Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2013, 07:55 AM   #631
Karbase8
DIS Veteran

This thread is really entertaining and funny And I am wondering if some of the posters even like Disney at all. Having said that my list would be

Le Cellier- didnt get it the soup was ok, bread was ok and steak was ok thank god went to lunch when it was 1TS.

TSM- As others have said it's a cute ride but I have been nearly tackled getting to the ride in the morning a grandmother left her grandchild sprawled out hurt on the ground runnng to the ride. To me it's not much different to Buzz.

Disney Food- it's mediocre for me but for a theme park I guess it exceeds expectations at all the variety and options

I am saddened for the hate of IASW, it is an annoying song but that ride in particular I am just in awe of the creativity, the length of the ride and it's a classic, similar to Peter Pan nostalgia for me

Epcot and AK- It took me several several trips to appreciate the beauty of both parks
Karbase8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:00 AM   #632
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
Ok we flew 5,000 miles from UK to Orlando. We are here now at Kidani Village which is lovely. We raced into MK to try the 'amazing magical not to be missed dole whip' . Naaaaa don't get it lol. DW said it was nice but nothing to set off fireworks. I didn't even like it. We had orange. Maybe I need to try pineapple to get the full hit...
The orange is not a Dole Whip. You had a Citrus Swirl (which my DH likes better than Dole WShip...I hate them both). The Dole Whip is the pineapple flavored soft serve.
Register to remove

Old 05-09-2013, 12:06 PM   #633
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
Ok we flew 5,000 miles from UK to Orlando. We are here now at Kidani Village which is lovely. We raced into MK to try the 'amazing magical not to be missed dole whip' . Naaaaa don't get it lol. DW said it was nice but nothing to set off fireworks. I didn't even like it. We had orange. Maybe I need to try pineapple to get the full hit...
Dole Whip-bleh, I, like you had read about them here on the DIS. We each got one( DH,DD, and her BF). I took 2 tastes and threw it into the garbage can. It was nasty. Not liking the taste of something is not weird for me as I'm very particular but my husband loves to try different foods and he ended up throwing his away too.
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:56 PM   #634
victoriavictorious
Earning My Ears

Mission Space. I could take it or leave it. I've never been on the tame version of it, but the regular version left much to be desired. I guess I just expected too much due to all the warnings.
victoriavictorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:39 PM   #635
girlb4amirror
Mouseketeer

TSM - I like Buzz better! I don't normally get motion sick, but I don't like how TSM spins between sections.
girlb4amirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:52 PM   #636
capegirl
DIS Veteran

I'm lovin' this thread...very entertaining.

I would have to agree with others about TSM..cute but so not worth the madness, and I feel the same way about parades.

Lobster rolls, and clam chowder at the Columbia Harbor House. I read so many positive reviews about these items this New England girl had to give them a try. UGH!!! The lobster roll was sad, and the chowder tasted like a bowl of smoked bacon.

Sorry, but I will have to add character meals to my list. I've had too many awkward moments of silence when my kids suddenly zip their lips, and say nothing when the characters appear at the table, leaving me to chit chat with Mary Poppins, the Mad Hatter, etc, etc.... I just want to eat in peace.
capegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:25 PM   #637
Bagheera23608
Bagheera23608

Dole Whip - not my cuppa

The Little Nemo show in AK - I was so excited to see it and it just didn't do anything for me. It was very pretty, but the actor (or actress) who played Nemo....maybe they were just having a rough day, but their voice was AWFUL. Fingernails on chalk board bad. I dunno if I want to try it again.....
Old 05-09-2013, 07:30 PM   #638
noahdove
DIS Veteran

There's not much I don't like at Disney...I love the Characters...and this August I will be standing in line to see every character with my 2 friends...watching parades, Wishes, shows rides and food...One thing that does bother me tho is when there are small children needing a nap and the parents are gung ho on staying....

noahdove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:47 PM   #639
Chickkypoo
DIS Veteran

For me it's turkey legs, parades and Duffy.

Walt Disney World: Jan. 1987, Feb.2001, Nov. 2004, Sept./Oct. 2005, Nov. 2007, Nov. 2008, Nov. 2009, Dec. 2010/Jan. 2011, June 2011, June 2012, Dec. 2012, May 2013, May 2014, Sept. 2014, Nov. 2014
Disneyland: May 2008, Sept. 2010
Disneyland Paris: July 2008
Aulani: Nov. 2013
Hong Kong Disneyland and Tokyo Disney April 2015!
Disney Resorts I have stayed at: ASSp, ASMu, ASMo, POP, CSR, AKV-Jambo, AKV-Kidani, SSR, VWL, BCV, OKW, BLT, CBR, GCV, Sequoia Lodge (Paris), Aulani

Proud DVC Owner - The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
Chickkypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:34 PM   #640
samacita
Mouseketeer

Pin trading
samacita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:01 PM   #641
loveswdw
DIS Veteran

Hoop Dee Doo Revue. We finally went last trip. I was kind of disappointed. It was fun, expensive. We've done it now. I don't think we'll do it again. People just rave about it and how it's an every trip experience. I don't get it.

OUR TRIPS March '14-RPR/AKVK Oct '11-BCV Oct '10-HHI June '10 (Star Wars Weekends)-Swan/BWV Feb/March '09-OKW (Spring Training) Oct '08-SSR/POR (Alex's 1st trip) Oct '07-OKW (Our 1st MNSSHP) Dec '06-BCV (Our 1st MVMCP) Oct '05-BCV March '05-OKW/AKL (Spring Training/Jonathan's first trip!) Oct '03-BCV (first trip HOME!) Sept '02-POFQ (first trip for my mom!) Sept '01-Hard Rock Hotel (had to stay there!!) Sept '00-CSR (Millennium celebration) Sept '99-POFQ (honeymoon!) Jan '98 ASMu (first trip--the WDW addiction begins!)
loveswdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:08 PM   #642
loveswdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSoup4U View Post
Earl of Sandwich - Its a SANDWICH! Just a sandwich. I just dont get whats so great about it?
I think this is because it's the cheapest meal on property! We love Earl of Sandwich because all the sandwiches are just $6. For Disney food, that is CHEAP!

OUR TRIPS March '14-RPR/AKVK Oct '11-BCV Oct '10-HHI June '10 (Star Wars Weekends)-Swan/BWV Feb/March '09-OKW (Spring Training) Oct '08-SSR/POR (Alex's 1st trip) Oct '07-OKW (Our 1st MNSSHP) Dec '06-BCV (Our 1st MVMCP) Oct '05-BCV March '05-OKW/AKL (Spring Training/Jonathan's first trip!) Oct '03-BCV (first trip HOME!) Sept '02-POFQ (first trip for my mom!) Sept '01-Hard Rock Hotel (had to stay there!!) Sept '00-CSR (Millennium celebration) Sept '99-POFQ (honeymoon!) Jan '98 ASMu (first trip--the WDW addiction begins!)
loveswdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:45 PM   #643
agavegirl1
DIS Veteran

vinylmation
pin trading
standing in line for character M&G
Peter Pan
Winnie the Pooh
agavegirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:51 PM   #644
momimouse27
Just a Big Kid!

Oh, I love TSM! It's so fun!
Old 05-09-2013, 09:55 PM   #645
Lintasare
Holy
Hello. My name is Inigo Peeptoya...you ate my father...prepare to die
Ok fess up...who killed the riddle?

Dole Whip. Tried it once 11 years ago and thought it was fine. Tried it again on a more recent trip and I am not sure what changed. It tasted very artificial to me and all I could think was...yuck.

Lintasare is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: