Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 10:43 AM   #286
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUfan4444

It's a totally overrated snack form Norway.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/trave...,5433641.photo
I see thank you. So this September this thread has got me thinking I must try..school bread and dole whip to see if I rate it or hate it! The jury is still out...
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:47 AM   #287
LSUfan4444
DIS Veteran

There are plenty of better pastries available in my opinion, but if you want to try it, try and find at least one other person to split it with you.

LSUfan4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2013, 10:53 AM   #288
Paula Sedley-Burke

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUfan4444
There are plenty of better pastries available in my opinion, but if you want to try it, try and find at least one other person to split it with you.
Good tip. The Lefous brew in the new FantasyLand was amazing. I almost forgave the pork shanks being introduced there. I thought I was safe out of tomorrowland to not see a turkey leg type thing ( apart from when I have shorts on lol ) . But one sip of Le Fou and I was happy..
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Old 02-13-2013, 11:13 AM   #289
froggy922
Mouseketeer

The GF. Oh, yes, it's grand, and it's floridian, but to me it's one of those places that's nice to visit, but not to stay. We are are very laid back, casual family, so it seems "stuffy" to us. Every time I visit, I admit that I do gasp in awe of the immense beatuy, but then a moment later I feel like a turd in a punch bowl.
froggy922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:42 AM   #290
Nixie
DIS Veteran

Soarin - It totally did not live up to the hype. It was one of those, okay we did it, but don't have to do it again, rides for us.

Unfortunately Epcot, as a whole park, is getting that way for us. It would be a half day park for us. If the WS opened earlier, I am sure that it could be a half day park for us. We ride TT, Nemo, Turtle Talk, maybe Figment, maybe Living with the Land, and we are done with FW. The WS entertainers are fun, but not much else to do but shop and eat.

Fantasmic - It was a beautiful show, but don't feel the need to see it everytime we go. Once was probably enough. Don't feel like it is in the same league as Illuminations or Wishes.

Hollywood Brown Derby - I don't understand why it is a 2 credit siggie resturant. We had better 1 credit resturants. There was nothing signature about the whole experience. No special ambience. No higher quality food. It was all just blah.

Cinderella's Table - It was fun. Glad we got to eat in the castle once. Won't do it again. Food was okay. Ambience okay. Characters okay.

O'hana - Quality has fallen. Not the same experience as 2 years ago. Food was blah. Yea, there is alot of it, but doesn't make up for medicore quality.

The New Fantasyland - Sorry, I know it is only "half" done, but it is waaaay over hyped. The area ,as it sits right now, is small, disjointed, and crowded. It totally feels half finished.

Nixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:44 AM   #291
Pumbaa7287
I am the great Stone Dragon!
You may ask why someone would want to inflict that kind of pain on themselves

Overrated:
-Dole Whips (although with all the people slamming them in this thread, they may be getting underrated again)
-Soarin'
-Tough to be a Bug
-TSMM (I like it, but I don't wait more than 20 minutes for anything)

Underrated
-Captain EO (I can't help it, the unintentional comedy factor is amazing)
-MuppetVision 3D
-Pork Shanks at Gaston's
-Walking Trails at AK

Kungaloosh!

Oh the places you'll go:
Animal Kingdom Lodge, Beach Club, Old Key West, Wilderness Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Port Orleans Resort, Saratoga Springs, All-Star Movies, Pop Century

And miles to go before I sleep:
Boardwalk Inn, Contemporary, Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Yacht Club, All-Star Music, All-Star Sports, Art of Animation

10 down, 8 to go!
Pumbaa7287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:50 AM   #292
PictureJumpr
At Least 'til it Rains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumbaa7287 View Post
Underrated
-Captain EO (I can't help it, the unintentional comedy factor is amazing)
-MuppetVision 3D
-Pork Shanks at Gaston's
-Walking Trails at AK
I totally agree with all of these - well, except the pork shank part, haven't tried one of those yet.

I find both EO and the Muppets hilarious.
I also have to sit at Cosmic Ray's until Sonny gets through the Gravity Song, no matter where we came in on his set.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:18 PM   #293
Paula Sedley-Burke

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggy922
The GF. Oh, yes, it's grand, and it's floridian, but to me it's one of those places that's nice to visit, but not to stay. We are are very laid back, casual family, so it seems "stuffy" to us. Every time I visit, I admit that I do gasp in awe of the immense beatuy, but then a moment later I feel like a turd in a punch bowl.
Yes one of the CM showed us one of the rooms because it was my dream to stay there one time. I was really disappointed! They looked tired and dated. We did not book but prefer to stay at our beloved SSR! However the lobby etc is amazing. Don't know if we were just shown a duff room but they really did not much the look of the place from the outside, the lobby and the price!

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Old 02-13-2013, 12:27 PM   #294
jgh
Peter Pan!

Parades. We've never been a parade-watching-family. We always prefer to ride the rides during parade time!

Also...I LOVE Duffy! I can't believe so many people are saying that they don't understand him!! I have two of them (one is technically a "pre-Duffy" bear that I got in 2003, but he looks the same, just a different color) & one is just a regular Duffy from 2014. I think they're adorable little bears.

jgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:01 PM   #295
DizFanSLD
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggy922 View Post
This cracked me up - I TOTALLY agree! I love to look around, but can't imagine spending so much money to stay at a resort that makes me feel like I'm about to be thrown out of a country club for violating the dress code!
Old 02-13-2013, 01:10 PM   #296
yost1931
Earning My Ears

Le Cellier - 2 credits? It was not even the best TS meal we had this last time. My husband and I both put it 6th out of 7 restaurants visited. Let down!

The "New" Test Track - no story, not as good.

Zebra Domes - not sure what i expected but they were gross.

Peter Pan's Flight - why the wait times. It's not that great.

Enchanted Tales with Belle - thought it would be magical. It's just a really long, drawn out meet and greet and half the kids don't even get to participate. Why is everyone killing eachother at rope drop to get there?
yost1931 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:32 PM   #297
ChristaDeVil
DIS Veteran

Zebra domes. I'm not a fan. I just didn't get it.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:05 PM   #298
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bytheblood View Post
No, but it is new and will be all the hype for a while. It is a cult, as somebody else mentioned.... there was the "I gotta get Le Cellier" cult and now there is one for Be Our Guest.
Well, the *cult* for Le Cellier never drew us in - never ate there, never have desired to, but we did go to BOG twice on our trip for lunch in early Dec. for the braised pork (yummy), but only waited in line for 15min. once, 25min. second time. Will only go on week days, and also have no desire to make dinner ressies there. We cancelled ours that trip, decided we liked lunch better.
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:12 PM   #299
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizFanSLD View Post
This cracked me up - I TOTALLY agree! I love to look around, but can't imagine spending so much money to stay at a resort that makes me feel like I'm about to be thrown out of a country club for violating the dress code!
LOL, us too. I sometimes feel like I should hold my nose a little higher when I walk through the door! But, I understand, to each their own. It is a beautiful hotel - just not our type to relax in.
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:19 PM   #300
Paula Sedley-Burke

Quote:
Originally Posted by North of Mouse

LOL, us too. I sometimes feel like I should hold my nose a little higher when I walk through the door! But, I understand, to each their own. It is a beautiful hotel - just not our type to relax in.
Our rule is no food court I am way out of my depth lol. Love my food court! Fancy them thinking its a treat to take it away!

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: