Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2013, 08:23 AM   #16
Ginny Favers
I told my husband I think they must put crack in it

I was very lucky to have two kids who both slept 12 hours a night from one month on, with hour-long naps in the morning and afternoon. When they were 15 months, they went to one nap in the early afternoon.
Ginny Favers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:05 AM   #17
mjkacmom
DIS Veteran

At 6 months, all of mine were sleeping from 8 pm - 7 am, and napping from 9 am - 11 am, 2 pm - 4:30 pm. Even now, my non-teens sleep at least 9 hours a night (more on weekends). My kids need their sleep.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2013, 10:19 AM   #18
abdmom
DIS Veteran

My first born was a boy. I was lucky if he slept 9 hours a night when he was 6 months old. He definitely did not sleep through the night. In retrospect, I probably should have been putting hime to sleep at 10 pm or later. Even as a newborn, he didn't like to sleep. He went to daycare at 6 weeks and slept for 45 minutes the first day! He did not sleep without waking up at a ridiculous hour until he was 4. Other moms I've talked to have reported the same thing with their boys. My dd was sleeping 11-12 hours a night straight through by 2 months.

DS is now 17. I "think" he goes to bed around 2 a.m. Luckily, he doesn't have to leave for school until 8:20 a.m. On the weekends we're lucky if he's up by noon. His father was a night owl as well. He didn't like to get moving until 4 pm on the weekends. But dh also had a job where he had to be at work and in surgery at 7:30 a.m. and he did quite well with that. So, with ds, as long as he gets up for school, I'm fine.
abdmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:01 PM   #19
tripletsmama
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the input. This schedule is working for us, so I'm not sure why I was worried about it. I guess the pediatrician just made me feel like he wasn't getting enough rest. He has slept through the night since 3 months and still does. My 8 year old daughters go to bed at 9pm and are up at 7 for school, so maybe DS likes his 2 hours of mommy time before he's ready for sleep.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: