Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2013, 04:12 PM   #196
wdw4rfam
DIS Veteran

Turkey leg, definately. Looked good, got one....ewwww. Threw it away.

Akershus- worst food ever

Kilimanjaro Safari- Didnt see any animals and way more bumpy of a ride than I expected.

2014 CSR-11 days**2013-POR 12 days**2012- POR- 9 days**2011- All Star Music-10 days** 2010- POFQ- 10 days** 2009- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2008- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2006- Pop Cent.- 7 days** AllStar Movies 7 days** 2004-Fl Resident....too many to list** 2003-Grosvenor** 2002- All star movies- 5 days
wdw4rfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:14 PM   #197
DeeCeeSW
DIS Veteran

The Great Movie Ride. Needs updating AND NOW! I like Dole Whip Floats but not the Dole Whip on it's own. Don't understand the popularity of Zebra Domes or the Oreo Bonbons (formerly at Cape May). Le Cellier (overpriced and nothing special) and Illuminations (change it already!!!)
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2013, 04:40 PM   #198
DizzneyDi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::danielle:: View Post
I guess I expected it to be more of an experience. Many cities have outdoor dining and shopping areas but there are neat little pockets of entertainment that make it enjoyable; a talented guy singing with an acoustic guitar, the street kids who perform a break dance routine, a fountain that is choreographed to music. Something less contrived and grand than the parks, more bohemian if you will (except for a choreographed fountain - that's pretty contrived )
Go at night. Last time we were there we encountered living statues, bands/combos/lone guitar players, a major hula hoop contest and an awesome guy who played a didgeridoo! Not sure you can get more bohemian than that!

You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus -- Mark Twain

DizzneyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:55 PM   #199
eastcarolinafan
When I put on my Mickey ears I can hear Small World.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimley1968 View Post
I think the previous poster was referring to the giant pickle not being sold at WDW, not the turkey legs.
Ahhhhh! The ol' dangling modifier stikes again! Thanks for the clarification.

2008, Carribbean Beach Resort (my first trip to WDW!; 2009, Port Orleans Riverside; 2012, Coranado Springs; and in 2014, Sophie's Polynesian extavaganza
eastcarolinafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:14 PM   #200
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Mine are LeCellier and Dole Whips.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:17 PM   #201
jrtoastyman
Purveyor of Fine Latex Products

This has less to do with the parks than the Disney community in general, but I do not understand any part of the immensely detailed trip reports that people put out. You can tell that people put an enormous amount of time and effort into compiling them, which I did not understand at all until I noticed that these trip reports are some of the most active threads on these boards, so clearly, there's an audience for it -- which I understand even less. Seems to me to be kinda like when you go over to a friend's house and they start showing you all of their vacation photos. Not a fan.

Then again, I don't really get scrapbooking either, and these trip reports could be viewed as a more high tech, social version of that hobby.

Anyway, to each their own, I'm certainly not going to go into that forum and harp on people for participating in it, but I personally do not see the draw.

Owner since June 2011

Upcoming: BLT (Jan 2015) - DLR (July 2014)
DLR (May 2014) - BLT (Dec 2013) - Dolphin (May 2013) - BLT (Jan 2013) - BLT (Jan 2012) - Polynesian (June 2011 + UO/IOA) - Swan (Jan 2007) - Port Orleans French Quarter (Dec 1993) - Off-site (1986)
jrtoastyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:24 PM   #202
eastcarolinafan

Quote:
Originally Posted by North of Mouse View Post
The great part of this is that no one, and I mean no one, *has* to even eat any meat. *But* the ones that love one, or all of them, can have all they want. At least, to me, the servers have always been very attentive, and considerate. Some have posted on other threads that they never came around. Wasn't our experience.
I feel you! I am an Ohana's nut. Mo meat, mo better! And the servers are hilarious. Direct quote from our waiter to me and two other guys at our table.

"Ok, cousins, we got a lot of food coming, so you need to be ready. Oh, and we have vegetables too, if you want them." He read that table right.

I've been to WDW three times and gone to Ohana's each time. It's a must-do. I don't know the name of the lady who plays the piano and sings -- my wife calls her the Pacific-Rim Charo -- but she is great and adds to an already fun atmosphere.

I love the place and I love the food.

2008, Carribbean Beach Resort (my first trip to WDW!; 2009, Port Orleans Riverside; 2012, Coranado Springs; and in 2014, Sophie's Polynesian extavaganza
Old 02-11-2013, 05:30 PM   #203
eastcarolinafan

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggy922 View Post
Refillable Mugs...especially for those on the DDP. You already get your beverage with you meal, so when, excatly are you supposed to use them? I'm certainly not going to fill it before (or when I return) to/from a park and carry the thing all day. I supposed for those not on DDP, its a good deal if you drink a lot of soda, but it seems like a lot of hassel to lug it around and all that walking to your resort food court just to get a drink.
Depends on where you are staying at the resort. I always get the mug. It just makes sense when you want to spend a day at the pool or an evening roasting marshmallows at the fire pit. I also abuse the darn thing in the morning. I must have about five mugs of coffee just to get out the door, so, for me it works well. I don't actually take it to the parks, and I don't know of anybody who does. In fact, I don't think you can use it in the parks. I may be wrong, but I agree, taking it to a park is more hassle than it would be worth. Anyway, it doesn't work for you, but it works like a champ for us. Different strokes.

Old 02-11-2013, 05:30 PM   #204
DeeCeeSW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcarolinafan View Post
don't know the name of the lady who plays the piano and sings -- my wife calls her the Pacific-Rim Charo -- but she is great and adds to an already fun atmosphere.
Hysterical! Very accurate description.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:53 PM   #205
AuroraMeansDawn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttintagel View Post
I love watching little girls rock the second and third day of a BBB hairdo. They start to look like tiny demented killer ballerinas, and it's absolutely adorable.
HA!

I never had to deal with this with my kids and I think if we had I'd have bought the dress at home. I just can't imagine spending 189.00 on a costume and sparkly hair.
Nov 1991 Offsite - June 1997 Disneyland Paris - May 1999 Dixie Landings - Alligator Bayou - May 2000 Dixie Landings - Alligator Bayou - December 2008 - Animal Kingdom Lodge November 2010 POFQ - 25th Wedding Anniversary SSR with my Prince Charming - April 2011 - March 2013 Graduation Trip for my Boy at POFQ
AuroraMeansDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:02 PM   #206
pmaurer74
DIS Veteran

Duffy
Turkey Legs
GF - 3/12
SSR/VWL - 6/12
BC CL - 6/13
WL - 12/13
WL - 12/14
pmaurer74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:11 PM   #207
candiemonster
Earning My Ears

Vinylmation. What do you do with it?
Old 02-11-2013, 07:15 PM   #208
casanova5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by candiemonster
Vinylmation. What do you do with it?
I agree
Old 02-11-2013, 07:22 PM   #209
codfishy
Earning My Ears

Last edited by codfishy; 02-11-2013 at 07:30 PM.
codfishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:22 PM   #210
DreamBigLiveGrand
Earning My Ears

While this might not really be my opinion since I have never ate there but my family does not enjoy Ohana and does not get the hype about it. My family does not enjoy the meat their mainly but they also aren't thrilled about the family style.
DreamBigLiveGrand is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: