Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2013, 02:04 PM   #181
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=blessedby3;47470958]
Quote:
Originally Posted by North of Mouse View Post

Not an exaggeration....maybe not worded correctly. They look "wet" and slimey to me, and people are pulling the meat off in strips...ugghh, I dont have great words to describe it (sorry).
I agree that everything is not for everyone, but I thought that is what this thread was for...to tell what one person does not "get" that everyone likes. Hence the reason I posted the yucky looking turkey legs And nope, I will never try one...cant get past the "look" of them
*Peace* LOL. After thinking about it, guess some people that go around gnawing on them can make them look a little gross . We usually find a place to sit and use a knife for most of it. People aren't looking at us in disgust, so I guess we don't make it look too bad.

And, you're absolutely right, this thread is all about what an *individual* doesn't like
North of Mouse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:11 PM   #182
Sydnerella
enough is as good as a feast

Dole Whip yuk!

sorry

October 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside, March 2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter, February 2011 -Carribean Beach, March 2010 - VRBO House, April 2008 - VRBO House, March 2006 - Celebration
Sydnerella is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2013, 02:17 PM   #183
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Mickey waffles.
All the ones I've ever eaten have been dry, and they're so small!
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:21 PM   #184
delaneyc52
First trip 1971...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::danielle:: View Post
I thought I was the only one! It's just shops and restaurants. I guess I expected more.
Agree.....it use to be more before then leveled Pleasure Island

Contemporary; Caribbean Beach; Coronado Springs: Polynesian; Wilderness Lodge; Animal Kingdom Jambo; Animal Kingdom Kidani; Boardwalk; Beach Club; Port Orleans; Saratoga Springs; Old Key West; Grand Floridian; Bay Lake Towers; Vero Beach; Hilton Head
delaneyc52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:24 PM   #185
peanut1967
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain View Post
Mickey waffles.
All the ones I've ever eaten have been dry, and they're so small!
Ditto, dont get it apart from the fact its shaped like a mickey head, oohh I thought of something else, this may cause flames Mickey bar, in the UK we have magnums and they are much nicer, once again me thinks its the shape that causes the fuss....sorry
2009 2 weeks in Villa and Week at AKL CL...WOW
2012 3 weeks OKW our adoption celebration.

peanut1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:33 PM   #186
rrali33tt
Mouseketeer

Totally Overrated:

Soarin..I was glad I had a FP for this ride, otherwise I would have been really upset waiting so long for such a big let down. It was a snoozefest.

Hollywood Brown Derby - worst disney food I have ever had (except for the cobb salad which people rave about, that was the only part of my meal I really liked).

Journey of the Little Mermaid - The Little Mermaid is my all time favorite Disney movie and I was very dissapointed with this ride. You could see the bars that hold up the anamatronics, the "under the sea" section could have been so much better, and its too bright on the ride in gerneral and its supposed to be a "dark ride".

Peter Pan's flight...I am still in awe of why the wait times for this ride are sooo long. The only thing I can come up with is that people who are there with very young children have less ride options than others and this ride has no height requirement.

--one thing that people rave about which is incredible--the carrot cake cookie @ the writers stop @HS!!! YUMMM

rrali33tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:39 PM   #187
Mrs Eeyore
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by North of Mouse View Post
The great part of this is that no one, and I mean no one, *has* to even eat any meat. *But* the ones that love one, or all of them, can have all they want. At least, to me, the servers have always been very attentive, and considerate. Some have posted on other threads that they never came around. Wasn't our experience.
Nor mine, LOL! I'm not a big meat eater so it was simply the wrong restaurant for me. I would have enjoyed tasting a little bit of each meat course, but I was a newbie and didn't know what had signed on for. So I filled up on whatever it was that arrived first, nibbled the second item and then I was done. And then it just kept coming! The servers were *very* attentive. But I envied my daughter's vegetarian meal and would probably order that if we went there again. But we won't because it just wasn't our cuppa tea.
Mrs Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:02 PM   #188
LCoulter
Whoah Mouse

Turkey leg - DH and I bought one, we each took a bite and tossed it in the nearest garbage can...yuck...didn't like the flavor or texture.

Dining plan/free dining - we used to like Disney food but I think it has gone down hill since they started this. Also, I hate the idea of being tied down to eating to "get my moneys worth" and to ADR's, depending on what plan you get.

IllumiNations

I don't get waiting in a long line for Soarin or Toy Story Mania - I like both but would rather skip them then wait in a long line.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:03 PM   #189
PictureJumpr
At Least 'til it Rains

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrali33tt View Post
Peter Pan's flight...I am still in awe of why the wait times for this ride are sooo long. The only thing I can come up with is that people who are there with very young children have less ride options than others and this ride has no height requirement.
In defense of Peter Pan, it is not a "people-eater" like other rides - its capacity is very, very low compared to most others. Think about how slowly it moves once you're inside the show, that there is only one seat and at most three people can fit in one ship, and then remember that the ships are kept at some distance apart - they don't buzz through there within inches of each other like the cars in omnimover-type dark rides.

So the number of bodies that can experience Peter Pan in a given period of time is much smaller than its neighbors like small world (where the boats are slow but have a huge per-boat seating capacity), Pooh (where the cars each have two rows so double the capacity and are dispatched closer together and move faster through the ride), and Haunted Mansion (where the doombuggies are similarly sized but very close together).

I kind of get the lines on this one, it is a classic and quinessential Disney attraction, but just not able to handle the volume to keep up in today's attendance levels. I am not really sure the lines here are due to hype so much as design. I don't know many folks who emphatically state that Peter Pan's Flight is an absolute must-do along the lines of Soarin or Toy Story Mania.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:25 PM   #190
froggy922
Mouseketeer

Refillable Mugs...especially for those on the DDP. You already get your beverage with you meal, so when, excatly are you supposed to use them? I'm certainly not going to fill it before (or when I return) to/from a park and carry the thing all day. I supposed for those not on DDP, its a good deal if you drink a lot of soda, but it seems like a lot of hassel to lug it around and all that walking to your resort food court just to get a drink.
froggy922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:29 PM   #191
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PictureJumpr View Post
In defense of Peter Pan, it is not a "people-eater" like other rides - its capacity is very, very low compared to most others. Think about how slowly it moves once you're inside the show, that there is only one seat and at most three people can fit in one ship, and then remember that the ships are kept at some distance apart - they don't buzz through there within inches of each other like the cars in omnimover-type dark rides.

So the number of bodies that can experience Peter Pan in a given period of time is much smaller than its neighbors like small world (where the boats are slow but have a huge per-boat seating capacity), Pooh (where the cars each have two rows so double the capacity and are dispatched closer together and move faster through the ride), and Haunted Mansion (where the doombuggies are similarly sized but very close together).

I kind of get the lines on this one, it is a classic and quinessential Disney attraction, but just not able to handle the volume to keep up in today's attendance levels. I am not really sure the lines here are due to hype so much as design. I don't know many folks who emphatically state that Peter Pan's Flight is an absolute must-do along the lines of Soarin or Toy Story Mania.
I agree about why the lines for Peter Pan are really so long. But, it's a must do for DH & I (empty nesters). It brings out the *kid* in us like no other ride.

Peter Pan - A true classic!!

We *always* get FP's for this ride though.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:30 PM   #192
CapnJacksGirl
Mom to two little scalliwags!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari Queen
I'm so grateful that people's "must do" things vary so much. Otherwise, it would be so much harder to do the things you love!
I was thinking this the whole time I was reading this thread! Can you imagine how crowded things would be if everyone loved all of them???

As for me, my "I don't get it" is 'Ohana. Maybe it was an off night for them but it was the worst meal I've paid for anywhere ever. I keep thinking I'll try again sometime but there are so many other places I love that I can't justify taking the chance.

CapnJacksGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:37 PM   #193
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggy922 View Post
Refillable Mugs...especially for those on the DDP. You already get your beverage with you meal, so when, excatly are you supposed to use them? I'm certainly not going to fill it before (or when I return) to/from a park and carry the thing all day. I supposed for those not on DDP, its a good deal if you drink a lot of soda, but it seems like a lot of hassel to lug it around and all that walking to your resort food court just to get a drink.
I think you are so right about the mugs with DDP. I also think that's part of the reason they include them (included in you DP price also ) Also, cuts way down on people using them (old ones) every trip, as they *have* to get new ones if they have the DDP.

We don't ever get the DDP, but I do enjoy *one* new mug each time they come out. Hardly use them there, as we are not soda drinkers, prefer water.
I just like having them.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:47 PM   #194
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut1967 View Post
Ditto, dont get it apart from the fact its shaped like a mickey head, oohh I thought of something else, this may cause flames Mickey bar, in the UK we have magnums and they are much nicer, once again me thinks its the shape that causes the fuss....sorry
We have a Magnum ice cream bar here too.. they are AWESOME.. my problem with the Mickey Bars is that they are frozen SO hard they're nearly impossible to eat. If you manage to take a bite, without breaking your teeth, the chocolate coating cracks into a million pieces and ends up on the sidewalk.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:00 PM   #195
Princess Katherine
The Yeti's Girlfriend

I also do not get the turkey legs, it just looks gross. Soarin' just because it's so boring. Hall of Presidents, The Great Movie Ride, Coke; I just prefer Pepsi. I'm not much on Epcot, I like Spaceship thing and the Soda Place. Rainforest Cafe. Any seafood restaurant. Duffy. Toy Story Mania. I don't know how you guys don't like dole whips. Any value resort.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: