Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2013, 04:35 PM   #376
disneyshakeygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousin' Around View Post
I read a lot more than I post. I like that Disney has many options so that we are all happy, but there are a few things I don't get the hoopla about it. (and I have tried them all) I think it is almost cultish. LOL

Dolewhips
Duffy
The NEW Test Track
Zebra Domes
Schoolbread (very underwhelming)
The Lego Store
Le Cellier (I have had better steaks locally and in travling around the nation, especially in the South)
Canadian steaks are usually pretty good, but you actually have to come here to try them
disneyshakeygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:46 PM   #377
Trifs
Earning My Ears

We LIKE Soarin... but this time we commented on how it need to be updated to HD. I think that would make it better.

Hubby got a turkey leg and said it wasn't all he expected it to be.

We skipped AK this time, and have no regrets.

Waterparks. I just don't think of waterparks when I think of Disney, We never do them.

Parkhoppers. Just a waste of time for us. We pick a park and stay there all day.

ADR... ALL of our ADRs were scratched and turned into new reservations when we arrived. Our party was big, so it was easier for Disney, I guess?

Birthdays: It was my bday on our last trip. It was nice to have random people saying happy bday to me, but there really were no extra perks. My hubby purchased a cake from The Grand Floridian Bakery to have with dinner and it was $60. It wasn't even spectacular.

I miss the old attractions from the 80s. Especially in Epcot. Things just aren't the same anymore.

1984 Contemporary- South Garden 1989 Grand Floridian - Boca Chica 1991 Caribbean Beach - Martinique 1994 Beach Club 1998 Old Key West 2000 Old Key West 2003 Board Walk Villas 2010 Old Key West 2013 Beach Club Villas 2015 Grand Floridian Villas (fingers crossed!)
Trifs is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2013, 01:03 AM   #378
ForMyBoys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcarolinafan View Post
Wow. I disagree with pretty much everything you just said. Your boys don't like MK because of princesses? Well, different strokes and all that. I'm not much into princesses myself, but I can find one or two other things in the Magic Kingdom that I can stomach. I start the day off with a ride on SM, move on to Buzz, hop over real quick to HM, or Big Thunder and then it's time for a turkey leg. it just shows to go ya. And, of course, I'm loopy for IASM. And that's really close to Peter Pan and then ... well, you get the idea.
I didn't say we hated the MK, I just said it wasn't my favorite park. Honestly, none of the Disney parks are bad. My boys LOVE meeting certain characters and the look they get in their eye and the smile on their face is priceless. We meet way more of the characters they like at HS and AK than at MK. We also love the shows and parades at HK over the other parks. And walking the worlds at Epcot is sooo fun.

But I do stick by my comment about not liking IASW... sorry!
Old 02-18-2013, 02:23 AM   #379
TriniandBre
Mouseketeer

I'm glad that my list of dislikes isn't long. I'm too busy with two girls running through the parks to have a long list of dislikes. I can add one thing for my list though and that would be the overall price of going. Other than that when I come across something I don't like I skip it and move on to something else. I can say that I wouldn't take my girls to the BBB because of the prices and the easy hairstyles. I've planned to do their hair myself this trip. I love letting them play dress up in the dresses or any costume they'd want to wear there for that matter. It's a magical place and I love letting them be kids and enjoy themselves.

Other than that I do get Duffy (both my girls want one) I am going to try a turkey leg and I love that it's vacation and there are so many different foods to try, you never know what you like until you try it.

Next Trip to the World October 21st 2014
First Disney Cruise October 25th 2014

==========================
2003 – POR Nov...............2010 - OKW/SSR Dec
2005 – POR Sept/Oct........2011 - All Stars Music Dec
2006 - BWV May/June.......2013 - AKV/BWV Dec
2008 - AKV Jul/Aug...........2014 - All Stars Sports Oct
TriniandBre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:14 PM   #380
kirasmom
Mouseketeer

The food in general. I'm always amazed that people rave about the food. I mean, I guess Le Cellier is amazing if your idea of a good steak is The Outback or Sizzler. I am convinced that those who think Disney's food is great also think The Olive Garden is Italian food.

Dole Whips. Pineapple is my favorite fruit, but I really just don't get it.
kirasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:27 PM   #381
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriniandBre
I'm glad that my list of dislikes isn't long. I'm too busy with two girls running through the parks to have a long list of dislikes. I can add one thing for my list though and that would be the overall price of going. Other than that when I come across something I don't like I skip it and move on to something else. I can say that I wouldn't take my girls to the BBB because of the prices and the easy hairstyles. I've planned to do their hair myself this trip. I love letting them play dress up in the dresses or any costume they'd want to wear there for that matter. It's a magical place and I love letting them be kids and enjoy themselves.

Other than that I do get Duffy (both my girls want one) I am going to try a turkey leg and I love that it's vacation and there are so many different foods to try, you never know what you like until you try it.
Love your attitude!

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:32 PM   #382
Kellykins1218
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirasmom View Post
The food in general. I'm always amazed that people rave about the food. I mean, I guess Le Cellier is amazing if your idea of a good steak is The Outback or Sizzler. I am convinced that those who think Disney's food is great also think The Olive Garden is Italian food.

Outback steak IS delicious and I love Olive Garden

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!
Kellykins1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:09 PM   #383
Lorilais_mommie
" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the street." - WALT DISNEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirasmom

I think is has to do more with what people are given at other parks..

The food at theme parks around here is just awful!!
I would take outback or Olive Garden any day... Over what they have 😝

Disney also offer lots of choices, you wouldn't find in some areas..
I live in the west most my life, finding a good steak was easy..

Now that I live here is MA. I find it VERY hard to find a steak.. And what people claim is a good steak, taste like pork! And is so small I laughed when the brought it out..

However the seafood is the best iv ever had, and would not be able to get on the west coast..

I think tries to offer a little of everything.. And I think they do better the most theme parks..

Lorilais_mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:13 PM   #384
Lorilais_mommie
" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the street." - WALT DISNEY

One of many thing I do get....

Coral Reef:
I get sitting next to the big tanks and looking at the fish why you eat..

But why make the food seafood themed !!

Anyone else find it strange to eat fish why watching fish?

Lorilais_mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:16 PM   #385
dnash
Earning My Ears

Man I'm starting to feel like a geek. Just about everything that people really don't care for, I like.
dnash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:09 PM   #386
BiancaBernard&Penny
Returning to "Earning My Ears" after all these years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilais_mommie

I think is has to do more with what people are given at other parks..

The food at theme parks around here is just awful!!
I would take outback or Olive Garden any day... Over what they have dde1d

Disney also offer lots of choices, you wouldn't find in some areas..
I live in the west most my life, finding a good steak was easy..

Now that I live here is MA. I find it VERY hard to find a steak.. And what people claim is a good steak, taste like pork! And is so small I laughed when the brought it out..

However the seafood is the best iv ever had, and would not be able to get on the west coast..

I think tries to offer a little of everything.. And I think they do better the most theme parks..
Well said!
it definitely beats anything served at my local cedar fair owned park- in quality and price and sit downs are better than many hotel restaurants.

Also, it's rare that a restaurant is willing to work me to ensure I get a vegetarian meal I'll enjoy. Disney will. I understand that allergic people feel the same.

CBR- Sept 1997
CBR- Sept 17-24, 2001
CSR- May 13-20, 2008 ptr- http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2166836

Debating on a trip this year with 4 year old "Penny" and a 12 year old, too!
BiancaBernard&Penny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:17 PM   #387
littlezar
DIS Veteran

Not a fan of the tie dye cheesecake!
Old 02-18-2013, 04:37 PM   #388
peanut1967
DIS Veteran

Wow didn't realise what I had started

And I agree we are all different so we don't all like the same, but some things like CRT it's nice but not the price or hype nice.

Keep them coming I am really enjoying reading it all.

Angie
2009 2 weeks in Villa and Week at AKL CL...WOW
2012 3 weeks OKW our adoption celebration.

peanut1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:36 PM   #389
eastcarolinafan
When I put on my Mickey ears I can hear Small World.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut1967 View Post
Wow didn't realise what I had started

And I agree we are all different so we don't all like the same, but some things like CRT it's nice but not the price or hype nice.

Keep them coming I am really enjoying reading it all.

Angie
Yes, Angie, you've created a monster. But it was a great idea for a thread. And you know how it gets around here, you start off on one thing and end up on a million others -- and then you realize you forgot to comment on the one thing you were supposed to so you have to go back and get it right.

But you know what I don't get that I forgot to mention? I don't get why there is rarely a line for Spaceship Earth and there is always a line for Test Track. I can go 60 mph whenever I want, but SE is an exceptionally good ride (IMO) and there is hardly ever a wait more than 10 minutes. And this may be weird but I really love the smell of SE; you know, that moldy, greasy smell?

Seems like SE would be more popular then Test Track, but it ain't.

2008, Carribbean Beach Resort (my first trip to WDW!; 2009, Port Orleans Riverside; 2012, Coranado Springs; and in 2014, Sophie's Polynesian extavaganza

Last edited by eastcarolinafan; 02-18-2013 at 10:42 PM.
eastcarolinafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:51 PM   #390
SCDisneyMom
How would a chihuahua jump over a fence?!

Crystal Palace - Did not enjoy this one at all. It was so loud and so crowded. We waited for an hour past our ADR time, and both DH and DS were extremely irritable by the time we got a table. We were almost sitting on top of the people next to us. I'd bump both of our tables as I squeezed between them when I wanted to get more food. I spent half the meal apologizing to them. The food was mediocre at best, but I felt compelled to eat as much as I could considering how long we waited and the price of the meal. We were there for dinner, and maybe breakfast is a completely different experience, but it will probably be awhile before we give it another shot.

Vinylmation - I've tried to understand the point of this. But I just don't.

Mission Space/Star Tours/Kali River Rapids - Never again. I used to do them for my son's sake, but he's almost 15 and can ride them alone. I've tried to like them - it's not going to happen.

School Bread - It looked so delicious! DH said he wished he had taken a pic when I took my first bite. Apparently my disappointment was quite obvious. I'm glad I tried it, but I seriously don't get why people love this so much.

Me: Leslie (34) , DH: Ray (36) , DS: Tyler (16)

*Our Disney princess has arrived*
Isla Caroline
October 22, 2013
SCDisneyMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: