Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2013, 01:15 PM   #31
*3*Mouseketeers
Mouseketeer

About 4 years ago my parents were visiting and I noticed the boys across the street were up to something (as usual) . The 10 year old brother threw a rope over a pear tree that was right in front of their house and tied one end around his 4 year old brother's waist. The other end he tied to the golf cart. The older brother hopped on the golf cart and pulled forward pulling his little brother up in the tree (he was at the roof line) where he grabbed a bunch of pears off. Thankfully, he backed up and let him down gently. We never knew what they would come up with to do next.

1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1987, 1991, 2001 - Offsite
2007 - Pop Century
2011 - Pop Century
2012 - ASMo
2014 - ASMu
*3*Mouseketeers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:56 PM   #32
ckay87
demented and sad...but social
This morning I had "you can't overlook your underwear" stuck in my head
Scared by a clapper in her teens

Raise your hand if you see a BOY pattern here.

(God help us all, moms of boys!)
ckay87 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2013, 02:33 PM   #33
minkydog
DIS Cast Member
hey! I've got two college degrees and a steady job. if I wanna watch mindless TV, so what?
DIS Official Rum Taster
I used to be in the all-natural camp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink20
Climb a fence in a lightning storm wearing roller skates

I did this when I was a kid, my mom brings it up ever now and then

My daughter stuck a bead in her nose, she was about 8, so old enough to know better, she also stuck my tweezers in the bathroom outlet when she was 10.
Ugh. My DD29 did this. She put any and everything up her nose. Spaghetti, cherrios, beads, playdoh,you name it. And then one day she.stuffed bacon up her nose. It just about burnt her up and that.was the last of the nose stashing.

She was also the one who swallowed safety pinS and had to go to the ER.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:38 PM   #34
indimom
Are We There Yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckay87 View Post

Strangely enough, girls seem to be born with an inherent fear/respect for the universe. Boys are NOT...

My cousins' three boys were dressing for Halloween in their bedroom. They didn't wait for her to help with the makeup. Instead, the oldest and youngest helped the middle son color his clown face..... with Sharpie!!! And not just around the eyes and mouth. Nope. Half his face was purple, the other half was green. I've got a picture of that around here somewhere....

My BFF's middle son is a real pistol. She has intervened a number of times.
Once (when he was about 5) she saw him stacking "stuff" on the park bench on their back patio (rubbermaid tubs, empty sandbox, lots of large items, he had quite a tower going). When asked what he was doing, he told her he wanted to reach the roof and climb down the chimney like Santa Clause. He's pretty much an evil genius, so if she hadn't intervened, I'm pretty sure he'd have accomplished his goal.

Same little guy (at 4) siphoned gas (figured it out by accident) out of the lawn mower gas tank with a bike pump. He somehow managed to get a decent amount of it into a watering can and used it to water her roses.

My daughter convinved my son to touch a light bulb once. Burned the skin at the tip of his finger clean off. Two weeks later, she got him to do it again.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:41 PM   #35
indimom
Are We There Yet?

For the parents of "nose stuffers" out there. Here's a really cool tip that may save a trip to the ER. I learned this when a friend's son stuffed two peas up his nose. They were somewhat smashed and impossible to remove. She's a physical therapist and saw this technique used once in the ER.

She had me hold him firmly around the chest, plugged his clear nostril, put her mouth on his mouth and blew. Peas popped right out. Score one for mom.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:59 PM   #36
ENSOCK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer2012 View Post
My middle child of five is a son - MICHAEL....and I could literally write a book about his antics over the years....One in particular stands out and is retold over and over (he is now 21/ and this happened when he was 10) - he found a baby squirrel and decided he needed to take it to school to let it go free behind the school so OUR CAT WOULD NOT EAT IT...(apparently there are no cats behind the school?) Well he managed to get it into his backpack and into the school and into his locker....the plan to free it was aborted when a teacher walking down the hall heard "odd noises" and banging coming from the locker...They had the janitor open the locker and they opened the bag and out comes this little squirrel!! The mayhem that ensued would make a great episode on a sitcom one day!! They ended up calling the fire dept/ police dept/ animal control dept and ME...YIKES - the stupid things children do.....
Moral #1 - No squirrels in school
Moral #2 - NEVER NAME A CHILD MICHAEL! EVER ----
When I got pregant for my first, my mom kept repeating that over and over!

Tina
ENSOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:29 PM   #37
ckay87
demented and sad...but social
This morning I had "you can't overlook your underwear" stuck in my head
Scared by a clapper in her teens

Quote:
Originally Posted by indimom View Post

My daughter convinved my son to touch a light bulb once. Burned the skin at the tip of his finger clean off. Two weeks later, she got him to do it again.
How exactly were women denied the vote in this country for so long?
ckay87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:06 PM   #38
minkydog
DIS Cast Member
hey! I've got two college degrees and a steady job. if I wanna watch mindless TV, so what?
DIS Official Rum Taster
I used to be in the all-natural camp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indimom View Post

Strangely enough, girls seem to be born with an inherent fear/respect for the universe. Boys are NOT...

I dunno...my DD was challenging in that respect. DS26 would say, "Can I stick my finger in the light socket?" I'd say no and he's say, "Okay" and be off about his business. DD would walk in the room and announce, "Don't put your finger in there. That snake, he bite me!" She was utterly fearless.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:10 PM   #39
njmom47
He's such a fiend!
The monkeys would go crazy on the cars
I wound up with orange tiger stripes

Haha, love these stories and glad to see there are more Michaels like my brother!

I have one of my own.
My brother and my (male) cousin were sliding down a piece of plywood in their Roughskins jeans. It looked fun. Only problem was I was wearing a dress. The splinters? Not so fun.

Junior Brody Stella Luna Ella the Bunny
Christmas 07/New Years 08-CBR (baseball), 2006-POR (cheering), 2001-Dixie Landings, 1988, 1975-Offsite
Trip was great...no new ticker for awhile!
njmom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:59 PM   #40
Pixie Dust for Me!
Anyone seen tink lately, I'm running a bit low on dust!

My brother...yes, his name is Michael...hates brussel sprouts...positively hates them! So much so that he pretended to eat them (the old put them in your mouth, wipe your mouth with a napkin and store the food there trick). He then proceeded to stuff the napkin with the brussel sprouts in my doll house! After a week or so, you can imagine what my room smelled like.

My dad, determined to find out why things smelled so bad, found the brussel sprouts in my doll house and proceeded to punish me (i.e., I got a spanking). He wouldn't listen to me...and I really like brussel sprouts.

A few days later, when I ran away to my grandparents house because my dad was being unfair and my mom wouldn't listen, my mom finally figured out why I was so ticked off. She then reminded my dad that brussel sprouts were one of my favorite veggies and that my doll house was one of my most prized possessions!

Yeah, my brother got spanked AND grounded...and I got the letter of apology that I demanded from both my dad and my brother before I agreed to come home.

I was a very precocious 6 year old -- and very stubborn too!

This is the same Michael that broke both arms trying to fly like Superman with a cape (i.e., bedsheet) off the roof of our 1 1/2 story home....the same kid that raced his go-cart into a tree...the same kid that nearly broke my eyesocket (my eye was swollen shut for nearly a week) with a rock buried in a snowball...the same kid that wondered if cats really always landed on their feet and dropped the cat out of the dining room window (and fell out with the cat too)...the kid who drag raced his camaro just after he got his license right by the police station (and then tried to convince the police chief...a good friend of the family...not to "rat him out"). Yeah...it's a wonder he's still alive (he's 51 now).

KC

We now get to hear "Welcome Home" since we are DVC members!!

Also see my DS at TheDuckStopsHere
Pixie Dust for Me! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:21 PM   #41
ImDMous
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckay87 View Post

My husband always says that he's my lucky charm because it's only by dumb luck that boys survive to adulthood.

DLR - passholders, as often as possible
WDW - 3 nights Swan May 2008; 7 nights POFQ Aug 2011
DCL - Wonder 4 night Bahamas May 2008, Fantasy 7 night Caribbean May 2012
Wonder Pixar 7 night California Coast Sept 2012, Wonder WBPC 15 night May 2014
ImDMous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:40 PM   #42
englishteacha
I've just gotten crazier over the years I've taught!

My brother (Michael!) and sister are twins. My sister was the instigator, though. From the time she could stand, she figured she could use my brother as a step stool! She'd use Mike to climb out of the playpen, or over the fence, and my brother would watch her get up to all sorts of trouble.

Wonderful trip to Universal, SeaWorld, Busch Gardens, and to see the shuttle launch: February 2011
Walt Disney World: June 2010, August 2007 (1 commando day), June 2006, June 2002
Chasing Roller Coasters: August 2007, 2005, 2004, 2002
englishteacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:17 PM   #43
mrsheppo
Mom to 11 and still partially sane
Isn't Heppo one of the Marx Brothers?

My DS (his middle name is Michael) was "coaxed" by a classmate in kindergarten to stuff a bean up his nose. I got the panicked call from the school saying I needed to take him to the ER as the school nurse could not get it out. I went down to the school and told DS that if he didn't snuff the bean out of his nose I was going to take him to the doctor and the doctor would take a foot long needle and stick it in his butt. The school nurse was amazed that all of a sudden the bean came flying out.

Also one evening I was looking for my younger DD and searched the house and could not find her. I was panicked until I heard noises coming from DS's room. There was a suitcase on the floor and he talked her into crawling in the suitcase and he zipped her up.

My youngest DD had a fixation with her hair for 2 years on Black Friday. The first year, she was at the babysitter's house and was coerced by one of her kids to give herself a haircut. When I came to pick her up that afternoon, she had no bangs and huge chunks cut out of her hair. We ended up having to get a 1/2 inch allover haircut to even it out.

The next year she was home with Dad and I came home from work. DD met me at the door and her hair was all plastered down and looked matted. I asked my DH what she did and he said he didn't know, he thought she put water on it. DD told me she sprayed her hair with the stuff in the red can. I thought she meant my hairspray but that was in a blue can. I asked her to show me the can and she showed me an empty can of Febreze air freshener that I had bought a couple of days before. She did smell very fresh though.

mrsheppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:42 PM   #44
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsheppo
The next year she was home with Dad and I came home from work. DD met me at the door and her hair was all plastered down and looked matted. I asked my DH what she did and he said he didn't know, he thought she put water on it. DD told me she sprayed her hair with the stuff in the red can. I thought she meant my hairspray but that was in a blue can. I asked her to show me the can and she showed me an empty can of Febreze air freshener that I had bought a couple of days before. She did smell very fresh though.
" She did smell very fresh though." That one made me giggle.
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Gorechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:42 PM   #45
LoserMomma
Mouseketeer

My boy is bad, but lucky. It's the girl who always ends up in crazy situations. We've had to call poison control three times on her. The first was when she licked all the ink off a picture. Just sucked it to the point where it was white paper again.

The second time she decided to use my son's topical steroid as sunscreen on her doll...the doll "died" from that one.

The third time she decided to put the sunscreen on herself and her brother. Except she used butt cream instead. Got very even coverage, but do you know how long it takes to get head to toe butt cream off of a 4 and 2 year old? Good thing we smelled it.
LoserMomma is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: