Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2013, 02:08 PM   #526
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismom75 View Post
Husband and I got stomach sick after eating at Liberty Tree Tavern. Never again.

I like pineapple but was underwhelmed by the Dole Whip.

Could definitely take or leave Duffy. Never feel the urge to stand in line to have my kids get pictures taken with him.

Tonga Toast...good but not great IMO.

Oh, and not real excited about AK either (my kids could spend all day at the Dinoland playground though!). Too much like a zoo to me...and we have a nice zoo near home.
We didn't get sick at LTT but all of our food had a chemical taste and we couldn't eat it. After just a few bites, we left.
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:14 PM   #527
stindall
Congress Tart

As far as Dole Whips go I can see why people would be let down. For me though, I don't like anything fruity, especially dessert, other than actual fruit so I was really surprised at how much I enjoyed Dole Whips!

Oh god there's the yeti! - The Trip Report!.

- Sept 2008 Honeymoon @ Pop - Dec. 2009 surprise for dad @ Pop -
Sept. 2013 First solo trip @ Pop
- Sept. 2014 brother/sister trip @ pop!- Aug. 2015 DL @ Stanford Inn & Suites -

stindall is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-13-2013, 06:30 PM   #528
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Definitely Soarin. I don't get the fascination at ALL. I also hated Ohana. To be fair, the latter is my fault. If I had done a bit more research and realized everything was going to be sweet, I never would have made an ADR there. (Not a fan of sweet dinner foods.)
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:09 PM   #529
ammag
DIS Veteran

Soarin was such a letdown, I could see the feet above us and the edges of the screen, I guess I was on the bottom row? Ruined the effect. Pooh ride is so cute until his psychedelic freak out dream, it's really strange. Dole whips were not good, patisserie was not good at all not even French? I love Paris and was looking fwd to it but I get more authentic pastry in my area.
We all loved ak! And we go the Bronx zoo regularly the safari was amazing, the theming was so good....if you take the time to read posters etc. loved everything though I missed Ee. The enclosures were so fun, the tigers in the running in India were so beautiful, entire park felt like an escape. We do love animals, though...dd said its her fav park, she is 5 I was surprised it wasn't mk!

I guess generally I am not into hs, although we loved tsm and star tours! The beauty and the beast show was awful.....muppet movie was great though!
ammag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:43 PM   #530
momimouse27
Just a Big Kid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder
Animal Kingdom - after you've been to the Bronx Zoo everything else looks silly.

. See, it's the opposite for me...after Disney, aquariums and zoos just don't live up to what Disney offers.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:32 PM   #531
Jazzabelle508
Live, Laugh, Love and Disney <3 :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammag View Post
Soarin was such a letdown, I could see the feet above us and the edges of the screen, I guess I was on the bottom row? Ruined the effect. Pooh ride is so cute until his psychedelic freak out dream, it's really strange. Dole whips were not good, patisserie was not good at all not even French? I love Paris and was looking fwd to it but I get more authentic pastry in my area.
We all loved ak! And we go the Bronx zoo regularly the safari was amazing, the theming was so good....if you take the time to read posters etc. loved everything though I missed Ee. The enclosures were so fun, the tigers in the running in India were so beautiful, entire park felt like an escape. We do love animals, though...dd said its her fav park, she is 5 I was surprised it wasn't mk!

I guess generally I am not into hs, although we loved tsm and star tours! The beauty and the beast show was awful.....muppet movie was great though!
Heres the thing about Soarin, have you ridden it in the front row? It really is a MUCH better ride in the front. If you are sent to the 2nd or thrid rows just ask if you can be in front and unless it is unbeliveably busy they will let you be in front. I understand how someone might not think soarin is worth it if they weren't in front.
Pottermore: GoldThorn119 Twitter Page: Jazzyjen508

Jazzabelle508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:57 PM   #532
dulluth
Mouseketeer

There were a few that posted as I am about to, but I really don't look to the negative, or feel that I have to love what anyone else does ... I like what I like, because I like it ... for whatever reasons. I love Soarin' because it's my dad's favorite, I love the music, and I see a future for it moving on to other "Soarin' over ?". Dole Whips are good, but I prefer the chocolate covered Mickey ice cream. Disney is magic to me, and I choose to bask in that magic, rather than complain. I just love being there and being a kid!

Last edited by dulluth; 03-13-2013 at 11:58 PM. Reason: grammer
dulluth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:34 AM   #533
Kellykins1218
DIS Veteran

Animal Kingdom. It's just a really just a zoo with a few rides and an incredibly tacky dinosaur area. We'd skip it but it has the best show at Disney.
Kellykins1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:21 AM   #534
mamaprincess
DIS Veteran

Jungle cruise, people mover, zebra domes, Dumbo, Pop century..I find Illuminations meh but can understand its appeal, same with MSEP. Wilderness lodge especially Villas @ Christmas. I much prefer the Boardwalk and GF for Christmas decor. Duffy!!!

Forgot about vinylmation. Hideous money drain.

Sophia the 1st. Hmmm how can we create a princess on the cheap, easily market her to her demographic, and profit like mad. She is a fast-food princess imhop.

Last edited by mamaprincess; 03-14-2013 at 10:41 AM.
mamaprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:39 AM   #535
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaprincess
Jungle cruise, people mover, zebra domes, Dumbo, Pop century..I find Illuminations men but can understand its appeal, same with MSEP. Wilderness lodge especially Villas @ Christmas. I much prefer the Boardwalk and GF for Christmas decor. Duffy!!!
Don't like Zebra domes gasp. Maybe I don't get out much lol. Come to think of it .....:-) chocolate gives me headaches and migraines but I suffered one for those lol.
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

Sep/Oct 2014 Post trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3337960

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:40 AM   #536
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellykins1218 View Post
Animal Kingdom. It's just a really just a zoo with a few rides and an incredibly tacky dinosaur area. We'd skip it but it has the best show at Disney.

I feel this way too because we love FOTLK and I'd even skip every trip or 2 but my daughter has to get her EE fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaprincess View Post
Jungle cruise, people mover, zebra domes, Dumbo, Pop century..I find Illuminations men but can understand its appeal, same with MSEP.
I'm good with most of these but zebra domes- blech. My friend and her son came with me to WDW. we were staying at the AKL. I had bragged to her about the zebra domes. We each bit into one, looked at each other, and threw them in the garbage.
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:09 AM   #537
ronniekees
Earning My Ears

Easily the Turkey Legs and any Parade.... I have been to WDW 10 times and have never sat down and watched a parade. I always to busy taking advantage of the lack of lines for the best rides...
ronniekees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:50 AM   #538
AuroraRora
Princess

Other than the cuteness appeal, I don't get the Mickey-head ice creams *ducks* I just don't like the taste of the ice cream inside at all. I had one in my lifetime, so I could get my picture taken eating it, but I think out of all the things on the ice cream cart menu, that'd be the last thing I'd pick.

I don't get Duffy either. And if I went to Fantasmic I'd probably use the time to sneak in a nap rather than watch the show
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
AuroraRora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:06 PM   #539
#1DopeyFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellykins1218 View Post
Oh my, there's SO much more to AK that you're missing apparently...and do you know the point of the "incredibly tacky dinosaur area"? It has a story the same as everything else at WDW. If you're interested, check it out here: http://land.allears.net/blogs/jacksp..._dinorama.html
Aug./Sept. 2012 ~ All Star Sports *** February 2008 ~ All Star Sports *** February 2007 ~ Disneyland Hotel
September 2005 ~ Coronado Springs *** February 2005 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge
May 2004 ~ Pop Century *** Dec. 2003 ~ Yacht Club
Jan. 2003 ~ Coronado Springs *** June 2002 ~ Off Site
Jan. 2002 ~ Off Site *** Aug. 2001 ~ All Star Movies
Jan. 1998 ~ Off Site *** Jan. 1995 ~ Off Site
#1DopeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:11 PM   #540
World Showcaser
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1DopeyFan View Post
Oh my, there's SO much more to AK that you're missing apparently...and do you know the point of the "incredibly tacky dinosaur area"? It has a story the same as everything else at WDW. If you're interested, check it out here: http://land.allears.net/blogs/jacksp..._dinorama.html
I totally agree. Even if you don't go near the animals, you can just barely fit everything in in a day. I think a lot of people skip shows like Flights of Wonder or live entertainment and really miss out on what the park has to offer.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: