Aug 2011 Disneyland Park Vue Inn
Dec 2011 DVC BW
July 2012 DVC BC
Dec 2013 DVC AKL/BW
Aug 2014 DVC DCA
Old 02-14-2013, 08:54 AM   #162
WDSearcher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv4u859 View Post
i did read, i know what you said. I was explaining why I did it, just so you don't put me into the category of the people who do it for compliments. just saying
And your response to me started with "you don't know me, so how can you say i am selfish?"

I didn't say you were selfish. just saying.

Old 02-14-2013, 06:44 PM   #163
luv4u859
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allison View Post
I have to agree. People have really been patient and offered feedback but it's not going anywhere. Maybe the OP can let this sit for awhile and then go back and reflect on how she has interacted with people here. It would help her see why she has problems in the real world. However, I am not optomistic that will happen.
again I only intereacted with people the way I did because I felt people were digging my back in. telling me i have "issues" or that I am bipolar.

I AM NOT LIKE THIS TO PEOPLE I CARE ABOUT. I don't know how many times I have to explain myself. You all wanted me to say there was something wrong with me. I said it. What else do you want from me?
Old 02-14-2013, 06:45 PM   #164
luv4u859
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveYourLife View Post

Remember Baby Henry from Canada people!!!!
I don't know why you even posted this. I have no reason at all to lie.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:47 PM   #165
luv4u859
Mouseketeer

I would not have came here if I did not think I could have got some type of help from the people here. I do enjoy coming to these boards and getting advice, but what all of you are not understand is yes maybe all people do not have constructive criticism well and yes I am one of them. If you would have realized that and instead of digging my back in and saying its YOU, YOU, YOU, you all could have said things in a nice way. YOU think you did, but me reading it you didn't.

On that note, I am now done with this topic and these boards. Thank you to the people who have been nice about answering. Have a good life
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: