Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2013, 07:41 AM   #16
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by over50visits View Post
I read a lot of good reviews if romeinlimo. Are they expensive? Adv by Dis quoted $3200 PP for the med cruise thus summer!
Someone on our Cruise Critic roll call arranged for multiple vehicles in several ports with Rome In Limo, and we toured with them in Naples and Civitavecchia. (We toured Orvieto and Civita rather than Rome from Civitavecchia.). Our cost averaged about 100 euros per person, plus admission costs. We were very pleased with Rome In Limo and would definitely recommend them. You can see what they offer here: http://www.romeinlimo.com/
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:20 AM   #17
msec
Earning My Ears

We also hired a private driver for our tour of Naples. One town he suggested making a stop at was Ravello - what a stunning place - the view of the ocean was breathtaking!! I did not have it on my list of places to see that day - but what a jewel is was! We were able to incorporate this into the rest of our day - this was the last stop before heading to Pompeii.

We drove down the coast in the morning stopping to see all the coastal towns and then headed up into the mountains to see Ravello and then continued through the mountains to Pompeii. It was great to see the mountains as well. We hired a private tour guide in Pompeii - worth every penny!. It was a long day but it was by far my favorite day!!

So if you can fit in a stop at Ravello - I highly recommend it!!
msec is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-12-2013, 06:56 PM   #18
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvet View Post
You realy can't compare ABD with a tour company ad Romeinlimo or whatever tourcompany.
Not to say that you won't be gappy with Roneinlimo but comparing the both is like comparing apples and pears.
You may not get the exact same thing but $3200pp for my family of 4 would cost almost $13K for excursions!
I don't know what they could possibly do for my family to make me feel I'm getting a good value for my money. Well, unless Mickey wants to hold hands and skip through the streets of Rome. Even then, I'm not sure.

For ~2200E with Rome In Limo we can go where we want, linger longer at some places we love, cut short places we're not so fond of. We don't have to wait for 30 other people to get gelato, use the bathroom, etc. before moving on. I don't see the magic in that.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: