Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-08-2013, 10:42 AM   #466
labattblue
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,818

- Resort Hopping. Unless you are going to a resort to eat, or scouting for a future possible stay, seems like a waste of a vacation day.

- Deluxe Resorts. Ridiculously overpriced. They can't hold a candle to deluxe resorts outside of WDW. Unless I had mountains of disposable income, I wouldn't even stay one night. In fact I was shocked to see how high the price of the "value" resorts has risen for the high seasons. Where's the value?

- "Interactive" Parades. Sorry, but I have no interest in seeing parades come to a stop, and guests becoming part of the entertainment.

- Relying solely on WDW buses to get around because "I'm on vacation and want to relax, and leave the driving to somebody else". Nothing worse than ending a long park day on a bus with wall to wall tired sweaty people. Also, bus service to/from DTD is below average at best.

- A large percentage of food at Disney is chain restaurant quality at best. Yet I have to read constantly about how the food is "yummy", and things like "this was the best steak I ever had!!". You really need to branch out from Ponderosa and Outback.
labattblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:55 AM   #467
momimouse27
Just a Big Kid!
 
momimouse27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Georgia
Posts: 775

Quote:
Originally Posted by labattblue
- Resort Hopping. Unless you are going to a resort to eat, or scouting for a future possible stay, seems like a waste of a vacation day.

- Deluxe Resorts. Ridiculously overpriced. They can't hold a candle to deluxe resorts outside of WDW. Unless I had mountains of disposable income, I wouldn't even stay one night. In fact I was shocked to see how high the price of the "value" resorts has risen for the high seasons. Where's the value?

- "Interactive" Parades. Sorry, but I have no interest in seeing parades come to a stop, and guests becoming part of the entertainment.

- Relying solely on WDW buses to get around because "I'm on vacation and want to relax, and leave the driving to somebody else". Nothing worse than ending a long park day on a bus with wall to wall tired sweaty people. Also, bus service to/from DTD is below average at best.

- A large percentage of food at Disney is chain restaurant quality at best. Yet I have to read constantly about how the food is "yummy", and things like "this was the best steak I ever had!!". You really need to branch out from Ponderosa and Outback.
I have to respond....

I agree about the parades. In fact, the only one we go to is Spectromagic. Parades are opportunities to ride stuff w/o a wait.

We hardly take buses anymore. They take forever, and at the end of the day, the last thing I want to do is wait In a line watching 2 or 3 buses leave for my resort when I'm exhausted. we drive, so we can hop right in the car...no wait.

The resorts. This is difficult for me, because I'm a resort junkie. I llooovvve all the theming and feeling that Disney atmosphere all the time. However, I completely agree that deluxe resorts, as much as I love them, are highly overpriced. I've always wanted to stay at GF or PR. But, I just can't relinquish $3000 or so for a room. If we had free dining, I might be able to swing it, but it's too much to pay. I'd rather spend it on souvenirs.
momimouse27 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-08-2013, 11:28 AM   #468
Cynt
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 720

Pin Trading

You purchase a pin trading package or get pins off EBAY, etc to trade w/ CM. So you start with say 10 pins and end w/ 10 different pins. Then you purchase more pins to trade them. Why not just purchase the pins you want? No trading required.
__________________
March 1997 - SOG
May 2006 - CSR
May 2009 - POP - SISTER TRIP
April 2011 - POP - Girl's Getway
May 2013 - WBC - FAMILY TRIP!!
Cynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:33 AM   #469
Zooshoveller
WAR EAGLE
 
Zooshoveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Alabama
Posts: 1,053

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynt
Pin Trading

You purchase a pin trading package or get pins off EBAY, etc to trade w/ CM. So you start with say 10 pins and end w/ 10 different pins. Then you purchase more pins to trade them. Why not just purchase the pins you want? No trading required.
I just buy the ones I want. My kids like the hunt! LOL
__________________
Off Site 12/82 GF 7/90 CBR 11/12 ASSp 5/13 YC 10/14



Zooshoveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:11 PM   #470
aml3679
Kita's Mom
 
aml3679's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: NH
Posts: 587

It is interesting that what some love others do not. I guess that's what makes the world interesting.

Love: Disney's Very Merry Christmas Party, Soarin, Downtown Disney, Winnie the Pooh, Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Muppets 3D, Animal Kingdom, Toy Story Mania...

We have not been in ten years but are staying at the Wilderness Lodge this December.

Things I can live without: Jungle Cruise, The Great Movie Ride, Mad Hatter Tea Party

My list might be different after our stay.

We did Soarin at Disneyland.
__________________
aml3679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:18 PM   #471
bdklein
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: In a House
Posts: 1,862

Turkey Legs, Illuminations, and visiting Disney more than once every year or two.
bdklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:19 PM   #472
abinormal
Mouseketeer
 
abinormal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 206

I look forward to trying the restaurants. I've never been to any of them. I'm one of those apparently tasteless people who enjoys a lot of chain restaurants so I'll probably love a lot of WDW places.
__________________
abinormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:09 PM   #473
sayuracodfish
Earning My Ears
 
sayuracodfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzabelle508 View Post

Main Street Cinnamon Rolls!!!!! I had one a year ago and I only had a couple of bites before I threw it away. It was dry, didn't have much of a cinnamon flavor (or really any flavor) and just all around horrible. My mom who shared it with me felt the same exact way. It was disappointing because I had been reading about and looking forward to this dessert for months and then it ended up being a big flop. That is probably the most overrated snack ever!!!!!
Totally agree
__________________
sayuracodfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:15 PM   #474
DisneyHolidayFan
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyHolidayFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,081

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckers View Post
Illuminations. It's REALLY boring and it doesn't really make sense.

As for Fantasmic, I think DL's version of Fantasmic is 100x better and I think it's because of the viewing distance. There's no stadium for Fantasmic as at DHS, it's right on the Rivers of America and you're really close to all the action. In DHS, I feel you really need binoculars to see the characters.

Turkey Legs for me as well.. they just look gross and people eating them tend to look like cannibals. (They don't sell these in WDW, but I feel the same way about people who pay $6 for a giant pickle and eat that while walking around)
Oh, no!!! Two of my favorites - Illuminations and Fantasmic!! But, I do agree with the Turkey Legs - those springy tendons make me nauseous!!
DisneyHolidayFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:23 PM   #475
skylizard
DIS Veteran
 
skylizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,215

Vinylmation. I think they're all ugly and I just don't get it
skylizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:48 PM   #476
mymickeyfans
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ma
Posts: 212

I hate to admit this...BUT....I didn't like MNSSHP We went for the first time this past year with my DS (8) and DD(3.5). It was VERY crowded, much more crowded then when we went during the day. We waited over an hour to get on the Haunted Mansion and the trick or treat lines were far too long. We also found the parade just "Meh". I know most people love it, but it just wasn't "it" for us. We're going back to WDW this coming October and both kids requested not going to MNSSHP this year. Maybe we'll try it again when they are older.
__________________
Me DH DS(9.5) DD(5)princess


POR-10/8-10/14 2012
Paradise Palms - 10/11-10/20 2013
Windsor Hills - 11/7-11/15/2015
mymickeyfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:36 PM   #477
momimouse27
Just a Big Kid!
 
momimouse27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Georgia
Posts: 775

Illuminations definitely needs an update...
momimouse27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:48 PM   #478
palmtreegirl
DIS Veteran
 
palmtreegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: NEPA
Posts: 7,950

Dole Whips, Turkey legs and the Carousel of Progress......laser discs! lol
palmtreegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:09 PM   #479
Jazzabelle508
Live, Laugh, Love and Disney <3 :)
 
Jazzabelle508's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Not close enough to Disney
Posts: 822

Quote:
Originally Posted by momimouse27 View Post
Illuminations definitely needs an update...
I have seen alot of people say they don't like illuminations and I'm really surprised!!! My family and I LOVE illuminations and plan our EPCOT days around it. I get that different people like different things so I don't think you are wrong in not liking it. I'm just curious about why and what you think would improve it. It is a more subtle show so if you aren't as into things that aren't obviously disney or full of technological tricks then illuminations probably isn't best for you.

Now this next one isn't about your post but it is about something alot of people found overrated and that is Soarin. I don't think I have ever heard anyone say they don't like Soarin. In fact people usually rave about it and I have never ridden soarin when people don't clap loudly when it is over and rave about it on the way out. Can people please explain why they don't like this ride or how it could be better because I think most people would be flabbergasted (myself included) with hearing so many negative reviews of the ride and not understand where the problem with the ride is. I personally LOVE soarin and think it is totally worth all the hype!!!! If i didn't have a rule against waiting in long lines to ride something when I could just ride single rider or get a fastpass I would wait in the 90 minute waits for soarin because it is that amazing!!!!
__________________
12-POP Century, 11-POP Century,'09-POP Century,'08-POP Century,'07-A.S.Mu and POP Century,'06-Wilderness Lodge,'05-Carribean Beach, '05-A.S.Sp, '04-Wilderness Lodge,'03-A.S.Sp, and Many More
DM: DD: DB 27: DB 25: DSIL 24: Me 21:
CURRENT THREAD: "Good Morning! No Sleeping!"- A Mother Daughter January Get Away
Pottermore: GoldThorn119 Twitter Page: Jazzyjen508

Jazzabelle508 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:11 PM   #480
Jazzabelle508
Live, Laugh, Love and Disney <3 :)
 
Jazzabelle508's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Not close enough to Disney
Posts: 822

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phdmama06 View Post
There isn't much for me, really. I'm not sure about Peter Pan...the wait is usually so long and the ride is so short. Don't get me wrong, it's a cute ride, but I'm not sure why people flock to it like they do. On the fence about AK. I feel like we can do it in half a day so we only usually go if we have a park hopper...and sometimes not even then! I think it is the prettiest park though.
I agree!!! I forgot about that one in my original post but it is sooo overrated!!!!! I like to ride it if the timing is right but if the timing is never right I don't have any problem skipping the ride!!!!
__________________
12-POP Century, 11-POP Century,'09-POP Century,'08-POP Century,'07-A.S.Mu and POP Century,'06-Wilderness Lodge,'05-Carribean Beach, '05-A.S.Sp, '04-Wilderness Lodge,'03-A.S.Sp, and Many More
DM: DD: DB 27: DB 25: DSIL 24: Me 21:
CURRENT THREAD: "Good Morning! No Sleeping!"- A Mother Daughter January Get Away
Pottermore: GoldThorn119 Twitter Page: Jazzyjen508

Jazzabelle508 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: