Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2013, 04:02 PM   #571
lilsk8nmac
Sweet Cream Cheese pretzel addict!

Animal Kingdom-I mean it's pretty and all but doesn't really have anything that pulls me in. So we've skipped that park on our last 2 trips.

Turkey Legs-It's great if you like them, but blech IMHO!

Imagination-now that they ruined it.

Mission Space-Great if you are interested in space and always wanted to be an astronaut or whatever, but I'd rather not spin around take G forces and . Which would grant me useless and wasting my money in the theme parks for the next few days or whatever.

Peter Pan-It's okay and fun if you have like little to no wait but no way am I waiting in line for more than 20 mins for it. Same goes for Winnie the Pooh.

It's a Small World-I can see going on it if you have kids or first timers with you, but otherwise, NO. It's just too traumatizing and that song...."it's the same old song, it's the same stupid song..." lol. *puts on flame suit*

I'll probably take heat for this too...
The GF. IDK it's great if you can afford to stay there and you like it. But I've been there a few times and just feel uncomfortable. It just seems very to me. I'm a classy gal, I just wouldn't ever stay there. Even though, I do think it's a beautiful resort
I think that's all..
Old 03-21-2013, 04:07 PM   #572
divawife
DIS Veteran

Le Cellier (pardon my spelling)-too dark
Tower of Terror-(pardon my lunch in your lap)
School Bread - yuck
Pecos Bill-dry burgers and kids with their fingers in the "fixin's bar"
Hoop de Doo- ok for 1 TS but not 2- corny and bad food, whats up with the strawberry short cake and not one for each person?
divawife is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-21-2013, 11:08 PM   #573
LBIJim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by afnaechiquita View Post
Can I ask why you think the monorail should be torn down? I understand not getting excited to ride it like others, but it's an easy form of transportation between Epcot/MK/the monorail resorts. Unless you mean that with the intention of building something else?
I just think it's a relic of 1960s thinking. Looks like Tomorrowland did before its retro upgrade. Supposedly every major city in the world was going to have an extensive monorail system in place by the 1980s.

Other than the more than occasional hiccups, I realize the monorail is a pretty efficient method of moving people around Disney. It works well enough for its limited purpose.

I doubt Disney will ever remove it unless it becomes too problematic or too expensive to operate and maintain. I suppose they'd use busses if that ever happens.

If they ever do decide to tear it down, they should implode it in some spectacular fashion and charge people to watch. Logistics be damned!!

Jim
LBIJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:02 AM   #574
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

TIW I cannot get the price to stack up against the savings. But maybe it depends on how many dining and if you eat a lot at Disney. Only 2 of us and we dine both on and off world. So to be fair maybe I just don't get it for us... :-)
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:14 AM   #575
Nagle
Proud Canadian

The big one for me is Test Track. It just does nothing for me. We did it once since it re opened and now we can skip it on future visits.
Nagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:16 AM   #576
fuzzlekins
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsk8nmac View Post
Peter Pan-It's okay and fun if you have like little to no wait but no way am I waiting in line for more than 20 mins for it. Same goes for Winnie the Pooh.

I'll probably take heat for this too...
The GF. IDK it's great if you can afford to stay there and you like it. But I've been there a few times and just feel uncomfortable. It just seems very to me. I'm a classy gal, I just wouldn't ever stay there. Even though, I do think it's a beautiful resort
I think that's all..
I agree about Peter Pan. My daughter and hubby like it, but I just don't get the fuss over that ride. I'd much rather do It's A Small World, Winnie the Pooh, or any number of others.

I agree about the GF too. I'd honestly rather stay at Pop Century than GF. And I'd definitely choose Poly, CR, WL, or AKL over it any day. We found it to be stuffy and lacking in personality. Felt the same way about Boardwalk. We much prefer the themey resorts because those seem more authentically Disney and what we're looking for in a Disney vacation.
1/31-2/9/14
fuzzlekins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:36 AM   #577
dixiegirl
sorry but those dolls really creep me out!

Here are my personal ones:

IASW - creepy, creepy dolls
AK - there's really nothing spectacular there for me
Wishes - I know how beloved it is - just don't get the fascination at all
Le Cellier - eh, way overrated
Turkey Legs - just can't over the visual when people are eating them -

But hey - to each his/her own - this is why Disney is so awesome - there is something there for everyone!

POR Annual Oct trips 10/96-10/13
Next trip - 10/17/14-10/25/14 POR
dixiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:41 AM   #578
kevschickee
DIS Veteran

Every time I come to this thread I want a turkey leg lol

Danica 5 DH 32

http://
kevschickee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:57 AM   #579
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

OHANA DINNER. I just dont get it. It was incredibly disappointing. I wouldnt even consider it good! Slimy wings, poor quality beef, dry pot stickers. Horrendous pork. blah! When I hear ppl say its the best restaurant on property, I have to wonder...how??

Le Cellier - so over rated.

Dole Whip - Its nothing spectacular. I like the citrus swirl better.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:00 AM   #580
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzlekins View Post
I agree about Peter Pan. My daughter and hubby like it, but I just don't get the fuss over that ride. I'd much rather do It's A Small World, Winnie the Pooh, or any number of others.

I agree about the GF too. I'd honestly rather stay at Pop Century than GF. And I'd definitely choose Poly, CR, WL, or AKL over it any day. We found it to be stuffy and lacking in personality. Felt the same way about Boardwalk. We much prefer the themey resorts because those seem more authentically Disney and what we're looking for in a Disney vacation.
Wait, what? You'd rather do Its A Small World than Peter Pan?? Different strokes I guess, i'd rather sit in my room all day staring at snow on the TV than do Its A Small World.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:46 PM   #581
sephorachick
DIS Veteran

soarin
illuminations
O'hanas

Me: Husband: Pacey Minnie Vicky Ginger

Check out my Disney blog!
www.yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com
Today's entry is on Boma's Banana Bread recipe & review!

Facebook page for my Disney blog! Please "LIKE"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yohoyo...99050306822131
sephorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:24 PM   #582
2Pirates2Princesses
DIS Veteran

Soarin and Toy Story Midway Mania. They are both fun attractions, but I don't understand the hype, especially with the rush for fast passes for them. In the age of high definition, I was disappointed by the visual quality of Soarin (especially considering this is supposed to be a headliner attraction at Epcot). Toy Story Midway Mania is fun and the theming and props in the queue area are very cute, but I certainly wouldn't power walk through HS at rope drop to get a fast pass for it or wait in line for an hour to ride it either.
2Pirates2Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:34 PM   #583
Maleficent Dragon
šoš A wondrous future lies before you! šoš

Turkey Legs, Duffy, Dole Whips, Cinderella's Royal Table and O'hana. (These are subject to change after each trip)

However, to be fair, there are things I really look forward to each trip that I am certain others would find silly and a waste of their time. :

Maleficent Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:35 PM   #584
fuzzlekins
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyintoronto View Post
Wait, what? You'd rather do Its A Small World than Peter Pan?? Different strokes I guess, i'd rather sit in my room all day staring at snow on the TV than do Its A Small World.
My daughter (almost 6) LOVES IASM! I do actually enjoy it too. We always walk right up with no wait and it's a nice long, relaxing ride (i.e. break). I think I enjoy the nostalgia of it as well as all the colors, etc. Yeah, for whatever reason, I genuinely like that ride. We always do it twice during our trip. If I missed Peter Pan, I wouldn't be bothered at all, but DD always insists on one ride on it.

As the PP said, Duffy is a head scratcher for me too. How the heck did that bear manage to get his own store in WS?? He's not exactly ethnic and I'd never even heard of him until we went to Epcot. And the meet & greet ... can't believe I let my DD talk me into waiting in line for it on our first trip. Yep, just don't get why they need that bear.
1/31-2/9/14
fuzzlekins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:30 AM   #585
ohboyx3
DIS Veteran

Boma. Yuck! Read everyone's rave reviews.... Our family of five didn't like it. Ended up going to the food court after. Lol

January 2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge
January 2008 Port Orleans Riverside

May 2011 All Star Music Family Suites
Disney Cruise aboard the Dream October 2012
October 2013 Fort Wilderness Cabins
ohboyx3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: