Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 02:34 PM   #346
Masonmj84
DIS Veteran

Downtown Disney - too much of a pain to get there and back and all it is is shops and restaurants, which all the parks and resorts already have in abundance.

Fantasmic - don't get me wrong, I thought it was an okay show but I'd never wait in a long line for it (we did it with the dinner package).

Coral Reef - can get a better view of the tank from the Seas exhibit, the staff is surly, and the food is no better than a bad Red Lobster.

Nemo ride - yes it's kind of cute but, overall, a yawner.

The design your own car part of Test Track - just slows down the ride and is meaningless as your design choices are irrelevant to the ride experience.

The Pirate Ship Slide at SAB - too much of a pain to walk over to where you get on it (actually have to walk across the main pedestrian path outside of the resort) and the bumps hurt my back.

Last edited by Masonmj84; 02-15-2013 at 04:20 PM.
Masonmj84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:16 PM   #347
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

Anything related to or to do with Winnie the Pooh?????

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2013, 04:18 PM   #348
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailing View Post
Oh my goodness, this thread was made for me! I enjoy Disney and go at least yearly, but I don't think it's the be all and end all of happiness. Even as a kid, I thought it was fun but didn't beg to go or anything. Nowadays, I appreciate Disney more for the details, the excellent theming, and the customer service/business side of things. A little touch of magic does slip in occasionally, so I'm not totally cynical, I promise!
My overrated factor was through the roof last trip, partially because of heightened expectations. Before our last trip, I did a lot of research for "the best of the best" in terms of food, attractions, tips, etc. and found myself disappointed.
  • New Fantasyland - or, as I like to call it, the alleyway behind Fantasyland. Enjoyed it (Be Our Guest and Little Mermaid ride were the highlights), but it was way overhyped by Disney.
  • Studio Backlot Tour - waste of TIME!
  • Animal Kingdom - like some of the rides and the concept, but the execution/theming, meh. It always feels dirty to me, too.
  • Camp Minnie-Mickey - Disney should have shelled out the $ to make this section of the park actually entertaining.
  • Parades - just don't get the craziness, except for the MSEP.
  • Families that wear matching t-shirts
  • BBB - those hairstyles look painful!
  • Vinylmation
  • Downtown Disney - would rather spend time in the parks.
  • Shopping at the park - I'm here for the park, not the stores.
  • Contemporary - that is one hideous resort!
  • Polynesian - visited this on our last trip prior to our meal at Ohana. I really expected a lot, considering how everyone loses their minds about it on here and I love Polynesian/tiki stuff, but found it dark and unimpressive.
  • Ohana - had really high expectations thanks to the raves on here, but our service was horribly rushed and it ruined the food and dining experience for me.
  • Cantina de San Angel - I'd rather not be harassed by wildlife while eating awful Mexican food, thanks.
  • Mickey ice cream bars - it's just a normal ice cream bar with a Mickey head!
  • Turkey legs - gross, how can you eat something with visible veins?
  • Refillable soda mugs
  • Making dining reservations 180 days in advance - I love planning my vacations, but this is crazy to me! Most of my Disney trips are last minute (thank you FL residency), so I'm never able to get a good reservation.
  • DDP - I'd love to do this just for the convenience of pre-paying and not having to worry about money in the parks, but I don't eat enough to make it worth it money-wise.
What do you really like?

Seems like vacationing *anywhere* else would be more enjoyable
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:35 PM   #349
Tropical Wilds
The Command considers us a bunch of losers. But we’re gonna do it right this time, ’cause we’re the best. If we don’t... We’ll be drummed out of the corps.

Overrated - The Lion King show. I don't get it. I find it to be, like, over-the-top boring. Same with the Nemo show. And TSM? Yeah, you all kill yourselves to get there, I'm going to walk on to ToT 5 or 6 times, then wander to RRC. And MSEP? It makes me miss Spectro. And I hate the new TT. And I don't get the whole Vinylmations thing.

Underrated - Captain Eo. That is the greatest 15 minute 4D movie of all time. I love, love, love that show and everything it stands for. That movie makes me so happy. The Nemo Ride... The first time I saw that, I was an adult, and the part where you see Dory and Nemo and Marlin, like, the real ones, in the tank with the real fish? That was a magic moment. It blew my mind. And I can't believe nobody talks about what a sweet little ride "Winne the Pooh" was. And the Mexican boat ride and Livin with the Land are like the best breaks to take on a ride, like, ever.
11/1994 ~ CBR, 11/1996 ~ CBR, 11/1999 ~ Off-site (Grad Night!), 11/2007 ~ CBR, 9/2011 ~ ASMu, 1/2012 ~ POP, 10/2012 ~ POP, 1/2013 ~ Poly, 5/2013 ~ POP, 11/7/2013 ~ CBR Wine and Dine Half Marathon! 2/2014 ~ Poly Glass Slipper Challenge

Next trip: 11/2014 ~ Wine and Dine Half 5th Anniversary

°o°Find Me on Flickr°o°My Blog - The Disney Chef°o°
Tropical Wilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:44 PM   #350
deanimal
DIS Veteran

Another vote for the BBB. Fifty bucks to get your adorable little girl tarted up like those poor kids on Toddlers and Tiaras? Two hundred if you wanted the outfit you could buy somewhere else for a lot less? I have a four year old DD who's totally into princesses, but I would never even consider going there. Now if only they had an option to do a cute little girl hairdo with sparkles like you can get at the Harmony Barber Shop so we could get the whole princess treatment without the painful looking hairdo and inappropriate makeup.
deanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:46 PM   #351
Tropical Wilds
The Command considers us a bunch of losers. But we’re gonna do it right this time, ’cause we’re the best. If we don’t... We’ll be drummed out of the corps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanimal View Post
Another vote for the BBB. Fifty bucks to get your adorable little girl tarted up like those poor kids on Toddlers and Tiaras? Two hundred if you wanted the outfit you could buy somewhere else for a lot less? I have a four year old DD who's totally into princesses, but I would never even consider going there. Now if only they had an option to do a cute little girl hairdo with sparkles like you can get at the Harmony Barber Shop so we could get the whole princess treatment without the painful looking hairdo and inappropriate makeup.
OMG, totally forgot about BBB. That's right at the top of my overrated list.
11/1994 ~ CBR, 11/1996 ~ CBR, 11/1999 ~ Off-site (Grad Night!), 11/2007 ~ CBR, 9/2011 ~ ASMu, 1/2012 ~ POP, 10/2012 ~ POP, 1/2013 ~ Poly, 5/2013 ~ POP, 11/7/2013 ~ CBR Wine and Dine Half Marathon! 2/2014 ~ Poly Glass Slipper Challenge

Next trip: 11/2014 ~ Wine and Dine Half 5th Anniversary

°o°Find Me on Flickr°o°My Blog - The Disney Chef°o°
Tropical Wilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:55 PM   #352
Victoria3
DIS Veteran

Soarin'
Dining Plan
MSEP
Turkey Legs
Old 02-15-2013, 05:22 PM   #353
Diznygrl
Disneyland Fanatic
But really, let's get real. I've never met a donut I didn't like

Topics like these can go on and on until every single thing at WDW is mentioned. If it exists, chances are someone out there doesn't like it.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:03 PM   #354
rustyanchor
Mouseketeer

Dole Whip - It's not the worst thing ever, but I didn't like the artificial aftertaste. I doubt I will get it again after trying it once.

Finding Nemo the Musical - Hated it. I thought the singing was annoying and found the show as a whole to be really boring. My boyfriend and I contemplated walking out a few times, but managed to stick it out. (However, I LOVE Festival of the Lion King!)

Soarin' - I like it okay, but I don't get the hype and especially not the ridiculously long wait times. It just reminds me of an IMAX movie or something.

Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin - This was such a letdown. TSMM is 1000x better! I even prefer the Universal counterpart to Buzz, Men in Black Alien Attack.

Cosmic Ray's - We found the food here to be bland and barely edible. I always read that they have good burgers, but for us? Not so much.
rustyanchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:30 PM   #355
jenndisney
Is this a tag? Am I dreaming? Someone pinch me!

Our family hates Kali ride at animal kingdom....we never get wet and the theming is boring. We ride it each trip just in case we might get wet, but not a drop.....

Dec, 2008 - WDW, July, 2005 - WDW, July, 2004 - DL, June, 2003 - WDW, July, 2002 - DL

jenndisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:54 PM   #356
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenndisney View Post
Our family hates Kali ride at animal kingdom....we never get wet and the theming is boring. We ride it each trip just in case we might get wet, but not a drop.....
LOL We *don't* ride each trip anymore because we *do* get soaked, and I can't stand being wet, and still tour the parks!
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:00 PM   #357
Kellykins1218
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'd love to know how you've managed that. We've never gotten off without all of us being totally soaked. We always make it our last ride because we know we'll have to go change.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:23 PM   #358
imLissy
Mouseketeer

I'm with most of you on Soarin'. My mom likes it. It's ok, but only marginally more evicting than Living with the land which she also likes.
Also the parades minus MSEP

I get the Turkey legs because I loved them when I was a kid, but I'm not used to eating food like that anymore and last time I had one my thoughts were along the lines of, blarg uck, I think I'm going to be sick.

Dole whips are OK, I prefer real ice cream

I love downtown Disney, but I love shopping.
imLissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:02 PM   #359
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"

Quote:
We got stuck on it for back to back rides. Totally drenched both times

Edit: not a drop on Splash Mountain though
Old 02-15-2013, 10:30 PM   #360
eastcarolinafan
When I put on my Mickey ears I can hear Small World.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanimal View Post
In appropriate makeup? You must go to a different WDW than I go to, because the BBB doesn't do inappropriate makeup. It's not like you're sending your little girl to Bangkok. If the BBB is not your thing, that's your business, but letting your little girl get dressed up and play make-believe while strolling the Magic Kingdom is hardly inappropriate.

You want to send little girls to the Harmony Barbershop to get the princess treatment?

2008, Carribbean Beach Resort (my first trip to WDW!; 2009, Port Orleans Riverside; 2012, Coranado Springs; and in 2014, Sophie's Polynesian extavaganza
eastcarolinafan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: