Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2013, 01:04 AM   #661
Nicki87
Earning My Ears

I have to say Earl of Sandwich. But there is one just down the street from me so I have gone there often. I do like the sandwiches a lot but I don't get the hype, since it is a chain restaurant.

Nicki87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:44 AM   #662
MackenzieFL
Mouseketeer

Not a fan of Stitch's Great Escape; it's the spitting, I can't do it.

Not a fan of DisneyQuest... went once, once was good for me. I liked the POTC virtual ride, and ducking into the Wonderland Cafe (I think that's what it was called?). Just so enclosed, so noisy, it gives me a headache, I feel like something about the air in that place is so thick it seems to smother me.

Lights, Motor, Action. Not my thing. I'd rather see musicals.

MackenzieFL is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-19-2013, 05:42 AM   #663
robinbutterfly
DIS Veteran

Fantasmic and Duffy!
*May 2015- TBD * November 2013- Dolphin and POFQ *October 2012- WDW Swan * January 2012- WDW Boardwalk Villas and Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas. *January 2010-WDW Bay Lake Tower *January 2009-WDW Wilderness Lodge * June 2003- Disneyland Paris on our Honeymoon. WDW SEVERAL times as a kid. *1979- Disneyland in California
My husband Me My son : My daughter
robinbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 06:15 AM   #664
Art 1
DIS Veteran

Earl of Sandwich.
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 06:38 AM   #665
geraghty
Mouseketeer

Star Wars, Star Trek, speaking Chewbacca.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:57 AM   #666
MonorailCentral
Dreamer

Character breakfasts, Hollywood Brown Derby, and Illuminations. Illuminations is ok, but can't say I've ever been moved to tears, or feel like I can't miss it on a trip.
MonorailCentral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:29 AM   #667
theparsons
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammons70 View Post
For all of you hating on Duffy, I hope that you read his book first. The premise of Duffy if you buy one is to take photographs of him everywhere you visit ( like a travel gnome or Flat Stanley). That is what Mickey did in the book. Minnie made the bear for Mickey, and he took pictures of the bear for her on his voyage.
I think it's a cute story.....and we did the Flat Stanley things for several years (we homeschool and it was a fun geography lesson that just went on and on for a long time)....but Duffy just did nothing more than an "awww" moment for my family. The bear design doesn't have much personality, the character interaction was very limited because other than a hug, well, there was nothing.

Duffy apparently is super huge in Tokyo but he doesn't seem to have caught on in the United States. I personally think Disney is trying to push him only because the "accessories" are a big seller in Tokyo and they want the same merchandising here, but just don't quite see that he's not popular here. I have often wondered if he needed a major movie to get his popularity soaring, but then I realize that his movie would be a 20 minute short and that's not going to do much either.
theparsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:45 AM   #668
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by theparsons View Post

I think it's a cute story.....and we did the Flat Stanley things for several years (we homeschool and it was a fun geography lesson that just went on and on for a long time)....but Duffy just did nothing more than an "awww" moment for my family. The bear design doesn't have much personality, the character interaction was very limited because other than a hug, well, there was nothing.

Duffy apparently is super huge in Tokyo but he doesn't seem to have caught on in the United States. I personally think Disney is trying to push him only because the "accessories" are a big seller in Tokyo and they want the same merchandising here, but just don't quite see that he's not popular here. I have often wondered if he needed a major movie to get his popularity soaring, but then I realize that his movie would be a 20 minute short and that's not going to do much either.
That Duffy is just like the build a bear thing we have in the UK. Not sure if you have it in the States. I think build a bear is better because the kids get a choice of bear. Plus they are cuter looking. I love Disney but the Duffy thing. No I am at a loss!
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:06 AM   #669
leebee
DIS Veteran

vinylmation, pin trading, Duffy, BBB
Disney bus system. LOVE taking DME from MCO but then I am stuck riding the busses...
TSMM, Nemo the Musical (probably our least favorite of everything), Stitch's Great Escape
Interactive "additions" to the end of Spaceship Earth and the standby line at TestTrak. Such a cop out, putting in interactive video games instead of real attractions.
BOG, CRT, lobster roll/clam chowder at CHH, Le Cellier, Kouzzina (I want to love this, but it disappoints every single time we go)
Old 05-19-2013, 10:08 AM   #670
bartleby1
DIS Veteran

I have to go with the turkey leg thing. Maybe it is because I'm not a huge meat eater, or maybe it is the way I see some gnawing on it. Or maybe it is just the thought of eating something like that in the August heat when it is 92 degrees with 99% humidity when all I am craving is a huge glass of ice water and maybe a mickey ice cream bar! I literally cringe when I see people eating them especially in that kind of heat!

Different strokes for different folks!
bartleby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:10 AM   #671
BlueStarryHat

Just picture everyone sitting at the computer in their underwear

Oh yeah, Duffy. I get the premise and it's a cute one, but...dunno. Just doesn't do it for me. The Japanese can have him.
Old 05-19-2013, 11:38 AM   #672
MackenzieFL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStarryHat View Post
Oh yeah, Duffy. I get the premise and it's a cute one, but...dunno. Just doesn't do it for me. The Japanese can have him.
I don't get it much either, seems to me just another expense to run up the souvenir funds-- collecting stuff for Duffy.

Old 05-19-2013, 12:06 PM   #673
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackenzieFL View Post
Not a fan of Stitch's Great Escape; it's the spitting, I can't do it.
I wasn't aware anyone raved about Stitch's Great Escape. (Unlike most people, I like it, but I wouldn't say I rave about it.)
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:20 PM   #674
MackenzieFL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
I wasn't aware anyone raved about Stitch's Great Escape. (Unlike most people, I like it, but I wouldn't say I rave about it.)
LOL, this is true.

Old 05-19-2013, 01:31 PM   #675
aVASTGrl
DIS Veteran

Toy Story Mania...I can only use one hand to operate the trigger and I find it next to impossible to aim and pull the string at the same time. Not very fun for me. I only go because my family loves it. I much prefer Buzz and the gun-style trigger mechanism.

Duffy. I just don't get it. To me, it doesn't even feel like Disney. He's not even that cute

Pin trading. Pins have never factored into my styling choices , and I have no use for a pile of pins in a drawer or on a lanyard!

[*]~Spring 2014 - WL"Flowers And Gardens And Bees" Solo Trip[*]~Summer 2013 - AKL "Family Reunion Recovery" Trip[*]~Halloween 2012 - YC Solo Extravaganza!![*]~Christmas 2011 - POFQ "Is That What Snow Looks Like?" Celebration[*]~Summer 2010 - Off-site[*]~Summer 2009 - CSR "Stop That Bus" Fun[*]~Summer 2008 - Off-site "Never Eating Salmon Again" Disaster[*]~Graduation 2007 - AKL "My Ankle Just Separated!!" Special Sister Vacay[*]~Late Summer 1998 - POFQ "Runaway Cart" Episode[*]~Early Summer 1998 - Disneyland Paris nee Eurodisney "Whinnie Le Pooh" Ooh La La[*]~March 1998 - Off-site Singing Competition "The Band Kids Stole Our Bus!!" Trip[*]~1985 - My One And Only Disneyland Trip That I Don't Remember[*]~1983-1996 - Every Other Summer WDW Pilgrimage aka the beginnings of my Disney Obsession Thank You Mom & Dad

aVASTGrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: