Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 10:37 PM   #361
deanimal
DIS Veteran

No, I'd like a the hairstyles they do for little girls at the Harmony Barber Shop offered at BBB! So much nicer than those adult style up-do's.
deanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:03 PM   #362
hotcarib
DIS Veteran

It's not like you're sending your little girl to Bangkok
Oh my!!
LOL
I think a lot of moms pick up the outfits on ebay and the other bits at the dollar store

Last edited by hotcarib; 02-15-2013 at 11:49 PM.
hotcarib is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2013, 11:54 PM   #363
liljunebugs123
Earning My Ears

Dole whip float. Not sure if it was just that particular day, but it was quite bitter:/
liljunebugs123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:49 AM   #364
WaDiWo
WDWFan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob NC

Everybody likes different things and we're lucky that's the way it works.

If everybody liked citrus swirls they would cost $44.50 and you'd need an ADR to get one.
this! this is one of the funniest and truest things I've ever read on the boards. It should be posted on every thread, especially the ones that get out of hand.

My blog: I achieved my goal January 12, 2014! see how I did it: Couch to Goofy Marathon and a Half Challenge!
Hear my interview about achieving this goal on the Runner Academy Everyday Runners podcast.
My Castaway Cay 5k trip report HERE
Packing for a Disney Trip or Cruise? Check out my free ultimate packing (and to-do) list here.
WaDiWo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:37 AM   #365
wezee
Am I cheating on my husband, if I have dreams about Mickey Mouse?

MK! Maybe it's because we go without kids but 1/2 a day every 3 years is plenty.

Next Magical Moment: Sept. 2013
March 1995 Off site, Feb 2000 POFQ, March 2006 POFQ (25th Anniv.)March 2007 POFQ, Oct. 2007 POFQ, Sept. 2008 POFQ, Oct. 2009 POFQ, March 2010 POFQ,Sept 2010 POFQ, Feb 2011 POFQ, Oct. 2011 POFQ (30th Anniv.)., POFQ Sept 2012,
wezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:13 AM   #366
Tropical Wilds
The Command considers us a bunch of losers. But we’re gonna do it right this time, ’cause we’re the best. If we don’t... We’ll be drummed out of the corps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcarolinafan View Post
In appropriate makeup? You must go to a different WDW than I go to, because the BBB doesn't do inappropriate makeup. It's not like you're sending your little girl to Bangkok. If the BBB is not your thing, that's your business, but letting your little girl get dressed up and play make-believe while strolling the Magic Kingdom is hardly inappropriate.

You want to send little girls to the Harmony Barbershop to get the princess treatment?
I get the experience, I get why kids like to do it, I don't begrudge those that do it, but I agree with the PP. I don't think the hairstyles or makeup are at all flattering. I think the PP was stating more that the makeup and how it looks is age-inappropriate in some/many scenarios, not that the behavior itself or the activity itself is inappropriate.
11/1994 ~ CBR, 11/1996 ~ CBR, 11/1999 ~ Off-site (Grad Night!), 11/2007 ~ CBR, 9/2011 ~ ASMu, 1/2012 ~ POP, 10/2012 ~ POP, 1/2013 ~ Poly, 5/2013 ~ POP, 11/7/2013 ~ CBR Wine and Dine Half Marathon! 2/2014 ~ Poly Glass Slipper Challenge

Next trip: 11/2014 ~ Wine and Dine Half 5th Anniversary

°o°Find Me on Flickr°o°My Blog - The Disney Chef°o°
Tropical Wilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:31 AM   #367
World Showcaser
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by North of Mouse View Post
To those that kept saying that the turkey legs taste like ham, not turkey. Well, it's because it's smoked meat, that's why. Have you never seen *turkey ham* in the supermarket? Does real *pork* smoked (ham) taste like a pork roast? No, it doesn't because it's not the same meat when smoked. Not much of a mystery to me.
I've had plenty of smoked meat that doesn't taste like ham. I think you are saying that smoked meat will have a smokey flavour like ham does. Well, of course. But the meat itself should have a distinct flavour as well. I have had turkey legs outside of WDW that taste like smoked turkey while I find the ones inside WDW taste like ham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweettears View Post
I'm with you. If you have ever had a smoked pork chop it has a ham like flavor. For that matter so does smoked salmon.
I eat smoked salmon weekly and I have never had a piece of smoked salmon that tasted like ham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Wilds View Post
And I can't believe nobody talks about what a sweet little ride "Winne the Pooh" was.
What do you mean "was"? Is it not still there?
Old 02-16-2013, 07:43 AM   #368
lhermiston
Scare Floor Supervisor

The Tiki Birds. I'm pretty sure my 2012 unofficial guide highly recommended seeing that attraction, so we checked it out. My two six-year-olds liked it, but my wife and I were completely underwhelmed.
lhermiston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:44 AM   #369
k5thbeatle
DIS Veteran

Disney Dining Plan...free or otherwise. Worst idea Disney has ever come up with.

k5thbeatle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:41 AM   #370
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by k5thbeatle
Disney Dining Plan...free or otherwise. Worst idea Disney has ever come up with.
Agreed. The amount of people I have seen trying to eat a massive desert in the Earl Of Sandwich at lunch looking physically sick from food overload then getting any kinds of snacks to use up their points.....

Aint nobody got time for that...
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:52 AM   #371
melissarose
Mouseketeer

i don't get test track or soarin'. i'm not sure why so many people rave about them! the only good part of test track is the outside part, which doesn't last very long and you don't even go that fast. like 65 is the speed limit in some places. it would be way cooler if the whole ride was an outside track with twists, turns, and high speed, like 100 mph or something. soarin' is relaxing and cute but i would never wait in 120 minute lines or fastpass it over and over. it's just average. if someone told me i could never ride either of these rides again, i wouldn't be crushed.
melissarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:27 PM   #372
eastcarolinafan
When I put on my Mickey ears I can hear Small World.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
Aint nobody got time for that...
Ok, I'll take the bait.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po3jPq5LT0g

Ain't nobody got time for that.

2008, Carribbean Beach Resort (my first trip to WDW!; 2009, Port Orleans Riverside; 2012, Coranado Springs; and in 2014, Sophie's Polynesian extavaganza
eastcarolinafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:35 PM   #373
cceandme
Mouseketeer

Test Track. Just not impressed.

Me(Rhonda)38, Randy39 ,Chelsea 20, Cody 19 , Ethan 13 ,
Also at home a dog, a cat, a Macaw, a Ball python, a Leopard Gecko and a goldfish
cceandme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:01 PM   #374
ForMyBoys
Mouseketeer

Funny, I LOVE Soarin' and Test Track and DHS and Epcot. It proves we are all different

So for me the overrated thing is the MK. Its my least favorite park out of the 4. Maybe its cuz we have 3 boys and don't really care about princesses? Or maybe because it was so much more packed than the other parks? Who knows, but I can't imagine going to MK for two days over going to one of the other parks.

Also the its a small world ride was the worst! Halfway through it I wanted to jump out of the boat to make sure I didn't hear that song again. And the dolls kind of creep me out.

Oh, and I agree with a PP who said staying on site is overrated. I need to get away from crowds and I like having our own car. I also like to enjoy some alone time with my hubby after the kids go to bed. For us renting a house close by with its own pool is the way to go.
ForMyBoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:32 PM   #375
eastcarolinafan
When I put on my Mickey ears I can hear Small World.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForMyBoys View Post
So for me the overrated thing is the MK. Its my least favorite park out of the 4. Maybe its cuz we have 3 boys and don't really care about princesses? Or maybe because it was so much more packed than the other parks? Who knows, but I can't imagine going to MK for two days over going to one of the other parks.

Also the its a small world ride was the worst! Halfway through it I wanted to jump out of the boat to make sure I didn't hear that song again. And the dolls kind of creep me out.
Wow. I disagree with pretty much everything you just said. Your boys don't like MK because of princesses? Well, different strokes and all that. I'm not much into princesses myself, but I can find one or two other things in the Magic Kingdom that I can stomach. I start the day off with a ride on SM, move on to Buzz, hop over real quick to HM, or Big Thunder and then it's time for a turkey leg. it just shows to go ya. And, of course, I'm loopy for IASM. And that's really close to Peter Pan and then ... well, you get the idea.

2008, Carribbean Beach Resort (my first trip to WDW!; 2009, Port Orleans Riverside; 2012, Coranado Springs; and in 2014, Sophie's Polynesian extavaganza
eastcarolinafan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: