Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2013, 06:10 PM   #1
bazzanoid
where'sthespacebar?

Just made a bet with DW......

Evening all!

DW doesn't think I can lose weight before our trip in october. Specifically, i have a little bit of a belly, and while it's not massive it's enough to make me self-conscious, so I want rid of it! Happy with the rest of me, just not the stomach!

So, she said those immortal words "i bet you won't lose it....." so i asked what we should bet so i have incentive, and after much thought we've settled on our discovery cove tickets - appropriate since it requires being less clothed than any other day - the loser pays for both of us

Wish me luck! She's goin' down.........
bazzanoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:34 PM   #2
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Oh good for you! Nothing like a Florida based incentive to seal the deal, lol. With those tickets on the table, she'd better start to budget!

You have your first supporter
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-10-2013, 06:47 PM   #3
bazzanoid
where'sthespacebar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post
Oh good for you! Nothing like a Florida based incentive to seal the deal, lol. With those tickets on the table, she'd better start to budget!

You have your first supporter
Thank you!!! I also have support so far from our villa owner and also Laura, not sure what her username is on here (she's on my facebook list from here, we've become good cyberbuddies) but it's appreciated!
Old 03-10-2013, 07:06 PM   #4
BethEJo
I left the house at 5.45am - that's unheard of for a student
WDW CM 19/06/11 - 02/09/11

Another supporter here!! I'm in the same boat, albeit I only have 7 weeks to lose my padding that I've been slowly acquiring since Christmas and during revision!!

And there's nothing like being forced to wear a wetsuit to spur you on - I'm with you on this one!

I've been using the My Fitness Pal app on my iPhone - it's a great way to document calories and exercise! You can use it through a web browser too. Definitely keeps me on track - I recommend

Good luck, and keep us up to date
BethEJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:16 PM   #5
Magic Megadegs
Mouseketeer

Good luck, what an awesome bet!!!

Dec / Jan 1990/1991 Villa Xmas, August 1993 I Drive, November 2001 I Drive, August 2003 I Drive Honeymoon , Dec / Jan 2010/2011 Reunion Resort Xmas, August 2013 Caribe Royale & Old Key West Resort , February 2014 Holiday Inn Resort LBV
Magic Megadegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:25 PM   #6
Wismgari
Earning My Ears

Haha, love this!! Good luck I am sure you can do it!

I am currently trying to lose 5lbs so that I can put it back on when I go to Disney next month!!
Wismgari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:03 PM   #7
OhanaSam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethEJo
Another supporter here!! I'm in the same boat, albeit I only have 7 weeks to lose my padding that I've been slowly acquiring since Christmas and during revision!!
I'm in the same boat as you I kept putting it off now it's only 7 weeks away and I'm kicking myself lol

And good luck with the bet, fingers crossed for you!!

Me(23) DBF(23)
OhanaSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:38 AM   #8
torsie24
Or I could call it the postalabration
Now I know to wear flip flops!
Got engaged on a trip to Disneyland Paris

Good for you.

Another vote for my fitness pal, too. It's really great for keeping track of what you're eating and how much you're excercising.

I can't wait to start losing some weight once the baby's born!

WDW: 1994-I Drive / 2009-AKL / 2011-Disney Wedding -AKL-GF RPC-BW-BLT
DLRP 1997-HNY / 2000-SL / 2008-SL / 2009-DLH / 2012-HNY
DLR: 2005-Day Trip
torsie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:02 AM   #9
orangetiggs
Married my sweetheart in DISNEY!!!!!

Im losing weight for florida this time, im doing slimming workd and lost 1stone 2lb in seven weeks, got another 3 stone to lose yet before wdw :-)

Good luck
Old 03-11-2013, 07:48 AM   #10
Laurafoster
DIS Veteran

Another supporter here

I put a fair bit on when pregnant and then subsequently put more on when I was stuck in hospital for the 2 weeks afterwards - I blame the hospital food! It was so horrid I was forced to make relatives bring treats from M&S for me lol!

I've got a bit more to lose before our Sept trip so going to start using My fitness pal after my trip to Centre Parcs Fri
Old 03-11-2013, 08:39 AM   #11
Ciorsdah
Mouseketeer

I'm joining the supporter train!

I've got loads of time until I leave for holiday (31st October) but I'm starting to watch what I'm doing and eating.

I was on another thread here about weightloss to Disney, and I mentioned about looking at the Paleo lifestye. I did a paleo 30 day challenge where I ate whole foods, good quality animal proteins and avoided grains, diary, wheats and processed sugars. The result was that I lost a lot of body fat and build lean muscle. I also got a super flat tummy, so if its a wee tummy that you are trying to get rid off, consider looking at the number of grains/wheat and diary products you consume as these are known to cause intestinal bloating and many people are allergic to them without even knowing.

YOu might be able to loose the tummy without even trying
Ciorsdah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:44 AM   #12
sandshal
DIS Veteran

Rise to the challenge then! My husband and I started eating healthy on the 1st January .... I've gone from 10 stone 5 to 8 stone 11 1/2 and hubby's gone from 14 odd stone to just under 12 1/2 ...... No magic tricks, no expensive plans, just eating clean, unprocessed healthy foods and steering away from potatoes and bread. Top tip I can give you is to download the app myfitnesspal and count your calories ...,, best of all its free! Good luck mate,you CAN do it!
Offsite Disneyland Paris 1998, Davy Crockett Ranch, Disneyland Paris 2000, Sheraton Vistana Villages, Florida June 2003, Newport Bay Hotel, Disneyland Paris 2004, Manors North, Westridge 2006, Vistana Villages, Gulf Coast & HRH Oct 2007, Manors North, Westridge, Portofino Bay & HRH August 2008, Ginn Reunion & RPR August 2009, RCA NYC & Tuscany villa July 2011, Tuscany Villa & PBH July 2013, July/Aug 2014 NYC, Indian Creek Villa, HRH then back to NYC,
Oct 2014 week at Indian Oasis, Indian Creek

sandshal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:35 AM   #13
bazzanoid
where'sthespacebar?

Wow loads of support, thank you all!

I'm not calorie counting or doing a specific diet, just making small step changes to my diet and upping the exercise level to gently burn off the extra, that way it will stay off easier and pretty much eliminates the dreaded yo-yo effect.

One of our friends commented she always puts weight on at WDW but i've only ever lost it, but then staying in a villa we do eat in a lot so our meals are more controlled, and we tend to take lunches with us most days to both save money and control our intake a bit.

Old 03-11-2013, 09:40 AM   #14
Shazzie B
DIS Veteran

Good Luck

Do lots of 'practise' walking for Disney - that really helped me last year I lost 3 stone, I'm not a gym person. Unfortunately I've put nearly a stone back on - blaming 3 weeks at Disney & Christmas

I'm starting again though once the clocks change (& get the OK after medical procedure booked for end of March).

Definately agree with the cut out bread part & count calories- that always helps me.

May 2002 All Star Movies; May 2003 La Quinta 192; Dec 2004 Nikki Bird; April 2006 Holiday Inn & Dolphin Beach, St. Petes; Aug 2007 Animal Kingdom Lodge; Aug 2008 Coronado Springs; Aug 2009 Highlands Reserve & Animal Kingdom Lodge; Oct 2010 Best Western Lakeside; Oct 2012 Arcadia Gardens; Sept 2013 Old Key West;Sept 2014 Transatlantic on Magic

Shazzie B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:50 PM   #15
Disneynutinlondon
It's been such a blast with all the lurkers and fluffing
I seem to be whitering on in a constant stream of random thoughts
I think I'll just go with the small one

What a fantastic challenge and one I'm sure there is no way you'll lose ..... best of luck

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: