Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2013, 01:07 PM   #706
bartleby1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaelalala View Post
I saw it this year, I believe it was sometime in March? And the Belle was just....really, really bad. Gaston was pretty good as were the ensemble members, but Belle looked and sounded waaaay off. I was sad, too, since I had heard so many great things about it!
So upset to hear this! We haven't been to disney in a few years but I always loved this show! Hopefully they'll replace Belle before we go in August, LOL!
bartleby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:32 AM   #707
Nakkira
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynt View Post
Pin Trading

You purchase a pin trading package or get used pins off EBAY, etc to trade w/ CM. So you start with say 10 pins and end w/ 10 different pins. Then you purchase more pins to trade them. Why not just purchase the pins you want? No trading required.
Because you can often get those pins for FAR cheaper in the packages or Ebay purchases. So you may end up paying less that $30 for those 10 pins instead of $90.

Then (if you Like that sort of thing) it turns into a fun "scavenger hunt" to find pins you like better and trade for them. Some people find quests fun!

But if you have the money and would just want to get what you want and be done with it, without "playing" then just purchasing them makes more sense.

Oct 2013 - 5 days (offsite hotel)
Feb 2009 -3 days (offsite hotel)
Oct 2004 - Week (Caribbean Beach Resort)
Feb 1998 - Week (offsite hotel)
Fall 1993 - Week (offsite hotel)
Nakkira is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-24-2013, 11:44 AM   #708
shyjade
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisGirl819 View Post
DHS, overall, it is not a park we go to often We've been once in four trips and were underwhelmed by things to do there. We are trying it again this time if we can somehow snag TSM FPs.
Agreed! After several trips of skipping this park, we've decided to give it another try in October, mostly because we want to try TSM & Star Wars.

Boma - nearly had to sell my soul to get a ressie there and was extremely underwhelmed.

Dole Whips - I, too, don't get what the big deal is?!
Old 05-24-2013, 11:49 AM   #709
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyjade View Post

Agreed! After several trips of skipping this park, we've decided to give it another try in October, mostly because we want to try TSM & Star Wars.

Boma - nearly had to sell my soul to get a ressie there and was extremely underwhelmed.

Dole Whips - I, too, don't get what the big deal is?!
I actually really was surprised and enjoyed The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow if you haven't seen it before.
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

Sep/Oct 2014 Post trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3337960

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:32 PM   #710
Dallas_Lady
I only work for the vacation money

Getting character autographs. I don't get why this is such a big deal.
Dallas_Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:45 PM   #711
rt2dz
DIS Veteran

There are some things that aren't my cup of tea (lines for Dumbo), but what I truly can't stand that others rave about:
  • Dole Whips. Disgusting!
  • Crystal Palace is plain AWFUL! The food is meh and service is beyond bad. They make bad look great. In general, I can't really say any of the food at Disney is fantastic in general, just is good for theme-park food. I can get much better food at home for a third of the cost. And more authentic, too!
  • Dining Plans are a waste of money--even if free-- (and resorts are quickly catching up to just not being worth it for what Disney charges).
  • Finding Nemo! I hated it. My whole family hated it.
  • Rope Drop. I'd rather do less and enjoy it than be sleep deprived.
  • Also disliked, princesses every flipping place! UGH!
Old 05-24-2013, 03:08 PM   #712
JayCeeDoubleU
Earning My Ears

The Grand Floridian is definitely our biggest let down. Not to say that it was BAD...just not what everyone had said. When we ventured to Disney about 4 years ago with the little siblings after always staying at the Boardwalk or Animal Kingdom, we knew with two little ones we needed to stay we needed to stay on the monorail given the multiple strollers, frequent trips back to the hotel, ect;

At the time my little sister was 2 and all her friends parents just raved about TGF. However, we were kinda late in the game and the rooms we booked for our dates. We ended up staying at the Polynesian and had an absolute blast! I think it helped that the 2 year olds favorite movie was Lilo and Stitch at the time.

We go to Disney about 8-10 times a year (we're passport holders) and so we got really comfortable with the Polynesian and really didn't have any desire to stay anywhere else. Then about a year ago we went with some family friends whose DD only wanted to stay at TGF. The room was okay, the concierge benefits were good, but we definitely missed the kid friendliness of the Polynesian! Walking through the lobby with then 1, 3, and and two 5 year olds we were constantly worried they were being too loud or going to break something haha. To make matters worse (and kind of funnier) my 5 year old sister would cry every time we would pass the Polynesian on the monorail and inform everyone in our monorail that TGF was "just ghetto" and that she just wanted to stay at her "Disney Home!"

Overall there really was nothing particularly "bad" about TGF, just not our cup of tea and definitely not what people had made it out to be.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:11 PM   #713
JayCeeDoubleU
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt2dz View Post
There are some things that aren't my cup of tea (lines for Dumbo), but what I truly can't stand that others rave about:
  • Dole Whips. Disgusting!
  • Crystal Palace is plain AWFUL! The food is meh and service is beyond bad. They make bad look great. In general, I can't really say any of the food at Disney is fantastic in general, just is good for theme-park food. I can get much better food at home for a third of the cost. And more authentic, too!
  • Dining Plans are a waste of money--even if free-- (and resorts are quickly catching up to just not being worth it for what Disney charges).
  • Finding Nemo! I hated it. My whole family hated it.
  • Rope Drop. I'd rather do less and enjoy it than be sleep deprived.
  • Also disliked, princesses every flipping place! UGH!
Totally agree with Crystal Palace! We ate there late one night before leaving on our Disney Cruise the next morning about a year ago and my stepdad and brother both ate shrimp salad on the buffet and spent 3 days on the cruise SO sick. Of course we can't be 100% sure that is what made them sick, but none of us have wanted to risk it since. Not to mention I'm pretty sure they both get queasy every time we pass it haha.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:34 PM   #714
Vlucas2
Earning My Ears

Space Mountain

Maybe I'm too old now but I came off of Space Mountain
feeling that I had been in a fight...and lost. I am all for gutting it and updating that ride.

Previous trips:
December 1986: Contemporary Resort || November 1990: Caribbean Beach Resort || October 2011: Disneyland!
October 2012: All-Star Movies || May 2013: Port Orleans Riverside|| April 2014: Disneyland|| September 2014: Disney Cruise
Vlucas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:39 PM   #715
Sphinx610
DIS Veteran

Ok bracing for e flames on this one... I think Jungle Cruise is the corniest thing ever. How people love it is totally lost on me...
Old 05-24-2013, 05:05 PM   #716
Sphinx610
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammons70 View Post
For all of you hating on Duffy, I hope that you read his book first. The premise of Duffy if you buy one is to take photographs of him everywhere you visit ( like a travel gnome or Flat Stanley). That is what Mickey did in the book. Minnie made the bear for Mickey, and he took pictures of the bear for her on his voyage.
Oooooohhh I didn't even know there WAS a book! Hahaha thanks for the info! I have to check it out... Might even get one for my kids to take pics with if they like it... I like that idea
Old 05-24-2013, 07:54 PM   #717
mm522
Mouseketeer

Illuminations....a few parts of it are exciting but most of it is very boring. I don't understand why people rave about it.
mm522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:01 PM   #718
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx610 View Post
Ok bracing for e flames on this one... I think Jungle Cruise is the corniest thing ever. How people love it is totally lost on me...
I assume that's at least part of the reason why people like it.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:48 PM   #719
Sphinx610
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fla4fun View Post
Interactive queues.

Maybe I'm spoiled because I usually travel during slower times of the year and I have an AP, so lines aren't something I wait in anyway, but when I go to an attraction, I don't want to be forced to play a game (Soarin) or try to get around people playing games to get inside. I just want the shortest most direct path from outside attraction to inside attraction - I don't need the extra distractions.
I hear you, but it's so much easier to occupy the kids during long lines when you have something to look at. Like the LM cue- we went during soft opening so our wait was about 40 mins. It was nice to have the kids look at all the stuff and check for hidden mickeys, play the little match game with the crab...
Old 05-24-2013, 10:02 PM   #720
Sphinx610
DIS Veteran

Never mind... Sorry others answered this already ... Ignore!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: