Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2013, 10:05 PM   #646
twoj
Mouseketeer

Be Our Guest
twoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:59 AM   #647
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoj View Post
Be Our Guest
Agreed! Just got back from WDW and saw people lining up at 10:00 am for lunch. Two hours for lunch. How good can this place be!
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-18-2013, 10:01 AM   #648
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Oh and now tried dole whip. I called it 'dull whip' lol. There is a drive thru yogurt place near DTD that is a quarter of the price and tastes much nicer! Or the soft serve at OKW! Maybe it's me....
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 10:03 AM   #649
BlueStarryHat

Just picture everyone sitting at the computer in their underwear

I third Be Our Guest. Also Soarin.' It's nice and all and I enjoy it, but I don't get the raving.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:13 AM   #650
mom2AidanAndEli
DIS Veteran

Definitely the Dole Whip! We have a seasonal ice cream place a mile from our house and they carry the stuff. Really, really couldn't figure out what I was missing! It's basically soft-serve ice cream--same as we get any time!

Space Mountain. Done it, but not impressed. Definitely not a favorite.

Garden Grill. So-so food, poor service, people gawking at your table as it comes around to the front of the restaurant.

Park hopper. Too overwhelming. One park a day is plenty!

POP-2007, ASMo-2010, ASSp-2011, POFQ-2013, POFQ-August 2014!!!!
mom2AidanAndEli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 10:39 AM   #651
xiphoid76
Mouseketeer

What a fun forum! I will say everyone has different tastes and that is why I love Disney so much!
I also like to give things 2 chances at least to see if maybe I was mistake the first time - like Tower of Terror - bad experience the first time, then loved it the 2nd.
I have 3 things for this list:
BOMA - just a very average buffet, actually I would rate it below avg especially considering the price. Tried it twice - dinner and breakfast. Dinner was slightly better - breakfast was pathetic. Do not get how people like this over the 100s of other better choices in Disney.
Soarin - 3 times tried, each time, I left saying - just what am I missing? Nothing special at all about this ride, it is like any other Imax theater.
Dole whip - only tried once here - but so gross, can not even fathom trying it again. This one may be more just personal taste and I can see why some people might like it, but again, so many better choices at least for my taste buds.
xiphoid76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 11:04 AM   #652
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2AidanAndEli View Post
Definitely the Dole Whip! We have a seasonal ice cream place a mile from our house and they carry the stuff. Really, really couldn't figure out what I was missing! It's basically soft-serve ice cream--same as we get any time!
Does your local place have pineapple soft serve? Because that's what makes it a big deal to those of us who love it - the flavor. (Well, actually, I always get the pineapple/vanilla swirl. )
siskaren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:04 PM   #653
Kimbysmom
Mouseketeer

Contrary to popular opinion, Via Napoli. I was so looking forward to trying the pizza there on our first trip three-and-a-half weeks ago, but my calamari was rubbery, and all the toppings on our pizza slid off in the first bite and the crust was too chewy. What a disappointment. I also thought the sauce tasted like grocery store jarred sauce; we loved Wolfgang Puck Express though.

I also agree with DHS not having much to do unless you have teenagers.

Everything else was thoroughly enjoyed by us, and the adult slushies in France definitely lived up to their hype for me

Kimbysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:29 PM   #654
Rosebud123
Mouseketeer

Staying on site
Dining Plan
CRT
Boma
Rosebud123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:46 PM   #655
ConvenientTruth
Mouseketeer

EPCOT in general...outside of mission space and maybe having a meal there I would be fine missing the park on my next few visits.

Akershus...we went for one of my daughter's B-Days and....never again...for being one of the pricier CMs the food was...meh.

Planning every minute of everyday at the world...it is a vacation!
Old 05-18-2013, 07:48 PM   #656
KorieDWnut
Known to be the cranky person to comment under my breath

For me it is Trading Pins, getting autographs from characters and obsessive planning.

Old 05-18-2013, 10:43 PM   #657
beachclub1011
Earning My Ears

I can't read anymore of this thread!! lol there's too many things that I love that people say they hate.
beachclub1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 11:23 PM   #658
dizzwizz
DIS Veteran

The Dole Whip, Le Cellier, Soarin (the big, black dot on the projector ruins it for us), Test Track, Rock N Roller Coaster (bangs our heads quite a bit), Test Track (new look looks cheap), and the Little Mermaid (also looks cheap.) All of these are overrated (in our opinion.)

Incidentally, we like or love everything else about the 4 WDW parks. No kidding!
dizzwizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 11:47 PM   #659
GeekyGirl
Earning My Ears

Illuminations without the holiday tag and Fantasmic!
GeekyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:48 AM   #660
theparsons
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by g8torphan View Post
I'm sure this one won't go over well:
Staying on site -- such a waste of $ IMO. I want freedom and space on my vacation. Being tied to someone else's transportation just doesn't work for me. And the rooms are tiny. EMH are a joke. Just not my thing I guess.
&
HS
very meh, but I've only been once. Got there around 3pm and still feel like I did it all.
Gotta say I agree with this.....our next trip I have a 3 bedroom condo and when I add up the cost of the condo, the estimated cost of our food (we've been often enough I had it down pretty good).....let's just say our trip will be 24 days with the condo and buying our own CS/TS and eating sometimes at "home".....for the same price we can stay at POP with free dining for about 1/2 that many days. So....I can stay in a 345 square foot hotel room with only 2 chairs, even though there are three of us.....eat 3 meals of high calories so-so food, wait for their bus and sit on it with some screeching kid.....or I can have a 1200 sq foot home with a full kitchen, full living room, private hot tub, free laundry, and eat what and where I want (meaning many off site meals and homemade meals) AND stay twice as long. Hmmmmm.....no brainer to me.

Now, we'll have APs so no park parking, but even adding in the $14 a day for our entire trip only changes the equation by less than 3 days. So, I can stay onsite for about 14-15 days, or offsite for 24. Still no brainer.

Last edited by theparsons; 05-19-2013 at 08:35 AM.
theparsons is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: