Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2013, 01:08 PM   #1
Jonjo
Mouseketeer

Pre-Pay Euro Travel Exhange Cards

I've started to look into taking a Pre-pay Travel Exchange Euro card on our next trip to pay for meals in the parks and take out cash at the ATMs.

Just going a quick search this afteroon I've found so many available. Can anyone recommend a good one?

The best I've found so far is one issued by ICE, the ICE Euro Travellers Cashcard. This one does not appear to have any fees with a good exchange rate at 1.504. Plus it has a 1% cashback scheme as well.
Jonjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:17 PM   #2
MickeysFavouriteGirl
DIS Veteran

I've been considering one of these too, I'm just concerned if there was a problem with accessing it whilst abroad.

Sent from my DISBoards app

MickeysFavouriteGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2013, 04:50 AM   #3
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

I've not used one myself but I know there's been a few threads over on UK Trip Planning if that's any help.

What I have picked up is that if you have anything refunded on the card then it takes an age to come through, probably not until after you're back home - unlikely you will have any refunds on holiday, I know, but thought I'd point it out.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:34 AM   #4
ttck4eva
Earning My Ears

I used the post office one when we went dlp in jan. no fees and worked great .
ttck4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:54 AM   #5
Lisa_C
Devoted FIANCÉE to Cap'njack.

I use the post office one - no fees as long as you are using the currency you originally loaded I think the refund problem applies to ALL debit cards, the French banking system isn't like ours. Your money sits in limbo for about 10 days before it shows up again. My friend (who luckily has money to throw away) had to get a refund of over 300¬ and rebuy the items again to use the hotel delivery service. Showed up almost two weeks later on a normal debit card! I'd have been stuffed as I only load about 500 max on a prepay!

loving me a Pirate
Lisa_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:17 AM   #6
Jonjo
Mouseketeer

Thanks for all the replies, I'll look into the one from the Post Office further.
My major worry is what happens if the company goes bust - have you have lost all your money?

DW wants do what we normaly do and register our debit card at check-in and charge everything to our room bill, and take some Euros for pocket money. That way we will only have one transaction charge from our bank then when we check out.

I'm still as confused as ever.
Jonjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:35 PM   #7
Jazzy B Bunny
Mouseketeer

I was looking at this, but have decided to charge everything to our room and take some euros as well. There's too many 'what ifs'
Old 02-11-2013, 02:52 PM   #8
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonjo View Post
My major worry is what happens if the company goes bust - have you have lost all your money?
That would be my concern too. I think for the moment I'll stick with fee free credit cards - the downside to these is that you're taking a gamble on what the exchange rate will be whereas with travel cards you can work the rate to your advantage and load it when it's good.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: