Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2013, 10:46 PM   #31
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goeva View Post
Do they not allow to combine the discount in NJ?
The pharmacy program isn't valid in NJ & couple other states.
I work in Philly. I wonder if I can get them filled there?
Probably not. I'm guessing it's based on the home address.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:27 PM   #32
Cgracia30
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone I work for Target. The target debit does require a "history" of purchases. As you "build" up your history, the amount of your purchases will increase.
For example, when you first sign up, the amount you can purchase is low usually around 100.00 or so.
Remember, the debit card is linked to your checking account. Target wants to establish a history with you before you can debit large amounts.
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2013, 11:31 PM   #33
Cgracia30
Earning My Ears

Any target team members out there????
Remember, if there are any target team members out there... You get your 10% target team member discount plus another 5% off if you use your target debit card or target visa.
I'm buying disney gift cards and getting them for 15% off..
Old 02-10-2013, 11:32 PM   #34
goeva
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruadisneyfan2

The pharmacy program isn't valid in NJ & couple other states.
I work in Philly. I wonder if I can get them filled there?
Probably not. I'm guessing it's based on the home address.
On the bright side. 5% is a good saving, too.

MeDH DD DS
goeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:01 AM   #35
heymundy
Earning My Ears

One of my close friends works at Target and has a Red Card, so for our last Disneyland trip we got about 24 ($50) gift cards, and everything worked out great! Our party of four was able to save about $180 this way!

Paradise Palms ~ Walt Disney World Family Vacation ~ 06.01.2013
Disney Fantasy ~ 7-Night Western Caribbean Halloween Cruise ~ 10.26.2013
heymundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:10 AM   #36
violetmonarch
Mouseketeer

FWIW: I have the Target Red Card as well, but I use coupons for the weekly ads that offer Target gift cards for the purchases, then save them and buy Disney cards with them...saving the coupon amount and the 5%! I got $400 worth free this way. Works for me.

Disney Magic Western Caribbean 2013
violetmonarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:08 AM   #37
neg58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetmonarch View Post
FWIW: I have the Target Red Card as well, but I use coupons for the weekly ads that offer Target gift cards for the purchases, then save them and buy Disney cards with them...saving the coupon amount and the 5%! I got $400 worth free this way. Works for me.
You do not get the 5% off if you pay with a Target gift card, since you're not charging that amount. You also don't get the 5% off of the item that comes with a gift card for the amount of the gift card. For example, I bought 4 x $50 gift cards with the $10 gift card offer from Target. My cost with the 5% discount would have been $190, but it was actually $192 because of the 4 x $10 cards I received as a bonus, so no 5% off the $40, or $2.

I love Target, I really do, but I hate the Target credit policies. I applied for my Target card just after I'd moved and gotten a new job (new address, new job, high balances on other cards are all negatives for credit). Target set my credit limit at $1000, which was fair and was all I needed at the time. Also, there wasn't a Target close to my new home so I rarely went. Now I've moved again, and when I asked Target to up my credit limit they said no. Not because I don't have excellent credit, but because they don't take requests from the cardholder to increase the limit! Ever. The guy told me that if they think I need a higher limit, they will increase it but I can't ask. And, by the way he said, you don't come close to the limit very often so you don't need a higher limit. Wrong, I said. I don't come close to the limit because that's a negative on your credit score so I like to stay below 30% of the limit. I also pay it off every month so they aren't making any money on me. When I wanted 2 iPads this Christmas, I had to buy one, go home, wait 2 days for the charge to post, pay it online, wait one day for the payment to process and go buy the second one. I'm only going to do that for really good deals.

I would think that the debit card limits are set in the same way, and it will take a long time for the Target credit people to decide you need a bigger credit limit.

I've worked in consumer credit for years, and Target's policy is the worst I've ever seen. But I'll take the stinking 5%.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:32 AM   #38
rbadger
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarsh View Post
There are two different red cards... A credit card on and a debit card one... The debit card one requires a check
Do you get the 5% off by using either for the GC purchase? Seems like the credit card would be the way to go without needing to "build" a credit history. We're leaving for Disney on Friday and was wondering if I could get the CC and save a few $'s on some gift cards before we left.
rbadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:44 AM   #39
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise

I had intended to buy Gift Cards at Target and use them to pay for our Annual Passes. However, when I called WDW to check to see if I could do this, they said that they could only accept 2 forms of payment and since the Gift Cards are $50, it means one Gift Card and then a credit card for the balance.

However, the woman on the phone suggested that I take the Gift Cards to a Disney Store and purchase a larger Gift Card and then use that card.

Anybody else have any experience with this?

disney1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:50 AM   #40
DisneyCrazMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbadger

Do you get the 5% off by using either for the GC purchase? Seems like the credit card would be the way to go without needing to "build" a credit history. We're leaving for Disney on Friday and was wondering if I could get the CC and save a few $'s on some gift cards before we left.
I know they will issue a temp ( piece of paper) for the debit card not sure about the credit card.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 02-11-2013, 08:56 AM   #41
scrapbookmomma74
We love DCL!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetmonarch View Post
I do this, too! I don't care that I don't get my 5% off...those gift cards were FREE with purchasing stuff I would buy anyway!
Who doesn't love FREE money???
A lifetime of memories at the "World"! 1974, 1975, 1983, 1993, 1995, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, DCL Magic 2010, DCL Magic 2011, DCL Dream 2011, DCL Magic 2012, DCL Fantasy 2012, DCL Dream 2012, DVC Member Cruise Dream 2013, DL Resort Summer 2013, DCL Fantasy 2013, DCL Magic 2014
[/url][url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
scrapbookmomma74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:04 AM   #42
neg58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbadger View Post
If you don't yet have a card, you can probably save 10% because when you open a new account, you get 10% off the first day.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:07 AM   #43
jmarsh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by neg58

If you don't yet have a card, you can probably save 10% because when you open a new account, you get 10% off the first day.

Nancy
I forgot about this. I may have to open a debit red card with my other checking account so I can save the 10% off the gift cards when I buy them for my May trip... That would be a great savings
Old 02-11-2013, 09:09 AM   #44
mom2jcg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by neg58

Nancy
I opened mine Friday and did not get 10% off. Maybe that is a special they run occasionally?
mom2jcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:19 AM   #45
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2jcg View Post
I opened mine Friday and did not get 10% off. Maybe that is a special they run occasionally?
I also never received a 10% off after I received mine in November - nor did my friend who applied on Black Friday in the store

Heather
WDW: 11/2008 (MVMCP), 9-10/2009 (MNSSHP, F&W, Pirates Pal Cruise & Pirates League), 4/2010 (Flower & Garden Festival & Jedi Training), 10/2010 (MNSSHP & F&W), 6/2011 (SWW & Universal Studios), 11/2011 Girls Trip (MVMCP & Osborne Lights), 6/2012 and 11/2012 (Osborne Lights), and WDW/MNSSHP 10/2013.
DCL (Gold!): 6/2012 (KSC & Dream), 8/2012 Dream, 12/2012 Fantasy (Mom & I), 6/2013 Wonder(Alaska!), 9/2013 Dream (girls cruise) & 12/2013 Dream (girls cruise), 1/2014 Magic, & 4/2014 Fantasy Next: 9/2014 (Dream for my Mom), 4/2015 Wonder & 6/2015 (Magic-Europe)
IBelieveInTheMagic is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: