Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2013, 08:13 PM   #331
huhwhat
Mouseketeer

the new location of the flying dumbos !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PoP 2010,2011,2011
WDL 2008
huhwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:27 PM   #332
Phdmama06
DIS Veteran

There isn't much for me, really. I'm not sure about Peter Pan...the wait is usually so long and the ride is so short. Don't get me wrong, it's a cute ride, but I'm not sure why people flock to it like they do. On the fence about AK. I feel like we can do it in half a day so we only usually go if we have a park hopper...and sometimes not even then! I think it is the prettiest park though.
Phdmama06 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2013, 08:28 PM   #333
Phdmama06
DIS Veteran

Oh and the new imagination and memo ride in EPCOT!
Phdmama06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:37 PM   #334
Sweettears
50 years of Disney and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by North of Mouse View Post
I'm so glad I have very few things at WDW that I do not *get*. It's just such a magical place to me and my family.

To those that kept saying that the turkey legs taste like ham, not turkey.
Well, it's because it's smoked meat, that's why. Have you never seen *turkey ham* in the supermarket? Does real *pork* smoked (ham) taste like a pork roast? No, it doesn't because it's not the same meat when smoked. Not much of a mystery to me.
I'm with you. If you have ever had a smoked pork chop it has a ham like flavor. For that matter so does smoked salmon.
Sweettears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:50 PM   #335
ebtbmom
DIS Veteran

TSMM, gives me whiplash, and I suck at it! I will skip it unless DS is with me.
11/2004 1st trip, ASM,11/2006 2nd trip, POP,6/2008 day trip DLR,11/2008 3rd trip, POP,1/2010 DLR at DLH!,1/2011 1st solo POFQ, 11/2011 POR, 3/2012 B-day trip! 10/2012 POP, 6/2013 day trip DLP 11/2013 POP 2/2014 CSR 2nd solo!

ebtbmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:14 PM   #336
eastcarolinafan
When I put on my Mickey ears I can hear Small World.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailing View Post
Oh my goodness, this thread was made for me! I enjoy Disney and go at least yearly, but I don't think it's the be all and end all of happiness.
New Fantasyland - or, as I like to call it, the alleyway behind Fantasyland. Enjoyed it (Be Our Guest and Little Mermaid ride were the highlights), but it was way overhyped by Disney.
  • Studio Backlot Tour - waste of TIME!
  • Animal Kingdom - like some of the rides and the concept, but the execution/theming, meh. It always feels dirty to me, too.
  • Camp Minnie-Mickey - Disney should have shelled out the $ to make this section of the park actually entertaining.
  • Parades - just don't get the craziness, except for the MSEP.
  • Families that wear matching t-shirts
  • BBB - those hairstyles look painful!
  • Vinylmation
  • Downtown Disney - would rather spend time in the parks.
  • Shopping at the park - I'm here for the park, not the stores.
  • Contemporary - that is one hideous resort!
  • Polynesian - visited this on our last trip prior to our meal at Ohana. I really expected a lot, considering how everyone loses their minds about it on here and I love Polynesian/tiki stuff, but found it dark and unimpressive.
  • Ohana - had really high expectations thanks to the raves on here, but our service was horribly rushed and it ruined the food and dining experience for me.
  • Cantina de San Angel - I'd rather not be harassed by wildlife while eating awful Mexican food, thanks.
  • Mickey ice cream bars - it's just a normal ice cream bar with a Mickey head!
  • Turkey legs - gross, how can you eat something with visible veins?
  • Refillable soda mugs
  • Making dining reservations 180 days in advance - I love planning my vacations, but this is crazy to me! Most of my Disney trips are last minute (thank you FL residency), so I'm never able to get a good reservation.
  • DDP - I'd love to do this just for the convenience of pre-paying and not having to worry about money in the parks, but I don't eat enough to make it worth it money-wise.
Hmmmm. Maybe you could add at least one or two things you LIKE about WDW?

2008, Carribbean Beach Resort (my first trip to WDW!; 2009, Port Orleans Riverside; 2012, Coranado Springs; and in 2014, Sophie's Polynesian extavaganza
eastcarolinafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:34 PM   #337
eastcarolinafan

Quote:
Originally Posted by texstout View Post
I openly admit, there is a lot about Disney World that I don't yet 'get'. ... That said.... I am sooo excited to go to DisneyWorld this April with my kids. I even made them countdown calendars for Valentine's Day and they got cards from Mickey. I can't wait to see the joy in their eyes.

I kind of hope that I am bitten by the Disney bug when we go - I know my extended family is - and we are good friends with CMs....but regardless, this trip isn't about me (or my DH) -- this trip is about spending time with the kids and hopefully a little pixie dust magic.

Things I totally get...but aren't for me:
- wearing matching clothes as a family
- fanny packs
- turkey legs
- Mission space (I'm too clausterphobic)
Oh, my friend, you are setting yourself up for a bug bite like you've never seen! You don't even know that you're already half way to becoming a total DISer, do you? It's written all over you. I've seen that look many times. It's cool, though. It doesn't hurt at all. Well, it hurts a little when it's time to check out, but likely you'll have that Bounce Back all taken care of by then, so the pain will be minimalized.

You've made calendars? They got cards from Mickey? You can't wait to see the look in their eyes???? Dude, give in to it. You are hooked and you don't even know it! Of course this trip isn't about you, but you are a big part of this trip and you need to realize that. I used to think like you, that these trips weren't really for me, they were for my kid, but then I started to really pay attention to what my kid was telling me.

Turns out, these trips really are about me ... and her ... and her mom ... and a mouse. You really are a part of the whole thing, so get that through your mellon right now! WDW is great. It's a lot of fun. But a trip to WDW with YOU is a huge deal to your kids, or your grandkids, or whomever you are with.

Finally, let me add that, as crazy for WDW as I am, I will NEVER get into the matching clothes or fanny packs. That's not how this Disney Dad rolls. However, Give me a dad gum turkey leg and a seat on the next flight out of Mission Space and I am good to go!

You've been reeled in and you don't even know it yet.
Can't wait to hear your trip report.

2008, Carribbean Beach Resort (my first trip to WDW!; 2009, Port Orleans Riverside; 2012, Coranado Springs; and in 2014, Sophie's Polynesian extavaganza
Old 02-14-2013, 11:08 PM   #338
eastcarolinafan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
If I am honest its a small world kind of freaks me out lol. BBB, Turkey legs. So seeing a girl dressed from the BBB eating a turkey leg on its a small world would have me in therapy for months lol.
Shoot, Paula! In my house, we call that Day One! You better call yourself an ambulance.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:52 AM   #339
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcarolinafan
Shoot, Paula! In my house, we call that Day One! You better call yourself an ambulance.
Lol loving it! Love your picture! Help cure my phobia :-) so cute!
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:12 AM   #340
eastcarolinafan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psav74 View Post
"Magical"

Seriously its a theme park, there's nothing "magical" about rude people, long lines and overpriced crappy food.

Cast members are nothing like they were in the past. I've seen some act worse than some of the people at the park.
So then why do you keep going back?

Old 02-15-2013, 05:17 AM   #341
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

I don't get what people don't get about Disney lol...so many people say to me 'going again...' Or 'don't you get bored'. Bored? I cant sleep for 2 weeks before we arrive out of excitement and I am 41!
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:36 AM   #342
dolphindan1
What is a Tag?
dang no TAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisGirl819 View Post
DHS, overall, it is not a park we go to often We've been once in four trips and were underwhelmed by things to do there. We are trying it again this time if we can somehow snag TSM FPs.
agreed...I just dont get DHS...I am usually ready to leave soon as I walk in...

Soarin, IMHO is the absolue best ride at Disney...I love everything about it
Old 02-15-2013, 05:43 AM   #343
dolphindan1
What is a Tag?
dang no TAG

I havent read every post...

I could careless about any of the night time parades at MK...I have tried them several times but just cant get into them...really any parade...But I really do like the AK parade
Old 02-15-2013, 10:11 AM   #344
eastcarolinafan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphindan1 View Post
agreed...I just dont get DHS...I am usually ready to leave soon as I walk in... Soarin, IMHO is the absolue best ride at Disney...I love everything about it
I can't write off DHS entirely. There is a lot about it that I do like; however, Hollywood has little to do with what I like, short of the Tower of Terror, which is based on the Twilight Zone thing.

I do love RR and I do love TT. Also, Star Tours is a fun ride. The GMR can fall off the face of the earth, as far as I'm concerned. I don't like anything about it, except that I can take a nap on the ride. And of course, they put TSM in there to keep people coming back.

I'm with you about Soarin'. I think it's just a great ride, but they need to do a little maintenance to that big screen. There are noticable nicks in it. But overall, I love the ride and it's an absolute must-do everytime we go, regardless of wait times. I do wish they would make it 3-D.

Old 02-15-2013, 10:40 AM   #345
ammag
DIS Veteran

We were not impressed with soarin (seeing the corners of the screen and then feet above me ruined the experience)

Food at Mk in particular, hoping the new fl places are better. We did like the CRT lunch, my meal was better than I expected but the kids meal choices were awful..in order to get the cute cupcake we had to get the icky pizza. My daughter wanted one of the other meals but not a yogurt parfait. I was bummed to pay s much for gros pizza. However she had an amazing time, it was worth it.

Dole whips

Beauty and the best show at days. I've seen better college productions...the other shows we saw were so good I expected more.

Nostalgia is the only explanatn Icahn think to explain the Peter Pan lines. We were glad we walked on.

I am surprised people do not like Dino land. My daughter loves Dinosaurs, we had a lot of fun. Skipped the games, the boneyard was a lovely break!

Some things we were surprised that we and our 5 year old loved? Spaceship earth, the land, Tom Sayers island( to let the kids run around). The meal we liked most was tusker house, the food was fantastic, characters so much fun. She also loved visiting the world showcase!

I was surprised how much the adults loved the vacation...not really Disney people before, but we completely loved it and are going back next year for a short trip.
ammag is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: