Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2013, 01:47 PM   #541
buzzrelly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1DopeyFan

Oh my, there's SO much more to AK that you're missing apparently...and do you know the point of the "incredibly tacky dinosaur area"? It has a story the same as everything else at WDW. If you're interested, check it out here: http://land.allears.net/blogs/jacksp..._dinorama.html
Okay...I just read the story and, while some may think it's a cute story, it doesn't make up for the general tacky feel of the place. It really is just awful...and HOT! Especially on the blacktop! And speaking of the blacktop, the cute little cracks in it that are part of the "story," are simply horrible looking. Disney could have done a much better job in theming that place. Maybe they could have created a story that included lush greenery, and cool water. Maybe cool the place down a bit!

Just my opinion, of course. I wouldn't even go NEAR this area, but my kids like it so I'll suck it up and do it once on our trip. Ugh.
1989 Off Site-2003 Contemporary Resort-2006 Old Key West-2008 Caribbean Beach Resort-2010 Contemporary Resort-2012 Disney Cruise Line Magic-2013 Contemporary Resort-2013 Beach Club -2014 POP Century with Dance the World

buzzrelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:23 PM   #542
wenpop
DIS Veteran

My family loves the Stitch ride... Give me back my chilly dog.... and the smell stays with you all day... ok, the smell is not the best... My husband loves Animal Kingdom a lot. But we are talking about what we don't get that others rave about... hmmm let me think about that... I do so enjoy going to Disney... The price is a bit steep, but the memories are worth it. ....

Dec 2009 All Star Sports
2008Pop
2007 Pop
2002 POR
2000 All Star Sports

wenpop is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2013, 12:32 PM   #543
DLgal
DIS Veteran

Oreo Bon Bons. I like Oreos. I like chocolate mousse. But, these things were one of the most disgusting desserts I've ever tried. We had them most nights the first time we stayed at BC-CL. Blech!!!

Le Cellier-Crappy steak for the same price I pay at Morton's for a GREAT steak? No thank you!

The Value Resorts-stayed at all of them except AS Sports. Kept thinking I just hadn't found the "one" that I would end up loving. Just realized, Values are NOT what I want on vacation. It's like re-experiencing some of the worst parts of my life. Cafeteria dining, looooong lines for everything, small cramped room, thin walls, loud, mostly drunk neighbors. Makes me feel like I'm living in college dorms all over again, which I HATED.

Those disgusting cream cheese filled pretzels. Heavy as rocks and gross to boot.
DLgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:27 PM   #544
BlackMagicWoman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellykins1218 View Post
Animal Kingdom. It's just a really just a zoo with a few rides and an incredibly tacky dinosaur area. We'd skip it but it has the best show at Disney.
I agree but for me the only redeeming thing is Expedition Everest and even that was a horrible experience last time due to a rude and aggressive castmember.

I waited an hour and half for Kali River rapids, no one in our entire boat got wet and we were the entire boat! I've gone every year because it is a Disney park but this year, I'm skipping it.

Oh and Le Cellier is not a signature dining experience.

The Stitch ride has nothing on Alien Encounter.
Old 03-19-2013, 01:38 PM   #545
jacksg@l
Mouseketeer

Soarin'. I usually don't suffer from air sickness, but this ride makes my stomach do loop-de-loops. No, thanks.

US/IoA PBH June 2011
CSR June 2010 Star Wars Weekend
US/IoA HRH June 2009
POFQ February 2008
US/IoA HRH June 2005
Disneyland 1998
jacksg@l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:51 PM   #546
kevschickee
DIS Veteran

I love the turkey legs and dole whips!!! My girls are doing BBB in October too wow I must be awful lol

AK is a half day park for us. I am not a huge fan of it.

Danica 5 DH 32

http://
kevschickee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:22 PM   #547
DVCKev
DVC Member

Le Cellier........The place feels like a dive, the service was average at best, the steak was no great thing as the steak at the Turf Club at SSR puts it to shame, and the cheddar cheese soup is bleeeech!!!! On top of all that it is now a "signature" resturant and costs two dinner tickets from the DDP. You gotta be friggin kiddin me....... This place is horrible and should be shut down.

SSR WELCOME HOME!!
DVCKev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:27 PM   #548
LovinPooh
DIS Veteran

Boma.
Cool atmosphere but hated the food.
LovinPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:41 PM   #549
Missymouse18
Mousketeer

DHS (except for Fantasmic), Park Hopping, Duffy.
As far as a PP that commented on the things about the value resorts that turned them off... Drunks???? I have stayed on site for several consecutive years at values and have NEVER dealt with nor seen "drunks" hanging around.

For the ones who don't get the dining plan... as has already been stated, to each his own. We always do the dining plan - and will continue to do so as long as it is offered
Old 03-20-2013, 06:30 PM   #550
World Showcaser
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missymouse18 View Post
DHS (except for Fantasmic), Park Hopping, Duffy.
As far as a PP that commented on the things about the value resorts that turned them off... Drunks???? I have stayed on site for several consecutive years at values and have NEVER dealt with nor seen "drunks" hanging around.
I thought that was an odd comment too. I've stayed at all level of resorts and have never found drunkness to be a problem.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:38 PM   #551
kevschickee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Showcaser View Post
I thought that was an odd comment too. I've stayed at all level of resorts and have never found drunkness to be a problem.
I only stay at values and have not seen a drunk so I agree it was odd

Danica 5 DH 32

http://
kevschickee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:58 PM   #552
LBIJim
DIS Veteran

I don't know if people necessarily rave about some of the following, and I get that they can be appealing to many, but my wife and I have absolutely no interest in doing any of them:

Hidden Mickeys
Pin Collecting/Trading
First Haircut (or any haircut) at Magic Kingdom
Prank phone calls to Epcot UK booths
Pool Hopping (even if allowed, it wouldn't occur to us to try it)
Riding the Monorail (I personally believe it's time to tear it down)
Star Wars Events at Epcot
Polynesian Resort

Probably some other things too. Luckily, there's still plenty of things we enjoy.

Jim
LBIJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:05 PM   #553
Cappy81
Mouseketeer

MNSSHP and Epcot!

3/12 Poly, 9/12 AKL, 9/13 WL, 9/14 AKL
Cappy81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:36 PM   #554
afnaechiquita
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBIJim View Post
I don't know if people necessarily rave about some of the following, and I get that they can be appealing to many, but my wife and I have absolutely no interest in doing any of them:

Hidden Mickeys
Pin Collecting/Trading
First Haircut (or any haircut) at Magic Kingdom
Prank phone calls to Epcot UK booths
Pool Hopping (even if allowed, it wouldn't occur to us to try it)
Riding the Monorail (I personally believe it's time to tear it down)
Star Wars Events at Epcot
Polynesian Resort

Probably some other things too. Luckily, there's still plenty of things we enjoy.

Jim
Can I ask why you think the monorail should be torn down? I understand not getting excited to ride it like others, but it's an easy form of transportation between Epcot/MK/the monorail resorts. Unless you mean that with the intention of building something else?
WDW (off-site) '90 - Caribbean Beach '07 - French Quarter '08 - Riverside '11 - Riverside '12 - Tokyo DisneySea '12 (one-post quick TR here!) - DLR (off-site) '13 - Grand Californian '14 (presidential suite tour here!) - Yacht Club '14
Princess Half Marathoner '11 - '12 - GSC '14 for runGKTW! - training for DLH '14 for SOSC!

afnaechiquita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:33 PM   #555
butsy113
AKV Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenndisney
Our family hates Kali ride at animal kingdom....we never get wet and the theming is boring. We ride it each trip just in case we might get wet, but not a drop.....
I must have been the one across from you that got all the drops, lol!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: