Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2013, 05:05 PM   #46
Tink-erin-belle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoriasmom98 View Post
You couldn't even write that with a straight face, could you, Erin? Of COURSE you are planning for 2014!!! You certainly ain't foolin' anyone here!!!

You know I couldn’t! As I typed, my fingers were locking up as if to say, “You KNOW you are lying! You’ve been thinking about 2014 since 2011!”

Quote:
Erin, I do believe that was an "official" invite from Karen!!! Now we just have to wait for her resort of choice....hmmm.....do you think maybe it's POFQ????

I’d put my money on POFQ! Karen seemed pretty excited about the pics she took there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
Oh so many to choose from Ann, but we are pretty certain we have picked one! I'm not going to tell you yet though! Neener!

Ugh! We can’t wait, Karen!

Disney Every Day - An October 2014 PTR
Old 02-12-2013, 05:12 PM   #47
BamaGirl
Mouseketeer

I love your writing style. After reading this report I went and read your Green Apple report! I will be going on a get-a-way trip with my DH in April!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-12-2013, 05:46 PM   #48
jrar4ever
Earning My Ears

I am subbing! I love your reports! I read your first and you sucked me in for hours. I have now read them all and so happy to have a new one to read! Love all the stories and the pics. I also live in rural MO. So hello fellow Missourian!

March 2008 - Pop Century/ March 2009 - AKL (spur of the moment trip)/ Had to Cancel July 2010 - FW Cabins / May 2013 - AoA - Cars Suite / Up Next-July 2014-First trip to Disneyland!
Old 02-12-2013, 05:57 PM   #49
Pixie*Pirate
It IS the happiest place on earth!

Another Missourian here!! I studied the airport pic trying to figure out where the heck that is but I give up!
I absolutely LOVE your pics from Main Street! I'm excited to hear all about this trip.
I had a mother daughter trip back in August with my DD11, it's just magical to have that one on one time.

Old 02-12-2013, 08:39 PM   #50
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
Oh so many to choose from Ann, but we are pretty certain we have picked one! I'm not going to tell you yet though! Neener!
Did you just stick out your tongue at me???!!! OH no you d'nt!!!!
Old 02-13-2013, 12:11 AM   #51
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

YAY! I'm all caught up, and glad I'm here. You are FAST with your updates, lady!

I'm glad everything worked out with your flight and Savannah's fears. Flying isn't always fun, but it sounds like it went well!

Funny note, my in-laws were actually in Disney the week you guys were, so I'm going to be keeping an eye out for them in the background of your photos, haha. It'd be so funny if I saw them!

UGH, the tour groups! WHYYYYY? That's all I have to say about them. WHY?

That should tell you about how much I enjoyed them during our trip.

I'm interested to see how your trip goes because the crowds during ours were way more insane than we were expecting! Part of that was due to the holiday weekend, but yeah. I think New Fantasyland reaaaally upped the crowds this year.

EEEE my favorite character breakfast! I just love Crystal Palace so much!
Old 02-13-2013, 05:57 AM   #52
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGirl View Post
I am enjoying your trip report and can 't wait to read more!

I love your writing style. After reading this report I went and read your Green Apple report! I will be going on a get-a-way trip with my DH in April!
Thank you! Ah, I loved my get-a-way with my DH, I would take more if I didn't think the kids would revolt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixiedust530 View Post
Thank yo! Thank you! Thank you...for giving in to all of our enabling! Now that my trip is officially booked and you are just back with wonderful pictures and a fun-to-read report I am "homesick" for my favorite place!

I am love love loving all your wonderful pictures. I understand what you mean about snapshots vs. photographs. Unfortunately, DBF and I share our talents/skills but not necessarily in a good way. I tend to have a good eye for framing the shot, composition, etc. but I am often at a loss when it comes to camera settings. DBF on the other hand has the technical aspect of the camera and settings down pretty well, but sometimes his composition isn't as great (or at lease not what I had in mind). We work well together, so sometimes I'm telling him to get a certain shot and most times it comes out close to what I was hoping for. He's the one with the fancy DSLR and I have the fancy point and shoot model a step down from a DSLR.

I can't wait to get down there and take some pictures. BTW...I am loving the empty Main Street. I don't think we will be doing any in park early ADR's but this sure makes me want to.
Ah yes, I actually find that my husband has an amazing eye, but he can't work my camera for the life of him! When I got my first camera he went around setting up elaborate shots to take but then couldn't get the camera to work the way he wanted. It's a good thing probably, since it can get to be an expensive endeavor! Luckily I book enough shoots throughout the year to pay for most of my obsession!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink-erin-belle View Post
I’d put my money on POFQ! Karen seemed pretty excited about the pics she took there

Ugh! We can’t wait, Karen!
You'll just have to Erin...how else can I keep you on your toes and interested in what I have to say for the next YEAR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrar4ever View Post
I am subbing! I love your reports! I read your first and you sucked me in for hours. I have now read them all and so happy to have a new one to read! Love all the stories and the pics. I also live in rural MO. So hello fellow Missourian!
Hello fellow Missourian! That is real commitment to read my earlier TR's! I get pretty long-winded! Where do you live? We're in St. James (outside of Rolla, MO)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie*Pirate View Post
Another Missourian here!! I studied the airport pic trying to figure out where the heck that is but I give up!
I absolutely LOVE your pics from Main Street! I'm excited to hear all about this trip.
I had a mother daughter trip back in August with my DD11, it's just magical to have that one on one time.
It's a party in Missouri! I didn't even know this many people in Missouri had internet! It's the Columbia/Jefferson City airport! They have these new flights through Frontier that are CHEAP(like 45$ one way!) and I'm hoping they stay that way. I noticed the prices were going up for summer but they had added some flights, which means Missouri to Orlando must be popular!

Oooh, did you do a TR for your mother/daughter trip? Savannah is now saying she wishes she were back in Florida, that just makes me so happy b/c it means she loved it as much as me!

Quote:
Did you just stick out your tongue at me???!!! OH no you d'nt!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by danimaroo View Post
YAY! I'm all caught up, and glad I'm here. You are FAST with your updates, lady!

I'm glad everything worked out with your flight and Savannah's fears. Flying isn't always fun, but it sounds like it went well!

Funny note, my in-laws were actually in Disney the week you guys were, so I'm going to be keeping an eye out for them in the background of your photos, haha. It'd be so funny if I saw them!

UGH, the tour groups! WHYYYYY? That's all I have to say about them. WHY?

That should tell you about how much I enjoyed them during our trip.

I'm interested to see how your trip goes because the crowds during ours were way more insane than we were expecting! Part of that was due to the holiday weekend, but yeah. I think New Fantasyland reaaaally upped the crowds this year.

EEEE my favorite character breakfast! I just love Crystal Palace so much!
Yes, I'm speedy, it's a compulsion and a little bit OCD! I wish I could drag it out, but I always feel like I'm making everyone wait and they will stop reading if I slow down?

How funny that your ILs were there when we were! Yep, crowds were up. Savannah says I'm just being picky b/c we got everything done that we wanted, but that was just good planning on my part and rope drop. It seems busier and busier each trip I take, part of it is FLE, but I think there are just more people going all the time...no real slow time!

Ok, off I go to update again! I guess I just need to take longer trips so I can have longer TR's!
Old 02-13-2013, 06:35 AM   #53
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Chapter 5: Big smiles and puffed french toast!

After enjoying our empty Main Street and getting some photopass shots, we headed over to Crystal Palace to check in!

OMG, backup a second. I forgot to mention the PP Photographer in the hub. He was familiar to me, which means I have been to WDW far too many times! When I asked him to take a shot with my camera and explained that I had a prime lens and that it wouldn't zoom, he launched into a wonderful camera discussion with me! This is rare, usually the PP photographers just look at me confused when I say I'm using a prime lens and still try to zoom when taking the shot b/c they really only just get trained to take the photos and use the camera that they are given...which is funny b/c it's the SAME camera I have! Anyway... it was really nice to have a chat about camera's, lenses, and such right there in the hub of my happy place! I think Savannah was a bit bored, but photography talk rarely bores me! Just a bit of photography-pixie-dust!

Shew! It was a Karen-ramble! Where was I? Oh yes, CP! So, we checked in and got our little buzzer and walked over to the bridge and were both taking pictures. I remember thinking it was really fun to have someone with me that was taking pictures as well...it didn't last, but it was fun in the moment!

It was only a few minutes and our buzzer went off and they called our name! Off we went to our breakfast! Crystal Palace is a tradition for us. Every single trip I have ever gone on started with a CP breakfast before park opening. Even Rey was insistent that we go to CP on our couples trip b/c we just HAVE to start our day with Pooh and friends! We all love it!

They sat us in a really nice spot that morning. Ah, more camera avoidance!

We had just missed Eeyore, but Pooh came before we even went for food.
Savannah took pics of me with the characters, but I guess we'll never see those since she still hasn't uploaded or edited them.

No matter, she's the cuter of the two of us!

Time to eat! I made a b-line for the puffed french toast, my fav, and look, this time I didn't even get strawberries to make the shot pretty! Last trip, I actually put strawberries on my plate to make the food picture look nice. I decided this was just a waste of space and I could fit more junk on there without them! I really didn't spend much time taking food pics this time. I just snapped and ate!

Amazingly, I didn't love my puffed french toast as much as my mickey waffles this time! Maybe I just had a hankering for mickey waffles. It was ALL good, but I couldn't get enough of those waffles! I stuffed myself.

Savannah's plate:

Just messing around while waiting for more characters...

Tigger came next and I noticed a trend with Savannah...

She was SMILING when getting her picture taken with the characters! Why doesn't she smile like this with me? I asked her if I put on a Pooh suit, would she smile more in our shots.
Piglet was next! I think he made kissy noises when I had my picture taken with him? Two of them did, I think Tigger did as well. Cute!
MORE smiles!

and a hug...awwww!

I love that my big girl still enjoys this.

Since we had missed Eeyore in the beginning, he had JUST started to come around when we were done. We almost left, Savannah was READY to hit rope drop, but I convinced her to wait just a bit...Eeyore is her favorite! It was too cute, Eeyore moved the chair for her so it wasn't in her way/in the picture...

Savannah made this pic/quote for her profile on FB, I thought I would share it!

It was a yummy breakfast and we were ready to hit rope drop! I think it was actually about 3 minutes past RD, but that's usually what time it is when we walk out. We walked over the bridge and as I looked towards the castle I saw WAY more people than I usually see heading down Main Street, through the castle and into Fantastyland! Uh-oh!

Up next...Rope Drop: will we be able to get anything done???
Old 02-13-2013, 07:20 AM   #54
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran

Yay!!! Breakfast at Crystal Palace. Yummers! And yes, look at Savannah's smile! I'm hoping the Disney Magic will have the same effect on my baby girl! That's really cool to meet a PP photographer who can talk lenses with you! Yep, just give me my point and shoot. I mean, I try to be creative and sometimes I get lucky, but yeah...Fantasyland is coming up next!!! Do we really have to wait until tomorrow.........not that I'm enabling or anything.....
Old 02-13-2013, 08:17 AM   #55
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

Awesome pics as always! I like them all, but the shot of just the Mickey bobblies is a cool, creative twist.

Impatiently waiting till tomorrow!
Old 02-13-2013, 08:25 AM   #56
pattiken
Mouseketeer

Great report so far. I love the mommy daughter trips cant wait to do them with my daughter when she is a little older.
Your pictures are beautiful by the way

me , DH , DS 16 , DD 11

universal studios..hard rock hotel 2012 trip report...http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3002065
7 days disney at staying at SSR...ongoing report sep 2012http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3008157
Old 02-13-2013, 10:46 AM   #57
Tink-erin-belle
DIS Veteran

Oh, breakfast at CP! One of our favorites! That is really sweet that Pooh and the gang got a few smiles out of Savannah! Coy’s at that age, too, where I have to BEG him to smile for pics Luckily True is always up for posing! Anyway, I’m getting a little nervous to see the crowds that you were talking about! I hope that you were able to navigate through them and get a lot done!

Disney Every Day - An October 2014 PTR
Old 02-13-2013, 11:04 AM   #58
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

I'm a little bit late, but I'm here! I loved your last report, and you always have amazing photos, so I'm excited to read this one.

That is a really tiny airport! I've never been in one that small.

Great photos around Pop - Taking pictures, exploring, and shopping are all great things to do when you can't sleep.

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR*November 2014 - AKL Kidani Village for E's First Trip!

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Old 02-13-2013, 06:41 PM   #59
Pixiedust530
DIS Veteran

The pictures of Savannah and the characters are so cute. I am sure that most kids her age are way too cool to have their picture with a character. Not THIS kid...I love pictures with characters!

Your food pics are making me crave Mickey Waffles...and I JUST finished dinner. I should NOT be hungry!

Whoa....HOLD ON! Where is the 2nd update for today?!?! You were totally on a roll! I guess I'll just sit and wait...

************************************************** ****************************************
June 1984:Offsite - June 1986:Offsite - July 1989:Contemporary - August 1992:Dixie Landings - June/July 2006:Offsite -
October 2011:All-Star Movies - October 2013:Bay Lake Tower(Lake View) - February 2014:Old Key West
Old 02-13-2013, 10:02 PM   #60
PISCESANGEL
ILoveDisney!

All caught up! We are very similar- I am speeding through my TR too because I'm just anxious to share. I don't have many readers though...

Anywho, I love the bathing suit top- too cute. I also know what you mean about PoP just not being as magical when you go back. I felt the same way the second time we went... I just noticed things too... oh well, I still love it that my kids feel the magic too.

Love your shots on Main Street and at CP- you are making me want Mickey waffles!! So sorry you had to experience BTGs too- it was definitely crowded when we were there and definitely took away from the magic a bit. Still, we made the best of it!

Looking forward to hearing more!
Carla

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: