Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 03:11 PM   #1
excitedfamof4
Mouseketeer

How to compose a "touring plan"

Hello all!
We are planning a trip to Disney World from April 29 to May 4. We have two Princess loving daughters who are 9 and 6. It has been a while since my hubby and I have been to Disney World, so I just wanted to get suggestions on how to create a touring plan.
We plan on getting a 5 day park hopper ticket and we are staying at Bonnet Creek if that helps any!
Thank you in advance for any help you can give!!
excitedfamof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:22 PM   #2
stky6
Whereabouts Unknown

www.touringplans.com

well worth the subscription price

Fort Wilderness August 2008

Universal (Left the kids with Grammy because we wanted to check out Universal to make sure they would like it before we took them there trip ) 2009

Watch our son march in the parade with Ross Marching Band 2013

August 2014 Disney/Universal
stky6 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2013, 03:59 PM   #3
jrtoastyman
Purveyor of Fine Latex Products

You may not realize it, but what you're asking is an incredibly broad question that no one here will be able to intelligently answer without some more info. Getting a subscription to TP as a PP suggested is the easiest way to go about it, but the general idea behind a touring plan is to try to hit the things you want to see that develop large lines either in the early morning or late evening (or use FastPass) so you can hit things that don't develop lines, eat lunch, or take a break when crowds are at their highest.

With that in mind, the first thing you ought to do is do some research on the various attractions and figure out what it is that you're wanting to see, figure out the best time to see them, and then figure out the order from there. For example, generally speaking, anything that includes "mountain" in the name or that looks like a mountain is going to get busy first, so if you'll want to either ride those or get FPs for them as soon as you enter the parks if riding them is important to you. That's grossly oversimplified, but hopefully it gives you an idea of how coming up with your plan works.

Owner since June 2011

Upcoming: BLT (Jan 2015)
DLR (July 2014) - DLR (May 2014) - BLT (Dec 2013) - Dolphin (May 2013) - BLT (Jan 2013) - BLT (Jan 2012) - Polynesian (June 2011 + UO/IOA) - Swan (Jan 2007) - Port Orleans French Quarter (Dec 1993) - Off-site (1986)

Last edited by jrtoastyman; 02-13-2013 at 04:20 PM.
jrtoastyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:17 PM   #4
fairy8i8
Spread the Magic!

Touring plans.com has a Princess touring plan for subscribers, so you could start there and import it into a personalized plan so you can add or delete attractions according to your interests.

Also, be sure to TAKE A BREAK in the afternoon to give your princesses a rest. They will need it and be able to better enjoy the things they see. One more ride when you are exhausted is not so enjoyable as a nap or pool break to cool off.

If you want more advice, plan what you would like to do and post a pre-trip report. People will offer all sorts of advice and be able to give you more detailed suggestions when they see what you are interested in doing. Some Disney veterans can help you be more realistic with your goals.
fairy8i8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:29 PM   #5
hookedonears
Louisianan

Quote:
Originally Posted by excitedfamof4 View Post
Hello all!
We are planning a trip to Disney World from April 29 to May 4. We have two Princess loving daughters who are 9 and 6. It has been a while since my hubby and I have been to Disney World, so I just wanted to get suggestions on how to create a touring plan.
We plan on getting a 5 day park hopper ticket and we are staying at Bonnet Creek if that helps any!
Thank you in advance for any help you can give!!
I would do the following:
Once you have your dates and the place you’re going to stay, decide what y'all will be doing. Are you going to Disney only, or are you planning to also do Universal Studios, or Sea World. We always stay on property and do early EMH. You'll need to get the park hours and schedule for the time your going as soon as possible, and determine the schedule that best fits your family. The next thing we do is to plan our meals. Table service and/or counter service, and more specifically, which exact restaurants for each meal. Then I would get a good book at the book store and read about each attraction and decide which ones y'all want to do and/or skip. That way you'll know about how much time you'll need to spend in each park. Note that the window for making restaurant reservations opens several months prior to the park calendar being released, so it's always a juggling act.
hookedonears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:40 PM   #6
jtowntoflorida
Looking Like I Can't Really Afford To Go To Disney Since 2012!

This is what I did:

I got the Unofficial Guide and read descriptions of rides, shows, M&Gs, etc.

Supplemented/updated that with info from here and EasyWDW.

Decided which things we wanted to do.

Looked at park maps (available online) and thought about which order it would be most efficient to do them in.

Taking information from various sources, I decided what order things should be done in, and decided which parks we should go to in which days.

I put all of that into a little Word document that I made up that was formatted to fit on index cards, printed them out, and that was my touring plan!

Personally, none of the pre-canned stuff I saw fit what we wanted to do, exactly, and I really didn't want to pay for a service that I could do myself.

Good luck!
jtowntoflorida is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: