Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2013, 12:32 AM   #16
calikathy4
Earning My Ears

I look at individual times as well, but have found they're not very accurate either. I've found they usually vary ten to twenty minutes plus OR minus.
calikathy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:05 AM   #17
coaches24
DIS Veteran

This weekend and next probably aren't the best ones to gauge the "slow" season. I've never been in Feb but I read on here quite a bit that Jan, Feb and most of march are slow except on holiday weekend. I have Monday off this week and next (Im a HS teacher) so I'm sure there are plenty of others who have it off as well. I would have expected this weekend and next to be fairly busy. Maybe not packed but busier than most expect this time of year.
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2013, 02:33 AM   #18
DandyDisneylandy
Earning My Ears

I too have wondered this myself. It used to be empty in October, but then I went a few years ago and the park reached capacity! However, I just went on January 29th and found it to be AMAZING. Yes, there were lots of people, but Disneyland is larger than we give it credit for. The longest line I had to wait in all day was MAYBE 15 minutes and that was only for slow loading rides like the Nemo submarines and Peter Pan because it just always has a line. Big Thunder, Small World, Splash Mountain, Mark Twain, tea cups and Tom Sawyer Island were all closed, but it didn't cause a problem at all. We literally walked right on to Indiana, Pirates and Space Mountain all twice, and this was during a ten hour operating day. The website I use to find out about crowds is http://www.isitpacked.com/live-crowd...rs/disneyland/

It provides live crowd and line updates from guests inside the park. It also has a month by month, day by day crowd predicting calendar that I have found to be highly accurate. Here is a link to this month's crowd calendar: http://www.isitpacked.com/disneyland...ctor-calendar/
DandyDisneylandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:08 AM   #19
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

Does the slow season exist anymore? Well, that depends on what your definition of the word "season" is. We have found that there are patterns of slow days. The weekdays between MLK and President's Day weekend, for instance.

We went 1/26-2/1 and never waited more than 15 minutes for any ride in 5 days in the parks until one 25 minute wait at RSR that we got in a few minutes before the park closed, so that wait didn't count against our park time.

There were wait times longer than 15 minutes (Toy Story Midway Mania, RSR), but with so much to do, we just moved on and rode something else. Even with all the closures, there were always new things for us to do each day.
ValpoCory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:03 PM   #20
vratiana
Earning My Ears

We went last Tuesday, February 5th. It was a chilly day which may have helped lower the crowd level. The parks were EMPTY. At 11:00, there was no line for RSR fast passes. We just walked up to the machines and got fast passes (return time 7pm). I have never seen that before. At 11:30, Toy Story said 45 minutes but it was clearly shorter so we got in line and it ended up being 15 minutes. That was our longest line all day. We went over to Disneyland around 12:30, and main street was shockingly sparse. Pluto was literally standing there with no one in line to see him (he was very cute about it too-throwing his hands up in the air). We waited less than 5 minutes for Pooh, most fantasyland rides, Haunted Mansion, Pirates. Peter Pan was 30 minutes I think though.
It was so nice to be there on a light day. There were plenty of tables at all restaurants, benches to sit on all over the parks, no lines for food, and tons of prime spots for the parade. Lots of rides closures, but not a problem for us since we are locals with APs.
vratiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:12 PM   #21
vratiana
Earning My Ears

We went last Tuesday, February 5th. It was a chilly day which may have helped lower the crowd level. The parks were EMPTY. At 11:00, there was no line for RSR fast passes. We just walked up to the machines and got fast passes (return time 7pm). I have never seen that before. At 11:30, Toy Story said 45 minutes but it was clearly shorter so we got in line and it ended up being 15 minutes. That was our longest line all day. We went over to Disneyland around 12:30, and main street was shockingly sparse. Pluto was literally standing there with no one in line to see him (he was very cute about it too-throwing his hands up in the air). We waited less than 5 minutes for Pooh, most fantasyland rides, Haunted Mansion, Pirates. Peter Pan was 30 minutes I think though.
It was so nice to be there on a light day. There were plenty of tables at all restaurants, benches to sit on all over the parks, no lines for food, and tons of prime spots for the parade. Lots of rides closures, but not a problem for us since we are locals with APs.
vratiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:26 PM   #22
starshine514
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vratiana View Post
We were in the parks last Monday-Tuesday as well, and we found the crowds quite manageable. On Tuesday, we got FPs, but didn't use them except for RSR. ToT and CS had very short lines (DD8 and I rode CS three times in a row - in about 45 minutes!) We got into the line for SM at about 20 minutes before close - they were diverting everyone to the FP line, and we ended up being able to ride it and sneak in a ride on Buzz before park closing.
Disneyland Trips -1983, 1986, May 2011 - Desert Inn & Suites, August 2011 - Super 8 on Katella, November 2011 - Desert Inn & Suites, December 2011 - Quality Inn on Manchester, January 2012 - Desert Inn & Suites, March 2012 - Desert Inn & Suites, May 2012 - Del Sol Inn, September 2012 - Del Sol Inn, November 2012 - Del Sol Inn, January 2013 - Ramada Maingate, February 2013 - Quality Inn on Manchester, April 2013 - Del Sol Inn, May 2013 - Hojo, August 2013 - Del Sol Inn, September 2013 - Desert Inn & Suites, November 2013 (one day trip!) - Welk Resort San Diego, September 2014 - Halloween Party! - Welk Resort San Diego
Disney World Trips - July 1988, January 2010 - Sheraton Vistana Resort, November 2010 (work trip - no family along) - Coronado Springs Resort

starshine514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:18 PM   #23
calikathy4
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the replies! I've never heard of the website isitpacked.com and really like it. Looks like today is a great day to be at Disneyland! Single digit wait times. So I guess there are still slow days. Yay. I'm going to plan a Tues or Weds visit in a couple weeks after the President's day weekend.
calikathy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:01 PM   #24
Greysword

DIS Dad #618
Fantasmic is not rainbows and unicorns; it is a full contact sport

I thought the reason for the increased crowd levels was due to Disney selling lower cost APs, which many more people bought than would normally, which causes them to visit more.

I could be wrong, but I thought that was the discussion on here several times before.
- Chris, DIS Dad #618.

Greysword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:24 PM   #25
Aspoonfullofsugar
Mouseketeer

We were there Sat, Sun, Mon, and Tues morning. Sat, Sun, and Mon were pretty full. Tues we were supposed to have Magic Morning. The lines did not even begin to move until 9:15 and then very slowly. Their photo system was down and it was holding everything up. They kept trying to match pictures to tickets even though the whole system was down. DH and I have APs but our daughter and her fiancée had three day park hoppers. My husband and I were waved through but we had to stand there and wait while the cast member kept trying the obviously down photo system. We didn't all make it into the park until after 9:30 from a line where we should have been in before 9:10.

I found out later that many schools in CA had a furlough day Monday and then Tuesday off for Lincoln's Birthday. I bet a lot of people used the four day weekend to visit the parks. I had no notion there could be a four day weekend last weekend.
Aspoonfullofsugar is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: