Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2013, 08:48 PM   #91
nvrenuf
Earning My Ears

Soarin - way over rated for the wait
Toy story Mania - again, way over rated for the wait
Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party - for the money, weak food selection and poor view
Tikki Room - annoying
1/2 of Epcot - I like the countries and Mission Space but usually bypass most of the rest
Most of Animal Kingdom - just not that interesting to me

nvrenuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:58 PM   #92
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=blessedby3;47467764]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkacmom View Post
Have you tried those turkey legs? I thought they were gross, too, until I tried one!
QUOTE]

No, never tried one. I cant get past that slimy look they have to them. When I see people eating them, with meat dripping/hanging everywhere
There are certain things that I will never try...and this is one of them
If you haven't tried them - you really don't know. I never have seen one that is *slimey, dripping, or meat hanging everywhere*. Little exaggeration maybe? My dh & I enjoy sharing one, but not the kind of your description. They're not for everyone, just as any of the other snacks aren't. That's why we have so many choices.

We smoke our Thanksgiving turkeys every year, as that's the way we prefer them.
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2013, 09:03 PM   #93
Bee2u
ImJustBeeNme

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConnFan View Post
The butterfinger cupcake at Starring Rolls. I anxiously awaited my opportunity to try it and was sorely disappointed. I'm a sweet-dessert kind of girl, but this was way too sweet for me. It was also impossible to eat because the chocolate "cap" on the frosting was so hard. We couldn't bite it because it was too big and we couldn't cut it with the plasticware. So sad
This. And Fantasmic - my kids and I both thought it was interesting once, but have no urge to go back. And Duffy. Yes, I know the story, but I'm not impressed. And Downtown Disney was ok for wasting an evening when we arrived and didn't have park tickets, but we would have been just as happy hanging out at the hotel. Most of Animal Kingdom, and Hollywood studios.

My WDW trips: July 1972; Summer 1980; Our Honeymoon - June 28th - July 2, 1986; Summer 1999; March 2000 (kids sang @ Magical Music Days); Our 25th Anniv. celebration - June 24 - 28th, 2011 WL; Nov. 20 - 24, 2012 POR; Jan. 2 - 5, 2013 WL (My first Solo trip); Jan. 26 - 29, 2013 WL; birthday trip: Apr. 5 - 8, 2013 BC; June 3 - 8 2013 WL; First trip to DLR July 5 - 7, 2013; Sept. 19 - 22, 2013 WL; Nov. 23 - 29, 2013 POR; Dec. 6 - 9, 2013 CS; Feb. 1 - 3, 2014 Poly; Mar. 8 - 12, 2014, AoA; Apr. 3 - 7, 2014 POR; June 3 - 10, 2014 POR, WL
Bee2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:07 PM   #94
huhwhat
Mouseketeer

waffle sandwiches.....what is that strange cream cheese type sauce...yuck...

BTW what is a zebra dome?
PoP 2010,2011,2011
WDL 2008
huhwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:11 PM   #95
hgeisler
DIS Veteran

I most certainly will get flamed for this.....
The Poly,stayed there and had a really bad check-in experience,and a really dark and dirty room with a bad theme park view. I know a lot of people love it,but not me.
California Grill had great service,but mediocre food Just not worthy of my signature dining credits.

Ok...got my fire extinguisher ready
hgeisler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:13 PM   #96
Here4mydisneyfix
Andrew Sutton, you genious man, you! She will remember the Rose forever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikaluvsdisney View Post
I think Dole Whip is special - you can only get vanilla and chocolate soft serve around here. I think its unique in its flavor. I don't think its a MUST DO. But I think you have a to try it at least once - if you like pineapple
Although we LOVE dole whips, and get them every single time we visit because they are the MOST yummy and magical at Disney, we HAVE actually found a place you can get them outside of Disney! Ever heard of Menchie's Frozen Yogurt? They do carry a Dole pineapple variety from time to time and it IS definitely exactly the same as a dole whip! We love, love LOVE it! I totally dig it with fresh pineapple chunks, coconut and those yummy chewy mochi things on it!
Old 02-10-2013, 09:17 PM   #97
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhwhat
waffle sandwiches.....what is that strange cream cheese type sauce...yuck...

BTW what is a zebra dome?
If you google Zebra Dome picture, quite a few pictures will come up. It is a dessert served at Boma and can also be purchased at Mara. It's like a chocolate covered dome of mousse. My DDs and I didn't really like them but they have a HUGE number of fans!
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Itinkso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:21 PM   #98
kerri0616
DIS Veteran

Deep breath...I don't get most of the results of BBB. I just think little girls look strange with makeup and hair pulled into a tight, uncomfortable bun. Princess dresses are adorable, but getting totally "dolled up" just seems weird.

Flame suit on.

Almost forgot...50's Prime Time. To be honest, we've never eaten there...we are afraid! I don't think my meek family would be able to enjoy their meal if faced with even the slightest possibility of being force fed or having to stand in the corner. I think my husband would tell someone to *bleep* off and we'd have to leave. Too bad...the decor actually looks like the kitchen his mom used to have! They should have a non-harassment section for weenies like us!!!!

Last edited by kerri0616; 02-10-2013 at 09:55 PM.
kerri0616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:23 PM   #99
keeks
Earning My Ears

so glad to see other people mention Fantasmic. I thought I was the only one who did not like it. Completely overrated and not worth the wait, or the crowds.
keeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:27 PM   #100
Turn the Page
DIS Veteran

BBB is new since I have been there last. I browsed their website a bit and the pictures just disturb me a bit. It reminds of of kiddie beauty pageants which creep me out to no end. I am a little worried DD will want to go there during our visit in April. That will be a big fat NO!!!! It's not as if Disney World doesn't have enough stuff to keep her occupied anyway.
Turn the Page is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:30 PM   #101
POLYFAN4LIFE
I'm only slightly addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgeisler View Post
I most certainly will get flamed for this.....
The Poly,stayed there and had a really bad check-in experience,and a really dark and dirty room with a bad theme park view. I know a lot of people love it,but not me.
California Grill had great service,but mediocre food Just not worthy of my signature dining credits.

Ok...got my fire extinguisher ready
No one should "flame" you for your opinion. BTW, there is no such thing as a bad theme park view...they are called "lagoon view", (theme park view with an obstruction). And I would only hope to get one of those rooms on my next trip!

1989 offsite..Honeymoon, 1994 Dixie Landings, 1996 CBR, 2001 CBR, 2006 CBR, 2007 BWI, 2009 POLY, 2010 POLY, 2011 POLY

POLYFAN4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:32 PM   #102
Mom2six
DIS Veteran

50's Prime Time Cafe or Whispering Canyon

I don't get the appeal of these places and the interactions with the servers.
Mom2six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:59 PM   #103
Luvin*Livvy
Mouseketeer

BBB......I cringe and get an instant headache (the hair looks so uncomfortable) when I see the finished products......I am so sorry, but I don't get it..and I have 2 little girls who LOVE all things princesses...and my youngest begs me to do it...I refuse to let her! Bad Mom....maybe, but they look soooo much cuter and more comfortable after doing the Pirate League Empress package IMHO!

Animal Kingdom...we haven't been in our last 3 trips. We only like the water ride and the safari. I guess b/c we have 2 smaller zoos near us and a large one about an hour away?? Maybe we should give it another try.

Not a fan of any "regular" buffet dinners. Regular food...like Chef Mickey, 1900, etc...we've eaten at a few and they weren't very good.

Mommy to Olivia (7) & Ava(4)*~*~

Our 2012 Trip Videohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTqhCZ9Y8Ds For mobile devices you can watch here: https://vimeo.com/59347155
Luvin*Livvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:01 PM   #104
Luvin*Livvy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2six View Post
50's Prime Time Cafe or Whispering Canyon

I don't get the appeal of these places and the interactions with the servers.
I LOVE the food at Whispering Canyon! Haven't had a bad meal there and have eaten there many times! They waitstaff has def toned it down in the past few years..from the first time we went years ago. I remember being appalled the first time..but still went back b/c of the food!!!

Mommy to Olivia (7) & Ava(4)*~*~

Our 2012 Trip Videohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTqhCZ9Y8Ds For mobile devices you can watch here: https://vimeo.com/59347155
Luvin*Livvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:30 PM   #105
AllieBoo
It's the truth, its actual....everything is satisfactual

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerri0616 View Post
Deep breath...I don't get most of the results of BBB. I just think little girls look strange with makeup and hair pulled into a tight, uncomfortable bun. Princess dresses are adorable, but getting totally "dolled up" just seems weird.

Flame suit on.
I totally agree with you on this one!

June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside - Royal Room!
June 2011 - Port Orleans French Quarter
May 2010 - Coronado Springs
June 2008 Port Orleans French Quarter
May 2007 Coronado Springs
June 2004 Ft. Wilderness Campground
June 2003 Polynesian
May 1986 Offsite
May 1979 Offsite
AllieBoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: