Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2013, 02:16 PM   #451
bytheblood
DIS Veteran

I have several, but I am sure there are things I really like that others don't care for.
  • Dole Whip
  • Citrus Swirl
  • Duffy
  • Tonga Toast
  • Illuminations
  • Lego Store
  • New Test Track
  • Cape May Clam Bake
  • Zebra Domes
  • T-Rex Cafe/Rainforest Cafe

And I did try them before I decided I didn't care for them.
bytheblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:18 PM   #452
bytheblood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSorority View Post
STITCH!

OMG, how could anyone hate that attraction?! It's totally the best attraction in Tomorrowland, hands down.

Ok I'm kidding. I'll never go on Stitch....

I guess mine is American Adventure- I can't stand that show. Seriously.

To the title of the thread, I don't think I have ever seen a single person rave about this attraction.
bytheblood is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2013, 02:27 PM   #453
momimouse27
Just a Big Kid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by csm101
people that compulsively formulate and try to account for everything, then when something goes wrong it’s a meltdown of frustration. You’re at WDW! Holy cow people your only decision is what park to go to that day. Don’t plan to the last Nano second it’s how you deal with curves that makes your vacation exceptional.
I started out trying to do this and it just ruined the fun. Now the only thing I plan is which park on which day, and where we eat

I don't get:

Turkey legs(gnawing on turkey leg in FL heat!? No.)
Captain EO
Sum of all thrills and Mission Space..makes me claustrophobic just looking at it
I dont love AK all that much, with the exception of KRR. I could see most of it at our zoo
living seas...same thing, I can see that stuff at our local aquarium
Star Tours

There's stuff I don't love anymore because it's waaaay out of date and needs a redo:

Muppetvision(hello 1980's!!)
Indiana Jones
SwissFamily treehouse...it should just go away
I love universe of energy, but they should redo the film with Ellen
Catastrophe canyon

Last edited by momimouse27; 03-04-2013 at 02:45 PM.
momimouse27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:49 PM   #454
osugal
Mouseketeer

It's so weird - I LOVED soarin. I feel like I was on a completely different ride than everyone else.

My Overrated List:

Great Movie Ride - very boring, huge disappointment

DHS overall - we can go there but have done all we want to do in the first few hours

Illuminations - we can watch it but it's not even close to Wishes or some of the others

Character Meals - the experience is fun but they should be getting the food up to better standards - people shouldn't walk away saying "well - we don't really go for the food anyway"

(I've just always wanted to use the Pirate smilie)
osugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:50 PM   #455
AmberHeartsDisney
DIS Veteran

Duffy the creepy Disney bear LOL
March/April 2007- Offsite~11/29/09-12/07/09-Polynesian (For free! I won a trip)~11/29-12/07/10-Polynesian~5/12-5/17/11 Polynesian~9/16-9/19/11 All Star Music~11/13-11/17/11 Animal Kingdom Lodge Club level - Honeymoon ~11/17-11/20/12 Disney Dream Cruise~11/2-11/9 2013 BLT/AKC (We finally bought a DVC!!!09/2013)~5/5-5/11 GFV~12/6-12/13 GFV ~ 10/12-10/17/2014 BLT ~ 12/6-12/13/14 GFV ~Disney Dream Cruise 12/4-12/7/15

Our Disney Travel Blog
AmberHeartsDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:37 PM   #456
dadddio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberHeartsDisney
He's just a teddy bear with a hidden Mickey on his face and paws. What's creepy about that?
dadddio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:15 PM   #457
wickedgood
Earning My Ears

Everyone said I should budget 2 days for Epcot. I'd have died of boredom if I'd spent more than 2 hours there.

That said, I went at night. Maybe it's more enjoyable when the sun is shining?
wickedgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:26 PM   #458
Kellykins1218
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedgood View Post
Maybe it's more enjoyable when the sun is shining?
Unfortunately not

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!
Kellykins1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:34 PM   #459
BiancaBernard&Penny
Returning to "Earning My Ears" after all these years

That castle in the middle of MK. What's up with that? I mean, I can see it from tomorrow land and it totally ruins the ambiance. I thought Walt wanted each land to be immersive? It has nothing to do with colonial or frontier life either? I guess it fits with fantasy land but now that FLE has two new castles, why do we still need the ratty old huge one?

And what's up with it changing colors at night. Migraine waiting to happen.

And what's with the perky nerds in the mouse ears? Why are there so many kinds? The other day, I looked in the mirror and saw hot pink, shiny, cheetah print ears with feathers on top. Why?
Alright this thread is done. LOL I read it all and this was pretty much all I could come up with that wasn't already covered!

CBR- Sept 1997
CBR- Sept 17-24, 2001
CSR- May 13-20, 2008 ptr- http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2166836

Debating on a trip this year with 4 year old "Penny" and a 12 year old, too!
BiancaBernard&Penny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:33 PM   #460
DisneyDiva8401
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by csm101
people that compulsively formulate and try to account for everything, then when something goes wrong it’s a meltdown of frustration. You’re at WDW! Holy cow people your only decision is what park to go to that day. Don’t plan to the last Nano second it’s how you deal with curves that makes your vacation exceptional.
I don't do this exactly, but since I've been going since I was a kid, we just have a certain way/order we do things, it's just tradition. Its not a written out plan, just something ingrained in our memory. We do change it up from time to time and don't put time limits so we are flexible in that sense.

DisneyDiva8401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:57 PM   #461
Jazzabelle508
Live, Laugh, Love and Disney <3 :)

Landscape of Flavors and AOA in general. It was cute but nowhere near worth the hype.

New Test Track. It was neat getting to design your own car but not worth all the hype about how amazing the new ride is.

The tiki room show, i'm one of the few who perferred the under new management version. That is the one i have my earliest memories of.

Grand Fiesta tour. I feel that the new verison of this ride is missing a quality to it. The old one was engaging and a classic and I was devastated when they got rid of it. My whole family loved the song from it and still sing it from time to time (just the medley since we don't know the words). That ride is part of my childhood and I can't get my head around its replacement and accept it.

Main Street Cinnamon Rolls!!!!! I had one a year ago and I only had a couple of bites before I threw it away. It was dry, didn't have much of a cinnamon flavor (or really any flavor) and just all around horrible. My mom who shared it with me felt the same exact way. It was disappointing because I had been reading about and looking forward to this dessert for months and then it ended up being a big flop. That is probably the most overrated snack ever!!!!!

While I did enjoy beaches and cream I do think it is every so slightly overrated.

School Bread is another one that I don't get the hype over but I will admit that i'm not a fan of actual coconut (however I do like coconut flavored stuff like pina coladas).

I'm not a big fan of rose and crown either but that doesn't seem very hyped other than the view which is worth the hype so i will leave it alone.

My mom would add via napoli to this list as well but I personally loved it and think it is totally worth the hype.

For the most part though I am very pleased with Disney Dining and don't have alot on my overrated list.
Pottermore: GoldThorn119 Twitter Page: Jazzyjen508

Last edited by Jazzabelle508; 03-08-2013 at 12:15 AM.
Jazzabelle508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:09 AM   #462
Saskiwi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberHeartsDisney
With you on that- he IS kind of creepy- I think you have to be a 16 year old Japanese girl to 'get' Duffy. (he's huge at Tokyo DL apparently) I just ain't his demographic!
Old 03-08-2013, 03:58 AM   #463
heatherbynum
Peace, Love, Disney & Hanson

Marble cupcake at starring rolls
the caramel place in epcot. those cupcakes were horrible.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:56 AM   #464
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

TSM

Cute, would be nice without all the strategies and planning to get to the ride and/or get a FP, but the time we save in the park and the other things we get to do (over and over at RD) by skipping this are better uses of our time. I'd probably make more effort if there was less hype about absolutely having to ride it. Even with FP, it takes forever and a day to get from the entrance to the loading area. Glad we've done it a couple of times but I'd never go to any trouble for it.
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:21 AM   #465
carolinamama
Mouseketeer

First of all, my 5 yr old loves Duffy. She even got a Duffy pin (collects, not trades).

What doesn't do it for me:

*Turkey legs

*Adult pin trading. There are SOME creepy people out there - I used to be a CM at the local Disney Store about 15 years ago. We would have interesting guests from time to time , including one known as Pin Man because he would come in covered in pins. It was pretty new at the time. But anyway, he would corner CMs and talk to them incessantly about pins, and sometimes, the store mgr would have to rescue the CM. Turned me off of pins for a long time, although I now have a small collection. Some of the traders I see remind me of Pin Man.

*Animal Kingdom - half day tops for us

*All the DVC kiosks. Yeah, we got it. Don't need a kiosk every 10 feet.

15 Trips to WDW since 1981 - Bay Lake Tower (2013), Port Orleans Riverside (2013), Contemporary (2009), Polynesian (2008), Wilderness Lodge (1995 and 2006), Caribbean Beach (1995 and other prior dates), Beach Club (1996), Disney Inn (1986), Disney Villas And now a Disneyland trip as well! Grand Californian (2010)
carolinamama is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: