Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2013, 03:03 PM   #511
o0junebug0o
Earning My Ears

This is a very entertaining thread!

Most of mine have already been mentioned, but here it goes:
- AK - We'll go there to ride KS and Dinosaur, but most trips we skip the park altogether. We have multiple zoos near our house, so we'll spend our time looking at animals at home.
- Tonga Toast - Like many others have said, it was very dry and tough with little to no flavor, blech!
- Duffy - Although I'll admit some of the costumes for the bear are cute, I'll see lines to meet Duffy, just like you would meet any character from a movie, that's the part I really don't understand.
- Soarin' - Cool idea, but definitely not worth the wait.
-The Dumbo ride in general - I have still never ridden it, I am never willing to stand in the long line to fly in circles.

To each his own though! It's great that Disney has a great variety so everyone can enjoy their trip!

Every day is Any Thing Can Happen Day - IF you work at it." - Lonnie Burr
o0junebug0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:16 PM   #512
J.C.&ALI'SMOM
I really had to bite my tongue on that one
Wondering how we could get our moonshine on the plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
I wasn't aware anyone raved about the bus transportation. Don't get me wrong, I always use the buses and I love the fact that I don't have to spend the money to rent a car to get around or have to worry about driving on unfamiliar roads by myself ( I always go solo). That doesn't mean I think it's perfect though.

But what don't you like about ME? I love the fact that I get free transportation to the hotel and back to the airport, and I particularly love that I can bypass baggage claim and let them deal with getting my luggage to my room.
Oh I have read many times how people love the fact that WDW offers buses. You just stated that you love the fact that you don't have to rent a car

Traveling solo is a different prospect. I would possibly use ME or bus transport if I was solo, but probably not, lol. I don't like waiting for the buses or to get to the resort. I like to be able to control when and how I will get somewhere and I love the convenience of being able to go offsite if I want, and I do some days.

ME is a way to get and keep guests on property so they will spend all of the vacation funds there. If I want to leave it isn't a hassle because I will have a car.

J.C.&ALI'SMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-10-2013, 05:26 PM   #513
aristocatz
DIS Veteran

Staying at the WL for Christmas. So many people told us it was the best place to stay for Christmas, so we booked a CL honeymoon room for the second half of our honeymoon. Spent the first half at a GV CL room at the Poly.

While the lobby was pretty enough and I enjoyed the carolers, it definitely wasn't breathtaking to us. Room was sorta blah, the lounge and CM's did not compare to the ones at the Poly, and transportation was a let down. Pool, AP, & RF were good, but WCC was also a total letdown.

The only saving grace was it was nice to have a dedicated bus to FW for when we rented a golf cart for the day and saw the HDDR.

We made the most of it and had a great time (it was our HM and Christmas!), but if we could have gone back in time, we definitely would have stayed at the Poly for our entire trip.

aristocatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:26 PM   #514
RIPaula
Mouseketeer

As many have said,"to each his own" but I don't get the Grand Floridian! Now, if someone gave me a free stay there, I would gladly take it but really don't get why people pay all those extra bucks.
RIPaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:05 AM   #515
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPaula
As many have said,"to each his own" but I don't get the Grand Floridian! Now, if someone gave me a free stay there, I would gladly take it but really don't get why people pay all those extra bucks.
Actually not sure if I would stay there for free lol. Just not me at all. I am a laid back resort sort of gal. I felt the CMs were staring at me the whole time when we visited as if to say 'madam please go back to your value resort' lol. Give me SSR anytime.... I felt like Jack from the film Titanic when he dined with the upper class...
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

Sep/Oct 2014 Post trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3337960

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:17 PM   #516
World Showcaser
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMN View Post
The original definitely had a story line and the parade that was held there had a similar story line as the fireworks. Much much too much to adequately explain here but take my word for it, it USED to be scads better than it is now. Although I still really enjoy it, but probably because my memories of the old one linger in my brain.
The new version is pretty clear as to what it's about too. I'm not sure what the PP doesn't get? The narrator says it all.

From Wikipedia:

Quote:
The beginning of the show is narrated by Jim Cummings, who says: "Good evening. On behalf of Walt Disney World, the place where dreams come true, we welcome all of you to Epcot and World Showcase. We've gathered here tonight around the fire, as people of all lands have gathered for thousands and thousands of years before us, to share the light and to share a story -- an amazing story, as old as time itself, but still being written. And though each of us has our own individual stories to tell, a true adventure emerges when we bring them all together as one. We hope you enjoy our story tonight: Reflections of Earth."
And then the show continues with images from around the Earth and celebratory fireworks.

I will agree though that the images on the globe always seem blurry to me but I get the jist of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C.&ALI'SMOM View Post
ME is a way to get and keep guests on property so they will spend all of the vacation funds there. If I want to leave it isn't a hassle because I will have a car.
Sounds like you "get" ME perfectly.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:37 PM   #517
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

Quote:
For those of us who don't plan on leaving WDW, ME is a blessing so that we don't have to rent a car for the time we are there or pay for a cab to and from the airport.

We also don't have to worry about getting our luggage to and from the airport.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:29 PM   #518
World Showcaser
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckers View Post
For those of us who don't plan on leaving WDW, ME is a blessing so that we don't have to rent a car for the time we are there or pay for a cab to and from the airport.

We also don't have to worry about getting our luggage to and from the airport.
Exactly! I can see someone saying, "I have no use for ME," but I don't understand why someone would dislike it or not get it.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:25 PM   #519
J.C.&ALI'SMOM
I really had to bite my tongue on that one
Wondering how we could get our moonshine on the plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Showcaser View Post
Exactly! I can see someone saying, "I have no use for ME," but I don't understand why someone would dislike it or not get it.
My comments about ME were a response to a PP who asked why I didn't like it. And I explained why. You really can't understand why someone wouldn't like it? . I didn't say it shouldn't exist or people shouldn't use it. I just explained why I don't.

I don't want to have to wait for everyone else, stop at a bunch of other resorts, I like having the ability to go anywhere I want at the drop of a hat, even offsite. All things considered we spend less money by renting a car and having that access to dining alternatives. But we are prone to stay at WDW longer than the average guests and visit around three times a year. So we have our system down pat. . Maybe if I was staying only three or four days or going solo I might consider ME. But that is the only way I would.

J.C.&ALI'SMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:34 PM   #520
Missy29
DIS Veteran

For me it was the Dole Whip. I was so excited to try it on my first trip, waited in line for 10 min. to be kind of disappointed. It was not bad, but after all the talk about it I guess I was expecting it to be throwing pixie dust at my face or something

Missy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:57 PM   #521
Kellykins1218
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy29 View Post
For me it was the Dole Whip. I was so excited to try it on my first trip, waited in line for 10 min. to be kind of disappointed. It was not bad, but after all the talk about it I guess I was expecting it to be throwing pixie dust at my face or something

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!
Kellykins1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:13 PM   #522
fuzzlekins
Mouseketeer

I definitely don't get the fuss over the Dole Whip. It's okay but nothing spectacular IMO.

Also don't get Boulangerie Patisserie - definitely not a top notch patisserie.

Ohana bread pudding - just okay (did LOVE the noodles though).

Coral Reef - seafood was TERRIBLE. (all farm raised - YUCK)

Soarin' - Okay ride but didn't really feel like I was flying (doesn't help when you can see feet above you). Daughter loves it though.

Pirates & Pals Cruise - Again, it was okay, but not spectacular and definitely over-priced.

Kouzzina - Waaaay over-rated and disappointing from Cat Cora.

Fantasmic - Very dark and way too long of a wait for what it was. Likely won't do it again.
1/31-2/9/14
fuzzlekins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:47 PM   #523
World Showcaser
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My comments about ME were a response to a PP who asked why I didn't like it. And I explained why. You really can't understand why someone wouldn't like it? . I didn't say it shouldn't exist or people shouldn't use it. I just explained why I don't.

I don't want to have to wait for everyone else, stop at a bunch of other resorts, I like having the ability to go anywhere I want at the drop of a hat, even offsite. All things considered we spend less money by renting a car and having that access to dining alternatives. But we are prone to stay at WDW longer than the average guests and visit around three times a year. So we have our system down pat. . Maybe if I was staying only three or four days or going solo I might consider ME. But that is the only way I would.
What you are saying is that ME isn't for you but clearly you aren't the intended audience. It just seems odd to me to dislike something that isn't intended for you. That's like me saying I dislike the baby centres when I don't have a baby or a need to use them. And the thread is called "What others rave about and you just don't get." So I assumed you were saying you didn't "get" or understand the purpose or existence of Magical Express.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:23 PM   #524
dismom75
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheilanne View Post
Liberty Tree Tavern was HORRIBLE!!!!!!! We had party of 6 and everyone agreed it was the worst meal of our trip. So disappointed.
Husband and I got stomach sick after eating at Liberty Tree Tavern. Never again.

I like pineapple but was underwhelmed by the Dole Whip.

Could definitely take or leave Duffy. Never feel the urge to stand in line to have my kids get pictures taken with him.

Tonga Toast...good but not great IMO.

Oh, and not real excited about AK either (my kids could spend all day at the Dinoland playground though!). Too much like a zoo to me...and we have a nice zoo near home.

Last edited by dismom75; 03-13-2013 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Forgot to add something
dismom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:44 PM   #525
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Animal Kingdom - after you've been to the Bronx Zoo everything else looks silly.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: