Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2013, 11:26 AM   #31
Eight
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by magichusky View Post
Brilliant. Just absolutely brilliant. I don't think there's a word appropriate enough to describe the extreme brilliance of that final pic w/ Mickey! I really can't believe how well you pulled off that costume- I remember seeing those running shorts in the store and wondering what in the world they'd match- Mickey Mouse apparently!

That's really awesome that your mom was able to cheer you on along Main Street- when I ran the DL 1/2 in 2008 I don't recall people being able to watch from that position, which prob turned out to be a good thing haha. I was sick in the middle of the race but was determined to finish b/c gosh darn it, I paid $100 to register and was going to get my castle shaped finisher's medal no matter what! My first name was on my bib, so for the final 8 miles that I was power walking while sick all of these obnoxious people watching from the sidelines kept screaming my name and insisting that I run faster and clapping. I was probably glaring at those poor people who just thought they were being inspirational.

I'm so sorry you lost your golden AP and had to go through such a terrifying situation! My golden AP was seriously my prized possession and I think I need to get a shadow box for it. Seriously.

Anyway, CONGRATS on finishing the Tinker Bell 1/2!!! Now you just need to find some running shorts that match the "Tinker Bell green" on that shirt! I'm off to your WDW TR now!
Thank you! I'm glad you liked that picture, because I was so determined to get it. I felt kind of silly when I was waiting around though because I was in a costume. I just hope people noticed the bib and the medal! I remember seeing those shorts in stores too, but I had no need for them when I saw them. And then when I decided to be BVS Mickey Mouse, I had a hard time finding brown running shorts!

Ooh, that must have been frustrating. I liked having people cheer me on, but then, I wasn't sick at all. I feel like people at the Tinker Bell would cheer you on by name more though than at the Princess. I don't know why.

You should! I don't know what I'll do with mine when it expires. Cry, maybe?

Thank you!! I have no idea what would match, but I do need some!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Great pics!
Thank you!
Eight is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: