Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2013, 02:48 AM   #691
snowweisz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaelalala View Post
I have a few...keep in mind I love almost everything else about the parks, but these are just a few I could think of:
- Rock n Roller Coaster. I do like this ride, but by no means do I think it is the best in the park. I much prefer ToT. It's fun, but super short and I wouldn't want to wait more than about 30 minutes for it at most.
- Lights Motor Action is literally a huge waste of time and space. I'm not sure if this counts because I don't hear many people "rave" about it, but it's not a favorite by any stretch.
- Beauty and the Beast on stage. Everyone I know raved about this show and said that I as a theatre person simply HAD to go see it. Well, I did.....and I was so appalled by Belle's singing voice I nearly walked out. I've seen it one time and it was enough for me.
- new Test Track. I was really let down when I went on the new one. The design-your-car process takes too long and usually doesn't work anyway, and it just feels like I'm on a ride version of TRON. It was fine before, why mess with it?
- Pin trading. I tried, I really, really tried to understand. But I just don't get the appeal! This also goes for....
- Vinylmations. I don't get it. I don't know if I could make myself buy something not knowing what it was until I've already spent money on it. I also don't like buying things that just "sit around" and I feel like that's what my vinylmations would do if I had them.
- Duffy Bear - I don't?????? understand???????????? who are you???????

lol this turned into me just listing things I don't understand
of course, all the best to you if you enjoy any of these things. maybe I'm the crazy one for not doing so
Kaela, you havent even seen TRON sis.

Anyway, IA about pin trading and vinylmations. I mean, all the more power to Disney because God knows they are laughing all the way to the bank, profiting from markets that are making in toooons of money and that were previously untapped.
But I swear, I'd much prefer to see more POP! vinyl figures than all those vinylmations. And don't get me started on the fact that the HUGE FRONT AND CENTER SORCERER MICKEY HAT on DHS is a pin trading place. I mean, seriously? No gracias.

Okay I also don't get the hype of Toy Story Mania. I loved it, it was so so much fun and it's beautiful and I bet kids adore it. But I don't know why people would do 90 minute waits on that. I just would never ever.

Illuminations.
Look, I'm all for unity and learning and accepting all our cultures and all that Epcot talk. But omg, half the time I was just looking at Wishes in the back! It's just so cheesy and that part where they sing in the middle of it is so annoying to me. I can't.

Finally... I was so disappointed by the Grand Marnier Orange Slush. I was hoping, I don't know for something super refreshing and delicious. It had way too much Grand Marnier so it felt warm going down my throat and I wanted it to be so refreshing and citric and I was just sad. I ended up throwing it away. And it was almost $10! Never again.
snowweisz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:01 AM   #692
fancifull
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowweisz View Post
Finally... I was so disappointed by the Grand Marnier Orange Slush. I was hoping, I don't know for something super refreshing and delicious. It had way too much Grand Marnier so it felt warm going down my throat and I wanted it to be so refreshing and citric and I was just sad. I ended up throwing it away. And it was almost $10! Never again.
What about the lemon? I never knew exactly what it was so I cannot be more specific oop
Pre-trip Report (completed) We Couldn't Think of a Name

First Time in Disney: April 20, 2013
fancifull is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-20-2013, 03:04 AM   #693
snowweisz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancifull View Post
What about the lemon? I never knew exactly what it was so I cannot be more specific oop
The Grey Goose Citron Lemonade was so good that I am still pressed I gave it to you
brb crying
Old 05-20-2013, 03:07 AM   #694
fancifull
Mouseketeer

Quote:
The Grey Goose Citron Lemonade was so good that I am still pressed I gave it to you
brb crying
Ugh it was so good. I could go for one right now. Let's go back
Pre-trip Report (completed) We Couldn't Think of a Name

First Time in Disney: April 20, 2013
fancifull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:18 AM   #695
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
- Beauty and the Beast on stage. Everyone I know raved about this show and said that I as a theatre person simply HAD to go see it. Well, I did.....and I was so appalled by Belle's singing voice I nearly walked out. I've seen it one time and it was enough for me.
I'm intrigued to know when you saw it since this used to be my absolute favourite show at the whole of WDW. However, we went last August and there was a 'new' Belle. She was absolutely terrible and I was so disappointed. This show never used to fail to reduce me to tears but last year it just left me cold.

My 'don't get it' is Captain EO. DH and I went to see this during EMH one night. All I could think was that's 45 minutes of my life I'm never getting back. Everybody around us was clapping and cheering. If we hadn't been sat in the middle of a row, I think we would both have left.
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:20 AM   #696
kaelalala
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post

I'm intrigued to know when you saw it since this used to be my absolute favourite show at the whole of WDW. However, we went last August and there was a 'new' Belle. She was absolutely terrible and I was so disappointed. This show never used to fail to reduce me to tears but last year it just left me cold.
I saw it this year, I believe it was sometime in March? And the Belle was just....really, really bad. Gaston was pretty good as were the ensemble members, but Belle looked and sounded waaaay off. I was sad, too, since I had heard so many great things about it!
follow me on twitter and instagram!
~ all opinions posted on this site are mine and not those of the walt disney company! ~
kaelalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:21 AM   #697
wilma-bride

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
You need to try the lemon
Old 05-20-2013, 03:36 AM   #698
snowweisz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
You need to try the lemon
I diiid!
That was the worst part omg, that I knew what I was missing when I chose to keep the orange one and give my friend Sarah (fancifull) the lemon one!

Next time, I'm getting the lemon for sure!
Old 05-20-2013, 03:44 AM   #699
wilma-bride

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
I saw it this year, I believe it was sometime in March? And the Belle was just....really, really bad. Gaston was pretty good as were the ensemble members, but Belle looked and sounded waaaay off. I was sad, too, since I had heard so many great things about it!
I feel really sad for you then, since you never got to experience the wonderful Beauty and the Beast show with the Belle who could sing. I wonder what happened to her and whoever thought that this new one would be a good replacement. She was stuggling to reach the high notes, her voice was just not strong enough, she was off key and she doesn't even look the part, in my opinion. I am sad myself as this was always a 'must-do' for us and I can't see myself going back as long as she is there
Old 05-23-2013, 10:58 AM   #700
Nakkira
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4HppyCamprs View Post
Soarin' we were just discussing the other day how disappointing it was and not worth the wait to ride again but we were happy to have given it a try so we would know what it was about.

Park Hoppers. It caused more stress than it relieved for our family.
I have had park Hoppers the last few times I went.
The only times I ever used them was my Animal kingdom day. (because I don't hate it but there is only a half a day worth of interest for me)
and my DHS day (because Fantasmic does not interest me I would head elsewhere in the evening)

The idea of the flexibility is cool, but the price difference isn't work it for how little I used it.
This time I just got regular 5 day passes. Since I got 5 days for the price of 4 through undercover tourist I have promised myself that if we get done early with a park, we can just go back to the hotel and chiil, it is not waste of a day. (Besides, we could always explore Downtown, or some of the Resorts if we simply didn't want to call it quits)

Oct 2013 - 5 days (offsite hotel)
Feb 2009 -3 days (offsite hotel)
Oct 2004 - Week (Caribbean Beach Resort)
Feb 1998 - Week (offsite hotel)
Fall 1993 - Week (offsite hotel)
Nakkira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:07 AM   #701
WendyWonderland
Mouseketeer

CRT. I booked that sucker the second I was able to because of all the hype around it. I made it our last night's dinner, so it would be special. We had to wait 20-30 minutes past our reservation time, which we didn't care that much about. The food was awful though. Truffle oil was added to something, I can't remember but it was in an appetizer, and the waitress even commented about how the chef was adding it that evening despite most of her tables saying how gross it was. I had pork as my entree and it was barely room temperature. We went on a MNSSHP night, and the theme'd dessert they brought out looked awesome, but didn't taste awesome. The fact that it took 2 dining credits made it even more painful. We had 3 ADRs everyday for 8 days, and CRT was the second most disappointing.

I'm fighting now for a BoG reservation, but I'm concerned I'll run into the same issue. Since we're going without our picky-eater son, a whole new world of places to eat opened up so I want to make the best of it.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:31 PM   #702
Jazzabelle508
Live, Laugh, Love and Disney <3 :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyWonderland View Post
CRT. I booked that sucker the second I was able to because of all the hype around it. I made it our last night's dinner, so it would be special. We had to wait 20-30 minutes past our reservation time, which we didn't care that much about. The food was awful though. Truffle oil was added to something, I can't remember but it was in an appetizer, and the waitress even commented about how the chef was adding it that evening despite most of her tables saying how gross it was. I had pork as my entree and it was barely room temperature. We went on a MNSSHP night, and the theme'd dessert they brought out looked awesome, but didn't taste awesome. The fact that it took 2 dining credits made it even more painful. We had 3 ADRs everyday for 8 days, and CRT was the second most disappointing.

I'm fighting now for a BoG reservation, but I'm concerned I'll run into the same issue. Since we're going without our picky-eater son, a whole new world of places to eat opened up so I want to make the best of it.
I understand that everyone has different tastes and you probably like places that I think are overrated but I really do think you probably were there on a off-night. My family and I absolutely LOVE the castle and have always had a great experience there. The servers are always wonderful and the food is always well cooked and delicious! I always get short ribs and they are probably some of the best ones I've ever had. We always are there for lunch which probably helps the situation though. The wait time is usually a issue though so that complaint I totally agree with you on. I can also see how dinner might be not as great. Every complaint I have ever heard about CRT that wasn't about wait times has been made by someone who only went to CRT for dinner. I have looked at the dinner menus for CRT and it is a lot "stuffier" than the other meals and the whole atmosphere of dinner from what i've heard is less family oriented and more geared towards adults only. The dessert changes alot and it usually is something that doesn't look even remotely appeitizing. If you are ever at CRT and the dessert is something weird and fancy sounding they will probably be willing to give you the kids dessert if you ask nicely. The old standby of ice cream or a cupcake is always great! I would recommend going for lunch before completely dismissing it. The food is a lot more main stream and it isn't anywhere near as stuffy as it seems like dinner is.
Pottermore: GoldThorn119 Twitter Page: Jazzyjen508

Jazzabelle508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:31 PM   #703
Nakkira
DIS Veteran

Vinylmation ???

Sorry but I think they are so very ugly/creepy.

Oct 2013 - 5 days (offsite hotel)
Feb 2009 -3 days (offsite hotel)
Oct 2004 - Week (Caribbean Beach Resort)
Feb 1998 - Week (offsite hotel)
Fall 1993 - Week (offsite hotel)
Nakkira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:41 PM   #704
Jazzabelle508
Live, Laugh, Love and Disney <3 :)

Quote:
I feel really sad for you then, since you never got to experience the wonderful Beauty and the Beast show with the Belle who could sing. I wonder what happened to her and whoever thought that this new one would be a good replacement. She was stuggling to reach the high notes, her voice was just not strong enough, she was off key and she doesn't even look the part, in my opinion. I am sad myself as this was always a 'must-do' for us and I can't see myself going back as long as she is there
I agree! Sometimes that show is really good and other times it just isn't anywhere near as well done. When the show has it's actually talented people it is really worth seeing but lately the performers haven't bee as good! Although i wasn't nearly as annoyed with how bad the belle was, for me it was the person playing gaston that really seemed to not be good. My family LOVES the movie of beauty and the beast. My brother and I were obsessed with that movie growing up and when he was in college (I think it was his sophmore year, it was right before he met his wife to be) he got to play gaston in a community theatre production of beauty and the beast. I know that I am a little biased when I say this but he literally gave the movie version of gaston a run for his money. He NAILED the part perfectly, he literally stole the show! He was the only person cast in the part (the other roles were double cast) and EVERYONE who came to the show raved about the person they had playing gaston. Whenever we meet people who saw the show and mention my brother they still remember him all these years later (he is now out of college and has been for 3 years) as the amazing gaston. needless to say ever since then my mom and I compare every gaston we see to my brother and none of them have lived up to our expectations. Once again i'm a little biased but I really have felt that the quality in people who have played that part has significantly decreased.
Pottermore: GoldThorn119 Twitter Page: Jazzyjen508

Jazzabelle508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:56 PM   #705
aVASTGrl
DIS Veteran

That's very disappointing to hear about the Beauty & The Beast show It was wonderful the last time I saw it!

The Jungle Cruise refurb thread reminded me to add that to my list. I know I know, it's a classic and I used to love it when I was a kid! But now, it's soooo cheesy and bad! We usually skip it because none of us want to wait on those looooong lines for it!

[*]~Spring 2014 - WL"Flowers And Gardens And Bees" Solo Trip[*]~Summer 2013 - AKL "Family Reunion Recovery" Trip[*]~Halloween 2012 - YC Solo Extravaganza!![*]~Christmas 2011 - POFQ "Is That What Snow Looks Like?" Celebration[*]~Summer 2010 - Off-site[*]~Summer 2009 - CSR "Stop That Bus" Fun[*]~Summer 2008 - Off-site "Never Eating Salmon Again" Disaster[*]~Graduation 2007 - AKL "My Ankle Just Separated!!" Special Sister Vacay[*]~Late Summer 1998 - POFQ "Runaway Cart" Episode[*]~Early Summer 1998 - Disneyland Paris nee Eurodisney "Whinnie Le Pooh" Ooh La La[*]~March 1998 - Off-site Singing Competition "The Band Kids Stole Our Bus!!" Trip[*]~1985 - My One And Only Disneyland Trip That I Don't Remember[*]~1983-1996 - Every Other Summer WDW Pilgrimage aka the beginnings of my Disney Obsession Thank You Mom & Dad

aVASTGrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: