Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2014, 04:51 PM   #1
DJorJD88
Earning My Ears

A random thought on how to make the ADR system better

I was checking the Disney World dining site, trying to get an earlier BOG reservation (9:10p is a little late), and I started thinking that if they had some sort of wait list for reservations nobody would have to hunt for ADRs.

I imagine it would work something like this:

You would go on the ADR website and see that there is no availability for a restaurant you want at the time you need. You would be asked if you wanted to be wait listed for this restaurant. You can only be wait listed for 1 restaurant per meal (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner). You would submit a 1 hour time frame to be wait listed for (say 6-7pm). After you accept to be wait listed you would be given a approximate number of how many people are waiting ahead of you and you can decide whether to give up your place, and look for another ADR or wait list, or keep your place and wait for notice that there is availability for the time you selected.

Once notified that the ADR you want has become available you would have either 48 hrs (for ADR times over 3 days away) or 3 buissness hrs (for ADR times less than 3 days away) to decide if you wanted to accept or reject the ADR. If you reject, the next person on the list is notified, and if you accept the ADR is yours.

This will make sure that scoring good ADRs is not just luck of the draw closer to your reservation and it could also help Disney fill last minute cancellations.

Sorry for the long rambling but I'm curious if you guys would think this would work. Disney is attempting to create a better online network so I thought they could integrating something like this into their plans.
DJorJD88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: