Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2013, 09:14 PM   #481
Plaid Princess
Recovering CM, Pilot in Training

Figment. I just really don't get the appeal. I find him quite annoying, to be honest.

Plaid Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:10 PM   #482
TexasErin
Loves old Pluto cartoons

Carrot Cake Cookie! I'm sorry, but I really hated it. Especially the large bites of actual carrot in it. I RARELY meet a sweet that I don't like , but this would be one.

OTOH, I love the prepackaged carrot cakes that you get everywhere, such as at Cosmic Ray's. Mmmm....That crystally icing with the sugary crunch and NO actual chunks of carrot. I know it's sacrilege, but that's my idea of carrot cake!
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2013, 10:17 PM   #483
BiancaBernard&Penny
Returning to "Earning My Ears" after all these years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzabelle508
Can people please explain why they don't like this ride or how it could be better because I think most people would be flabbergasted (myself included) with hearing so many negative reviews of the ride and not understand where the problem with the ride is. I personally LOVE soarin and think it is totally worth all the hype!!!! If i didn't have a rule against waiting in long lines to ride something when I could just ride single rider or get a fastpass I would wait in the 90 minute waits for soarin because it is that amazing!!!!
Weelll, I for one love soarin' but I suspect it has to do with the way different people process their senses. Probably something in the inner ear/ vestibule. I really "feel" the motion and enjoy it but I actually have similar, but not quite as realistic sensations while sitting in the theatre in France watching the film.

I'm sure it's not unrelated but I cannot watch most video games. I absolutely cannot watch friends do arcade games that simulate skiing, etc. I get very nauseous and dizzy/ weak kneed.

I actually passed out cold once working in the OR watching the video screen and holding the camera while assisting in a laparoscopic surgery. After the first time I knew to take Dramamine if that would be my assignment!

I get severe travel sickness on windy or hilly roads or if I've recently had a migraine. I sometimes get mildly travel sick in 5 minute drives to the grocery.

I'd love to see a study that compares these kind of anecdotal experiences to how well Soarin' is experienced (too little or too much or just right)

CBR- Sept 1997
CBR- Sept 17-24, 2001
CSR- May 13-20, 2008 ptr- http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2166836

Debating on a trip this year with 4 year old "Penny" and a 12 year old, too!
BiancaBernard&Penny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:07 PM   #484
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiancaBernard&Penny View Post
Weelll, I for one love soarin' but I suspect it has to do with the way different people process their senses. Probably something in the inner ear/ vestibule. I really "feel" the motion and enjoy it but I actually have similar, but not quite as realistic sensations while sitting in the theatre in France watching the film.

I'm sure it's not unrelated but I cannot watch most video games. I absolutely cannot watch friends do arcade games that simulate skiing, etc. I get very nauseous and dizzy/ weak kneed.
Soarin' can make me a little queasy if I am not sitting in the center section. If I can see the movie and the wall, it throws my equilibrium off. The 'motion' of the movie paired with the non-moving wall screws up my senses. I don't see the the wall when sitting in the center (or towards the center.)
Old 03-08-2013, 11:38 PM   #485
ashley0139
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedgood View Post
Everyone said I should budget 2 days for Epcot. I'd have died of boredom if I'd spent more than 2 hours there.

That said, I went at night. Maybe it's more enjoyable when the sun is shining?
EPCOT is definitely not my favorite park, but what could you possibly have even done in 2 hours?

Pre-Trip Report 2009: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2293006

Pop Century October 19-26, 2011

Pre-Trip Report 2011: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2796928
Trip Report 2011:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2867080
ashley0139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:39 AM   #486
Robbi
DIS Veteran

The Polynesian Resort
Soarin'
DDP
Dole Whips=yuck
AK
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:59 AM   #487
magicbob
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bytheblood View Post
To the title of the thread, I don't think I have ever seen a single person rave about this attraction.
I think some folks mistake the term "rave" as having a negative connotation, as in "rant and rave" instead of the intended context ("rave reviews").

Ratatouille, the Ride!

magicbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:37 AM   #488
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

the boardwalk. stayed there last weekend on a relative's DVC points so the room was technically free to us. thank goodness we didn't spend any money on it. I was completely unimpressed by the entire Resort. hated the decor in the room. had all kinds of problems checking in. had a toilet that ran constantly even though we ask for it to be fixed. and absolutely hated the fact that just about everything was outside. At a deluxe resort I don't expect to have to go outside to get food or to shop. I also detest the scary clown pool... which we had a perfect view of from the balcony of our room. luckily the pool is closed for refurb (as was the boardwalk bakery).
Old 03-09-2013, 12:16 PM   #489
BiancaBernard&Penny
Returning to "Earning My Ears" after all these years

I just saw a site on Pinterest comparing pros and cons of resorts. When they mentioned BW, I thought they were negligent in not mentioning that the pool would disturb some guests. I would NOT sleep well with that outside my room!

CBR- Sept 1997
CBR- Sept 17-24, 2001
CSR- May 13-20, 2008 ptr- http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2166836

Debating on a trip this year with 4 year old "Penny" and a 12 year old, too!
BiancaBernard&Penny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:36 PM   #490
massmickeypal
Earning My Ears

I guess we like almost everything except Finding Nemo in Animal Kingdom. We were in Magic Kingdom Sunday. It was cold and almost no lines during extra magic hours. We walked on Journey of the Little Mermaid but any line over 15 minutes would have made the wait not worth the ride.
massmickeypal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:39 PM   #491
kirasaurus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeBeans View Post
The turkey legs were a huge disappointment for me. I was so excited to try one, I had it built up in my head as this magical fowl experience. Turns out, wrong homonym

I completely agree!
I'm also not a fan of Duffy. I just. I don't understand him!
Journey into Imagination
Festival of the Lion King
Kona Coffee (technically not an "Exclusive" disney item)
POR, I much prefer french quarter
Disney's fudge. I can get much better locally, and for cheaper. I'd rather spend my money on a mickey Ice cream :D

That's all that comes to mind right now...

Last edited by kirasaurus; 03-09-2013 at 02:00 PM.
kirasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:02 PM   #492
Bob NC
DIS Veteran
I am a trained professional
$7.61
Wilma Flintstone can vacuum my floors with a baby elephant anyday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
hated the fact that just about everything was outside. At a deluxe resort I don't expect to have to go outside to get food or to shop.
I agree.

That makes them a little Un-deluxe to me!
Bob NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:10 PM   #493
ponyboy
Gun slingin DW lover

The only real let down I've had there was Soarin. It's ok, just not as awesome as what everyone had said it would be. It's just a movie you watch while you sit in some moving seats. That said, it is more fun when you're on the top row, just because you're up so high.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:20 PM   #494
momimouse27
Just a Big Kid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis
the boardwalk. stayed there last weekend on a relative's DVC points so the room was technically free to us. thank goodness we didn't spend any money on it. I was completely unimpressed by the entire Resort. hated the decor in the room. had all kinds of problems checking in. had a toilet that ran constantly even though we ask for it to be fixed. and absolutely hated the fact that just about everything was outside. At a deluxe resort I don't expect to have to go outside to get food or to shop. I also detest the scary clown pool... which we had a perfect view of from the balcony of our room. luckily the pool is closed for refurb (as was the boardwalk bakery).
I loved the lobby and rooms, but the worst part of that resort is how difficult it is to actually FIND the pool. Also, I felt odd walking through the upscale lobby with my poolside items. Beautiful resort, but I wouldn't stay there again.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:10 PM   #495
tsme
DIS Veteran

TOT, just don't like it.
Via Napoli, the kid's pizza was watery & the two different pastas we had were without seasoning of any kind, very bland. Maybe it was an off night, but I didn't see the hype.
tsme is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: