Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-10-2013, 08:39 PM   #16
ellensfamily
Mouseketeer
 
ellensfamily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelin View Post
agree with this...
Once again...many try to be the "you should've done this......." Police..
Well as usual, you folks were wrong...no telephones in customs......REMEMBER?
__________________

Dream 2/24/13
ellensfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:54 PM   #17
lodge
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 842

Yeah, similar story except that Tiffany transportation was late because we couldn't communicate with them once in cutoms. They were over a half hour late.
__________________
lodge is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-10-2013, 09:00 PM   #18
shaggy430
Earning My Ears
 
shaggy430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 32

We have used Happy 6 times and have not had a problem. That being said some of their drivers text before hand and others didn't. All showed up on time and did their job. We do make a point of calling them to confirm a few hours before pickup just to confirm. But that is with everyone we hire. We also book pick ups so they aren't waiting for us.
shaggy430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:01 PM   #19
eyenerd
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 80

Although this was an unfortunate mishap, I don't know that i would call the company unreliable, since they were there on time for you. I would say they were not overly accommodating as opposed to unreliable.

We used them once last year, and they were fine, but this year when i went to firm up the ressie, they didn't have availability (despite the fact that i got a quote a few days beforehand). We tried a little company (i think it was ace transportation) and we were very happy with them and would use them again.

I don't know all the ins and outs of transportation, but I would imagine they have a few fares scheduled each day. Perhaps they were concerned that if they waited for you they would be late for another? SOrry you had a bit of a hectic and frantic return.
eyenerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:06 PM   #20
scootch
DIS Veteran
 
scootch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,528

We had a bad experience too. Rented a limo from WDW and got a flat tire. I know something that is beyond their control...but we waited for nearly an hour on the side of the road for another limo... the driver told us that the company would reimburse us. We tipped the recommended amount and the drivers split it. After vacation, I never had anything credited, so I contacted them. They gave us $25 back. I don't think I should have had to contact them and I really had expected more than $25 considering the time we had to wait for another limo to arrive. We were near the airport at the time of the flat... not sure where their headquarters are. They were just not very friendly when I asked for some reimbursement that our driver had told us the company was giving us.
__________________
~Amy~
~~WDW for ONE day in 1980(it was 105 degrees!!)
~~Nov 2004 Polynesian with my 2 princesses ages 2 1/2 and 5
~~Nov 2005 Contemporary
~~November 2006 Contemporary Making memories with my 21 year old niece with cancer
Sweet Lindsey passed March 2007
~~November 2007 WL
~~Nov 08 VWL
~~Nov 09 WDW BLT DiscoveryCove SeaWorld and DCL Wonder
~~April 2011 B2B Disney Dream
~~Nov 2011 WDW/BLT
~~Nov 2012 VWL/ Eastern Fantasy
~~ June 2013 DISNEYLAND/CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE
~~Feb 2014 Contemporary/ Disney Eastern Fantasy
~~Nov 2014 Disney Grand Floridian Villas
scootch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:10 PM   #21
MikeInThornhill
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Thornhill, On
Posts: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMOORE185 View Post
Did you try to call them when you knew you were going to be late for your 9:30 pickup? If you did and they didn't wait than I would be mad. But if you didn't try to contact them you share some of the blame.
You're right - I do share some of the blame - although you can't (shouldn't) use your phone in customs - i would have if I had thought of it. I had two small kids, about 300 pounds of luggage, and a porter talking my ear off - it never occured to me that our Happy Limo driver would just leave us high and dry. I made the mistake of assuming they would know that folks were delayed getting off the ship - there is no way I was the only one...

So even if I accept that part - they weren't flexible in anticipating or solving the problem.
MikeInThornhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:32 PM   #22
Zeppelin
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mt Kisco, NY
Posts: 1,327

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellensfamily View Post
Once again...many try to be the "you should've done this......." Police..
Well as usual, you folks were wrong...no telephones in customs......REMEMBER?
ah yes- the "know it all folks" arrive to tell people they know it all.... sorry- have found myself in a situation where i needed to send texts or make calls from customs leaving DCL and i didn't get locked up or even spoken to....
__________________
Zeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:34 PM   #23
MikeInThornhill
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Thornhill, On
Posts: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyenerd View Post
Although this was an unfortunate mishap, I don't know that i would call the company unreliable, since they were there on time for you. I would say they were not overly accommodating as opposed to unreliable.
Fair - unaccomodating may be a better word. That said, I don't think a customer should have to baby sit thier transfer service, especially when they pay two weeks in advance, and they should know better. I forgot to mention in the OP, the cab driver that took us to MCO told me that this is not an uncommon problem (although I am sure she has a bias to taxi service.)
MikeInThornhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:11 PM   #24
CMOORE185
HH 240 Points, SSR 260 Points
 
CMOORE185's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bartlett, Illinois
Posts: 1,102

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInThornhill

You're right - I do share some of the blame - although you can't (shouldn't) use your phone in customs - i would have if I had thought of it. I had two small kids, about 300 pounds of luggage, and a porter talking my ear off - it never occured to me that our Happy Limo driver would just leave us high and dry. I made the mistake of assuming they would know that folks were delayed getting off the ship - there is no way I was the only one...

So even if I accept that part - they weren't flexible in anticipating or solving the problem.
Fair enough. Did they try to contact you before they left?
__________________
CMOORE185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:21 PM   #25
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran
 
luv2sleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,765

So you pay for this 2 weeks ahead of time? If they ditch you because of an issue that was out of your control like this do they give you your $$ back?

OP I would have been really upset too.
__________________
luv2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:04 AM   #26
tinkerone
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,422

I can kind of see the companys postion on this. the cars are booked for coming and going from mco to port and back. if your pick up time was 9:30 they probably had a 'mco to port' call for 10:30. if they were late for the others we would be reading their post now. if the agreement was 9:30 should the next people have to wait? how would the company know it was a situation out of ops control? I assume not everyone was late getting off the ship, I don't know.
not saying op is wrong, I see that side to. the question is who broke the contract?
kind of 'between a rock and a hard place'.
tinkerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:33 AM   #27
quirty30
DIS Veteran
 
quirty30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chicago suburbs
Posts: 2,160

For the record, I most definitely got reprimanded in the Customs line for using my phone. Ironically enough, I was texting my Happy Limo driver to let him know we were stuck and running late. I just happen to work as a Customs Broker and I had no idea I was breaking any rules. For what its worth though, I don't think they can do anything but reprimand you. I tried to text the driver while we were still on the ship but couldn't get a signal. Our driver was very understanding and kind - he waited for us knowing that we were running late.
__________________
quirty30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:16 AM   #28
bats
Enjoying Bahama Mama's
 
bats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kent, England
Posts: 1,406

It's obviously just me, but I think the company offered what they could. The OP was late coming out, the company were there on time. When he didn't show, they left. Just how long do you think they should have stayed? They offered another car within 45 mins or a refund .. This is more than any company in the UK would offer .. I can't believe the moans about this company!! You guys don't know how lucky you are in the US for your customer service!!

Not the OPs fault he was late getting out and not his fault he couldn't phone them, but to complain after they've offered a vehicle within 45 mins or a refund has surprised me no end. The company can't just magic a car out of thin air for him .. I think 45 mins is reasonable, as is a refund. Regarding that refund, even if the man who processed them was in on a weekend, it wouldn't have cleared your account until a weekday anyway surely? What did you lose exactly by waiting for the refund?

In the UK, I would doubt a refund would have been offered as they were there on time, you weren't! You broke the contract, despite it being out of your control. Unfortunate circumstances, but I really don't see how you can complain about this company, sorry! :-)

On the subject of customs in PC .. It's been awful since the larger ships arrived as it seems the staff are at the same numbers, despite there being extra booths (empty). If ever any of you are behind me in the queue, please move ... I always get the slowest, oldest, most crankiest official who takes forever and a day to process people!!
__________________
Bats
Quality Inn International Apr 2003 - Magic Mouse Villa on Windsor Palms Apr 2006 - Hong Kong Disney Jan 2007 - Dibb villa & Disney Wonder Sept 2008 - Dibb villa for DBF's 40th Feb 2009 - Dibb villa Sept 2009 - Disneyland Paris Nov 2009 - Disneyland California Apr 2010 - Disney Magic 8 night Western Europe Jul 2010 - SSR Sept 2010 - Maiden Voyage on The Dream Jan 26th 2011 - Disney Magic Med cruise Aug 2011 - OKW Sept 2011 - AKV & Disney Dream Feb 2012 - SSR & Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Oct 2012 - Disney Magic B2B Med Aug 2013 - Disney Magic Med May 2014 - Disney Magic WBTA & our wedding Sept 2014 Disney Magic 11 night Fjords/Iceland/Orkney Isles Jun 2015
bats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:21 AM   #29
pxlbarrel
They won't allow any kind of cow though
Geez, I gotta start cleaning your rooms so I can get those treats
 
pxlbarrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Richmond Hill, ON CANADA
Posts: 2,726

Quote:
Originally Posted by bats View Post
It's obviously just me, but I think the company offered what they could. The OP was late coming out, the company were there on time. When he didn't show, they left. Just how long do you think they should have stayed? They offered another car within 45 mins or a refund .. This is more than any company in the UK would offer .. I can't believe the moans about this company!! You guys don't know how lucky you are in the US for your customer service!!

Not the OPs fault he was late getting out and not his fault he couldn't phone them, but to complain after they've offered a vehicle within 45 mins or a refund has surprised me no end. The company can't just magic a car out of thin air for him .. I think 45 mins is reasonable, as is a refund. Regarding that refund, even if the man who processed them was in on a weekend, it wouldn't have cleared your account until a weekday anyway surely? What did you lose exactly by waiting for the refund?

In the UK, I would doubt a refund would have been offered as they were there on time, you weren't! You broke the contract, despite it being out of your control. Unfortunate circumstances, but I really don't see how you can complain about this company, sorry! :-)

On the subject of customs in PC .. It's been awful since the larger ships arrived as it seems the staff are at the same numbers, despite there being extra booths (empty). If ever any of you are behind me in the queue, please move ... I always get the slowest, oldest, most crankiest official who takes forever and a day to process people!!

I think the issue is not just that the driver left and a car was offered 45 minutes later, the OP also mentioned rudeness on the part of the person on the phone. I don't know about you but if I'm in a difficult situation, an understanding, nice person on the other end of the phone can help diffuse the situation even if she/he has no way to actually solve the situation. Wasn't there, can't comment on a two sided conversation but if I was in that situation, I think I would have liked somebody nice on the phone who could have suggested a solution other than .... ok, we'll just refund your money and you're on your own. And as for waiting till Monday for a refund ... how many of us have heard something similar only to have to chase after companies to get that refund.

As for country specific customer service. I just returned from the UK and had amazing customer service from two car services. If I had been late coming out of customs at Heathrow, they would have stayed and just charged me extra for the wait time. They wouldn't have driven off and flung a finger at me. (although, I'm not sure what's worse... )
__________________
1975 WDW Fort Wilderness | 1983 Disneyland | 1992 WDW Offsite | 1996 Disneyland (DL Pacific Hotel)| 1999 Disneyland | 2000 WDW Dixie Landings | 2002 Disneyland | 2003 WDW Offsite | 2004 Disneyland | 2005 WDW Offsite | 2006 Disneyland | 2007 Tokyo Disneyland /Disney Sea / HK Disneyland (Disney's Hollywood Hotel) | 2008 Disneyland | 2008 WDW Offsite | 2009 Disneyland Paris | 2009 Disneyland | 2009 WDW Caribbean Beach Resort - DCL Disney Magic | 2011 Disneyland | 2011 Disney Magic Mediterranean | 2012 Disneyland (VGC) | 2012 ABD -Enchanted China | 2012 HK Disneyland | 2012 DCL Disney Magic NYC/Canada | 2012 WDW Boardwalk | 2013 Disneyland | 2013 Disney Magic Mediterranean Greek | 2013 Disney Dream Bahamas | 2014 Disneyland (VGC)
pxlbarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:06 AM   #30
bats
Enjoying Bahama Mama's
 
bats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kent, England
Posts: 1,406

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxlbarrel View Post
I think the issue is not just that the driver left and a car was offered 45 minutes later, the OP also mentioned rudeness on the part of the person on the phone. I don't know about you but if I'm in a difficult situation, an understanding, nice person on the other end of the phone can help diffuse the situation even if she/he has no way to actually solve the situation. Wasn't there, can't comment on a two sided conversation but if I was in that situation, I think I would have liked somebody nice on the phone who could have suggested a solution other than .... ok, we'll just refund your money and you're on your own. And as for waiting till Monday for a refund ... how many of us have heard something similar only to have to chase after companies to get that refund.

As for country specific customer service. I just returned from the UK and had amazing customer service from two car services. If I had been late coming out of customs at Heathrow, they would have stayed and just charged me extra for the wait time. They wouldn't have driven off and flung a finger at me. (although, I'm not sure what's worse... )
Yep, I would've liked a friendly person on the phone too
Glad you had good service here ... it's not the norm, especially at airports! Mind you, a private car service may be a little higher end than I'm used to!!
I'd like to think they would have waited for you at Heathrow, but I wouldn't bet my last dime on it!!
__________________
Bats
Quality Inn International Apr 2003 - Magic Mouse Villa on Windsor Palms Apr 2006 - Hong Kong Disney Jan 2007 - Dibb villa & Disney Wonder Sept 2008 - Dibb villa for DBF's 40th Feb 2009 - Dibb villa Sept 2009 - Disneyland Paris Nov 2009 - Disneyland California Apr 2010 - Disney Magic 8 night Western Europe Jul 2010 - SSR Sept 2010 - Maiden Voyage on The Dream Jan 26th 2011 - Disney Magic Med cruise Aug 2011 - OKW Sept 2011 - AKV & Disney Dream Feb 2012 - SSR & Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Oct 2012 - Disney Magic B2B Med Aug 2013 - Disney Magic Med May 2014 - Disney Magic WBTA & our wedding Sept 2014 Disney Magic 11 night Fjords/Iceland/Orkney Isles Jun 2015
bats is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.